can anyone provide help in regards to being able to acess the app store or update last version 10. am in australia
The second day to use this new phone.
The unusual good-looking bright yellow colour actually balanced out the dullness of a small non-touch screened feature phone.
The sliding cover added a sense of delicacy to the phone even though the phone is made by polycarbonate.
Glad to have google supporting the phone, we get google assistance, google search, google map and google contact sync. These guarantee one can survive in the city in this modern day.
The number pad also became more solid, more independent, and more certain when using it longer and more.
But I hope the phone can provide side volume adjustment keys, perhaps a better quality screen, and more personalization options for the homescreen shortcut keys, and homescreen display. Also, the screen and its peripheral is covered by a plastic-looking glass, I wonder if it can look more solid and strong.
Nowadays, its hard to get and use a good feature phone with good support of internet and google service, as a good touch-screen android phone can be cost for only $110. And people usually feel strange and uncomfortable when they see people still carry a feature phone around. This phone has provided an opportunity for us, the minority, to live a different lifestyle defying a strong societal norm.
hi every one i just want to purchased this phone for use in u.s. , but a small problem.. i dont sure if it will work in u.s. the frequencys dosen't the same like europe,
i contact h2o and ask them if the phone will work, i supply the info about the frequencys he support, they tell me that they can't pormised it will work, maiybe someone use it in us or understand better the meaning of frequencys.
the frequencys of h2o for 3g is b2. (1900) b5. (850) and 4g is b2. (1900 pcs) b4. (1700/2100 aws) b17. (700bc) b30. (2300 wcs)
if i understand right it has to work with 3g 850 (it also depended on frequency power in new york) but 4g has not to work. (i have to use the europe model because he support my language).
if you are use it in us please tell me which company. thank you
Crazy-cupcakes-2017, 09 Aug 2018Well honestly, i really like the device. Everything depends on what you want your phone to be.... moreThank you for your in-depth reply. I agree with your sentiments. I use a Nokia 3310 3G as my second phone and enjoy it. I enjoy the relative durability of feature phones and long battery life.
I think the 8110 will be a considerable upgrade to my 3310 so will be happy with that :-)
If WhatsApp comes to this phone sometime in the future then it will be great.
mrfone, 07 Aug 2018Presumably HMD Global not prioritising the UK for this phone. From the review on GSMArena and ... moreWell honestly, i really like the device. Everything depends on what you want your phone to be. If you're looking for a classic nostalgia just to make phone calls, send occasional text, fm radio and 'portable hotspot', you'll love this phone. It's quite unique - the form factor, the slider, 4G volte call clarity, can come in handy when you need a fm radio...
Having used this phone for almost 3 months, I like it to be honest. Yes there were annoyances, like slow - non feature rich OS. But after 2-3 days I got used to this. I found ways to get things done. For example contacts search needs some getting used to, switching between silent, vibrate, sound modes (it wasn't difficult for me, but I've seen someone complaining that there's no silent mode available)..
In the review, they've complained this device has a slow charging speed, but honestly I've never noticed. I usually plug in the charger before bed time and unplug it in the morning and the batery gets me through the day easily. I can use it for 2 or more days on a single charge if i don't use hotspot option.
Functionality: Yes, many touch screen android devices are available for a little bit higher price. But they are all the same right? Running android, with a touch screen... Yes, android is a matured OS, a cheap android can function 99% similar to a more expensive flagship (much slower of course) But as a backup phone, (I use it as my secondary phone) cheap Androids doesn't sound appealing for me. They are big, they look mostly the same like your primary device, not that much pocket friendly...
So basically, someone's opinion on a phone depends on what they want the phone to be. For me, it fits all my needs. A unique looking small pocket friendly device. It's great as a secondary cell phone.
If you wanna use it a the daily driver... That's when the problems start to show up. Email syncing, web browsing, 2mp camera, single tasking OS, lack of "dash" charging. I honestly don't think, anyone on a right mind would want to use a feature phone with a tft display to browse Facebook, insta or whatever social media and to take portraits or to check emails! Everythings optimized for touch sensitive functions! So ask yourself, what you really want to do on your phone. If you wanna use it smartphone-ishly, recommend you invest your money elsewhere and if you are looking for unique looking nostalgia, it might be worth a shot!
