Just got this hp.Its that damn good.Maybe a few years back,i would think its a stupid hp,but now that its that damn cheap,its sure worth the money.For those who wants a stylish hp,but bot caring about the specs,i truly recommned this hp.Its unique.
Recently got this off ebay.
- Looks good
- Slide phone (I like this personally, others might hate it)
- Cover compound is like an alloy, not plastic.
- LCD display. This is a pro if you work outdoors since you can't see colour screens in the sun! Might be a con to you.
- Uses BLB-2 battery, battery life isn't that great compared to newer phones with similar functions. (I used to have a 2600 and battery life on that was excellent compared to BLB-2 battery phones [8210 and 8855])
- Closing the keypad cover cancels what you are doing. This doesn't make sense to me. When I type an SMS and hit send then close the cover, it cancels me out to the main screen. I am used to clearing the SMS text so I can have a blank page next time I compose a message.
- The back battery cover is *extremely* loose. I thought this might be because I bought off ebay, but inspection shows no damage of the back cover slide. There is only one clip for the whole back cover, and no depression buttons to hold it on like most Nokia phones. This is the biggest flaw I find with the phone. It is extremely annoying. When you hold the phone in one hand and slide hte keypad cover closed, the back cover slides off from teh pressure placed on your fingers.
- SIM card holder fails. I've had the phone one day and twice the phone has said "Insert SIM card". I think this is a design flaw as well as the SIM card moves a little when placed in position.
- SMS memory size. I've reached max number of messages in 1 day. It is an older model though, compares to the 8210 sms bank size.
Overall I think the phone is good for its outward looks and the LCD display. It has some bad design flaws which really shouldn't be there but are. Get this phone as a sparey or for when you are going out.
This mobile design is simply the best. How can you resist such quality mobile. There is no match with current advance phone.You just can'r compare with it.
This phone is so wonderfull...
If there is someone who can tell me where i can buy it, new or old.
I live in denmark.
So if you now where i can get it, so contact me on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Where can I buy a new Nokia 8855? How much it cost? If you do know, pls keep me inform. TQ
I've a used set of 8855 for sale (MY)... anybody interested ? Comes with full package (box, cd-rom, earpiece, 2 batteries, desktop charger ... just say FULL PACKAGE)
E-mail if interested and for more info/pix
my dad has this and i don't really like it. theres nothing to do!!! the games are rubbish and the screen isnt color. I like the style though but thats about it!
I'm using nokia mobile, model no 8855 which is I like very much, Now this mobile's mirrow has broke up and also colour gone, I would like to change fully housing(covering)to look newly. Can you provide me new full cover of nokia 8855. Appreciate, if you could send the cover with key pad only
With Best Regards,
I live in india-new delhi. \I want to buy this handset brand new one.please tell me who much is the cost for this handset and from where can i buy this.
I'm thinking of getting this phone, all i want is style, hate all camera phones etc. May I ask the colour of these, the person who i want to get it of said it was navy blue? Is that true? It says it suppose to be black, which is what i want?
Timeless design. Even if the color/camera phones are taking the limelight, the 8855 still stands out. Performance is A-okay!
i love this phone pls, hple me to gat this phone 8855 do it for me god will bless you and your buiness. i thank god for this can of phone thanks good bye i love nokia is the best of all phones thanks bye
Very poor reception.In a low network signal conditions,while other models still work,this model remains totally silent.Highly unreliable.
I have a 8855.. Recently purchased it (yes in 2004) for a bargain basement of $1500 (£110).... i am from the UK and this model was never released. I just want to say that this model is superior to the 8850 in terms of batt life and software functionalities... The design is slightly better too in my opinion, the lines on the phone is smmother and better on the eye. I truly love it. I went for an all time classic rather than a modern character-less camera phone...
by the way the nokia 8855 has much better reception than the nokia 8850!!
so what do you say about that all nokia 8850 lovers???
I used the Nokia 8850 GOLD and personally i believe it looks better than the Nokia 8855 but when you really weigh it up you will discover that the Nokia 8855 has an amazing battery compared to the Nokia 8210, 8850, 8310, 6510!!! ITS HAS A MUCH LONG STAND BY AND TALK TIME SO THAT IS REALLY AN IMPROVED FEATURE INTRODUCED!! Metal phones are in class of there own and when they are compared to all the other shitty PLASTIC phones this phone stands out together with the Nokia 8850 and 8890. However the Nokia 8850 and 8890 are now many years old and extremely behind in features. THE NOKIA 8855 HAS NEW GAMES, SCREEN SAVER, AND WAP!!! THESE ARE ALL FEATURES THE NOKIA 8850 NEVER HAD!!!