i have current version of nokia suite 3.3.89 but when i try to update nokia asha 200 version to 10.61 it shows something wrong and not updated. how to update?
A phone that doesn't have wifi? REALLY? pfff I don't want this phone anymore...
Ann, 11 Mar 2012Are there any problems since the internal memory is only 10 mb? 10mb seems very very less! Co... moreDear, Happy holi. Iam owner of Nokia 200(asha) and Nokia X2-01. X2-01 is better than asha200.Asha 200 is a thirdclass Phone.
Is it worth the money?, If the Eco is a small or big problem...I mean if I can not communicate, how is this phone any good? pls reply...
Yes, I tried 10.61 SW as well and it fixes the echo issue I had in my phone earlier
Reallay Third Class Set.
Big ECHO problem, Can't Receive Call or SMS during Net Browsing.
Total wastage of Money. Plz Plz don't buy it.
If u don't trust me just Type Nokia 200 Echo problem in Google. You will find the result.
Thuitas, 04 Mar 2012I bought Asha 200 at Kenya and after a week i returned it to nokia care for 5 days due to echo... moreAssuming you use Nokia Suite version 3.3.x, you may get the message - no updates available, if Nokia Suite is not able to connect to Nokia site, because either your internet connection failed, or firewall is blocking the request. Disable firewall for 30 minutes or more, then you should be able to see that the new updated version (as of today) for Nokia 200 is 10.61. For me, this version seems to have solved the echo issue.
siva, 07 Mar 2012gives echo while talking
but internet speed is good
cont browse youtube
video's does not ... moreGot this phone today. Main requirement was dual SIM.
1) Had echo problem, but was resolved with Firmware (46MB in size) upgrade via Nokia Suite. There are some problems with current version of Nokia Suite (3.3.x), because of which it crashes while doing update check. Follow the below steps to avoid those crashes and successfully upgrade firmware:
open C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia Suite\productapi\productapiconfiguration.xml file in any text editor
find RM-800 SD
and change it to: RM-800 NA
also find RM-761 SD
and change it to: RM-761 NA
Nokia Suite 3.4 will have this issue resolved in future.
2) Camera is 2MP, but that is not my requirement. With the new firmware upgrade, hopefully I should have no camera issues.
3) Nokia clearly states it is a dual stand by, meaning if one SIM is busy in call or sms, other sim will be out of range.
4) This phone is not for heavy browsing! Do not expect it to give lightning speeds at the price it comes for.
5) OS is S40, which is not as good as S60, but quite better than Samsung Dual phones with Bada in same price range.
6) Screen brightness is not user-changeable, even after the firmware upgrade, which is somewhat a miss, hopefully will be solved with one more future upgrade.
7) Symbians are never popular for apps, so the 10MB that I have, will mostly be used for Contact details and SMS.
This is a basic dual SIM phone, so do not expect smartphone things out of it. But build quality looks robust. Uses the same battery as the 5233. My previous 5233 used to easily last 5 days per charge, so this phone should last at least 4 days (its a dual SIM hence may be less), but have to check it out still. And its a Made in India phone - salesman informed me it is made at Chennai plant.
Disclaimer: I have used Nokia phones all my life, hence may have affinity for it. 3310, 5233, E50, E63, E72, 200. Other than E50, all phones were great.
i dont know about this phone..but i asking u guys.... is this a good phone or not..and what is best phone of nokia dual sim in about 5000 rs.
IS this set can receive call in both 2 sim at a time?
is the 2 sim stand by at a time? Like sansung c-3212?
I like its size and shape.only that its in-built mb is just too low and talking pictures is slow andalways questioned.
Are there any problems since the internal memory is only 10 mb? 10mb seems very very less!
Could someone also give me a comparison between nokia x201 and asha 200?Which one do you suggest is better?
Thanks in advance!