Crazy-cupcakes-2017, 06 Aug 2018Not released in UK yet? I've been using this for almost 3 months now! That's really strange sp... morePresumably HMD Global not prioritising the UK for this phone. From the review on GSMArena and user opinions it might not be worth the wait. How good do you find yours? Hopefully it will get more reliable as KaiOS bring out updates.
1. Does not show missed calls or sms on screen after it is past
2. Recent calls does not show up immediately and sometimes the last number that called is called does not show in All, Missed, Dialed or Received
3. Typing name of contacts using button, button does not always follow sequence of letters on the keys but at times, jump
4. When recent calls are checked, at times it hangs until it has to be returned back
5. No specific button that function as return (Back) key as the back functions for deleting numbers too,
6. When slide cover is used alternatively, it stays in the same position with the screen still where it is
7. At times button for return have to be pressed repeatedly for it to function
mrfone, 06 Aug 2018Due to be released August 15. Not long now :-)August 15th? (Just saying because read my username,.. the Battle of Lumphanan happened August 15th in 1057).
mrfone, 06 Aug 2018Due to be released August 15. Not long now :-)Not released in UK yet? I've been using this for almost 3 months now! That's really strange specially because HMD global is a European company...
Anonymous, 04 Aug 2018Has this phone been release in the UK yet?Due to be released August 15. Not long now :-)
Memphis, 04 Aug 2018They are deficiencies, because:
1. By silent mode i mean no sound and no vibration - this i... moreIDK but mine has a vibrate and a silent mode seperately. Reduce voluwe to zero, then vibrate mode will be activated and press the volume down key once more and vibrate will be switched off!
Same goes with "Ab" thing. Mine starts with a capital letter whenever i type (even in contact search) and whenever i end a sentence with a full stop and press space and start the new sentence, phone automatically switches from "ab" mode to "Ab" mode...
Crazy-cupcakes-2017, 04 Aug 2018Most of the details are pretty much true, except:
Post 1- Silent mide is available. Use the... moreThey are deficiencies, because:
1. By silent mode i mean no sound and no vibration - this is not supported (when I use the volume slider, I can eliminate the sound, but the vibration stays on). Other phones have a button or shortcut to turn on silent mode.
2. Uppercase start in the SMS is a default setting in all smart and feature phones.
3. What you said stands. However, with all phones when they are plugged into a charger, you get a sound or screen notification. This phone does neither.
Memphis, 02 Aug 2018Works very poorly. I expected the phone to work at least like other feature phones.
newly d... moreI hope whatsapp and facebook support is optional because some people don't need social media on their feature phone. Personally I use it only for making calls, hotspot, fm radio and occasional text.
I don't think even if this supported facebook out of the box, that screen and no touch navigation will make it hard to use. Well whatsapp can come in handy! It's all personal preference i think
Memphis, 03 Aug 2018Until now noticed bugs and deficiencies (firmware 12.00.17.06)
- plastic cover is very sens... moreMost of the details are pretty much true, except:
Post 1- Silent mide is available. Use the Volume slider from the quick settings.
Post 2- First letter is uppercase (by default i think) You can change it by pressing # key when typing the msg
Post 3- When the adapter is plugged in and charging the batery icon has a lightning like sign on it. If the screen is off, plugging the adapter will turn the display on.
Until now noticed bugs and deficiencies (firmware 12.00.17.06)
- plastic cover is very sensitive - minor scratches immediately
- dialler remembers only the last 20 calls
- calendar starts from Sunday
- cannot remove popup windows in browser (cookie notification)
- no option to set shortcuts on arrow buttons like on other feature Nokia phones
- cannot change or add shortcuts in shortcuts menu
- bluetooth reconnection with paired device does not work, you must turn on/off bluetooth on phone again
- no charger notification when power adapter is plugged in
- battery does not show percentage of capacity on main screen, you must go to settings to check the percentage
- no info on main screen about missed calls and SMS
- when the slider is closed after a call, the screen stays turned on
- when using hotspot phone gets very hot
- when composing an SMS the first letter is not automatically uppercase
- when an SMS is sent sometimes there is a sound notification, sometimes there is not
- mail synchronising is extremely slow and is not working properly
- slow and incomplete OS
- no silent mode
- vibration cannot be disabled for when the call has been answered
- disturbing that it shows on the display that no second SIM card had been inserted
- poor app store