Still available but hard to find Nokia 808
Private Server - Create, Host & Maintain a Website,
All in your Symbian Device - Visit www.syminsight.tk for details
AnonD-24259, 04 Sep 2013Carol where are you my fren. Hey Friends any one know about the symbian su... moreThey say there will still be support until 2016, because people in Accenture (company who maintains Symbian now) have contracts until then. So MSokia would be in legal trouble if they cancelled that (but they have lied before...). All Nokia phones should have support. But we won't see any Microsoft apps for Symbian. Only apps by independent developers who still support Symbian.
Carol where are you my fren.
Hey Friends any one know about the symbian support after microsoft buys nokia...??
Is there any possibility that we get apps and features developed by microsoft for our existing symbian phones.
siva, 03 Sep 2013ya what all u have asked can be performed using Nokia 808....shiva tell me in detail plz
text hide in whatsapp !
like we cant watch what we typing
i think its called text wraping?
its happen in 808? with F2?
hey guys help me also
i want To join ur cummunity
wanna buy nokia 808
actully i am camera lover
But confuse about F2 issue
i need nothing like photo editor
and photo editor
but i need 2 option
1. can we crop photos in F2?
2.can We rotate photos and after rotation can We save them like In F1???????
is these option are defuat in F2?????
plzzz help me guys
i have no time
will Go for 808
i am so apps lover
no game lover
Simply use uc ... opera whatsapp !
thats It !
AnonD-77434, 02 Sep 2013Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh Siva :D Thanks friend for your beautiful comment, you makes me happy :Poh my friend ziad.. NO thanks between friends. Hey is it possible to downgrade from .1508 version to .1506 if so, may i know how. If it is possible then i can get back to stock indian version if needed.
AnonD-34934, 02 Sep 2013Ziad downloaded Full HD video of the link u posted.. Video is superb Man..Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh Siva :D
Thanks friend for your beautiful comment, you makes me happy :P
Mats, 02 Sep 2013Thank you very much for your feedback, regarding keypad, i want the alphanumeric keypad from t... moreI Think Carol will help you more in this case, I guess you may downgrade to belle Fb1, I don't know, I hope Carol see this and help you, he is very professional in such situations :P
AnonD-77434, 02 Sep 2013 -About the keyboard I don't get this ((to the customary alphanumeric keypad))....do you me... moreThank you very much for your feedback, regarding keypad, i want the alphanumeric keypad from the original belle where you can change the words with star and have the arrow keys to move around instead of pick and choose from the options above. is there a way possible to get back to that version of the alphanumeric keypad?
AnonD-144210, 02 Sep 2013Hi Friends,
Long time that I am posting on the forum. Actually just checked the updates last ... moreHi Pureview is the best :)
Great review, I agree with you all the points specially, that you will try to get Lumia 1020 the next 3-4 months, and you will keep 808 Pureview cause it's one in the life time.
I'm like you I can't imagine my phone without Nokia Logo, and despite I never get an android and I was a bit from Xperia Z, but Lumia 1020 eats my mind and makes me want to taste WP again
I love this forum and all the guys here...keep supporting and help with all guys and keep in touch always.
Hi all my friendssssssssssssssssssssss
This is my last small movie clip by Nokia 808 Pureview from my last trip....Enjoy :D
Nokia 808....when Lumia 1020 stops to learn ;)
Mats, 02 Sep 2013Hi Carol/Ziad,
I have a quick question and would be great if anyone of you can help. I rese... more
-About the keyboard I don't get this ((to the customary alphanumeric keypad))....do you mean you back to the normal keyboard or to numeric one???
-Delight is very good CFW for Nokia 808 Pureview, it will make the phone very smooth and fast beside it have nice animations like the IPhone IOS, beside it will keep your phone cache always empty.... I have tons of games and The C/ is still around 565.5 mb free space, BTW Delight CFW don't change your Keypad.
Over all delight is highly recommended ")
Anonymous, 02 Sep 2013Hi, I would like to know that the handset nokia 808 does it gets connected automatically wh... moreif u have wifi ON by default in ur 808 and if u r in the place where a known WiFi connection is available and for example if ur mail account need net to sync.. ur 808 will automatically connect to the known connection available around....
Long time that I am posting on the forum. Actually just checked the updates last night only for this forum and really felt happy to see so many people contributing to it till now.
Now coming back to my experience after 2 months of usage of Pureview 808. Here are some observations:
1) 808 as a phone is superb. Voice quality and reception of signals are really very good. When I get on conference calls I know who is speaking on Samsung :). Speakers are good and its very clear to hear other voices coming from other side.
2) It's a solid build phone, dropped it couple of times and was confident enough that nothing would happen and nokia didnt let me down here. I am not using any kind of cover to protect the phone and like it in stock only. The back of the phone with such huge lens is a looker.
3) Touch sensitivity is fine with me. I don't have any issues with touch sensitivity. Not sure what other users think of. No major complaints from Symbian as such.
4) Bought brand new phone for Rs 15000/less than 300$, and I still believe that even if you take camera out of the scenario, then also it was worth the money.
5) Will not talk about its camera, everyone know it's capabilities. I am not a photo enthusiastic but wanted to capture special moments which can come in front of you anytime and this camera stand in its own league. Family members and office people just envy it when they see me capture the moments in this camera phone. Hands down there is no competition here.
6) Battery is just OK for me. Having 2 mail accounts and one twitter account getting sync, I have to keep power saver on most of the time to get through the day. Nothing exciting here but nothing much to complain as well. Have seen people with iPhone and if they try to use the phone as I do, they are always looking for charging ports :)
7) I have most of the apps needed, so no complain from a daily user perspective. I dont' play games and hence don't have any games installed on my phone and hence don't miss out on that front really. But with people who want to play games nokia store will disappoint the people.
8) Display of the phone is really great even under direct sunlight and I really love that. Makes it a real smartphone which can be used under any condition.
9) As I mentioned above that from a general user's perspective most of the apps are there in nokia store. However there are no good email apps (also my company's email plugins are not supported on symbian anymore), Calanders cannot be synced unless you use google, many major apps are missing like I cannot use my phone to check-in at airports, since there is no app for it, however iOS and androaid has it, vnc viewers etc are missing. So some things are stuck in past in symbian and it is here that iOS takes the edge for users who are looking for these kinds of features.
10) I am not a symbian lover but a Nokia lover and looking forward to Nokia 1020 in next 3-4 months and hopes it solves my limited apps issue which I mentioned above. Lumia 1020 is still not released in India and once it's released it will take another 2-3 months for it's price to settle down. I hope windows phone OS 8 will not let me down in terms of apps. I know number of apps are small in comparison to other stores but I hope it covers all the major apps atleast.
Lastly, I love this phone and I mentioned sometime before also that it is a collector's item and must for people who love technology. I will keep it with me even if I upgrade it some other phone (That will be Nokia only of course).
And finally, Carol and Ziad my friends good to see that you guys keeping posting regularly. I hope both of you are doing fine and keep enlightening the forums with your knowledge.
I would like to know that the handset nokia 808 does it gets connected automatically when wifi is on or we have to do manually connected as m facing the problem in my handset where i have to connect manually when it is in range even if the wifi mode is on . please suggest or this feature is not available in nokia 808