I like Nokia phone because its easy to use. Its program is not complicated for me. Phone is also solid even i dropped it sometime. I already used chinese phone before, its price is lower but quality : Nokia product is much better.
And please...asha 300is 100%more stylish than ur se cedar..only 12.7mm.. nt 15.5mm like old age phones...
i hv 3 questions to wreck....
1)hv u used it's 5MP Camera?
2)hv u used c3-01 1ghz phone?
3)can u plz submit me an authentic sony erricson official website where those information(like processor,ram,and other information mentioned by u is given?
jake rulz, 22 Nov 2011wats de cost of this phone? is it out yet? some 1 please please please reply.. i need 2 kw it fast..AED.390/= (I saw the phone at Al karama, Dubai - U.A.E)
Ano N. Mous, 22 Nov 20111. Asha is touch screen. Is your cedar touch screen? You can touch but it wont respond.
2. Ce... moreI'll be replying to your wrong points.
1. Touch screen is a good deal. But resistive one isnt that good.
2. You dont know a thing about cedar. Thats evident if you really meant it.
4. Cedar got OTG, may be not good as flagship devices bt can be connected with some printer.
6. Asha 300 got the same 5mp fixed focus sensor as x2. No manufacturer would make a new sensor thats being launched as a better replacement for same priced phone.
7. You wont be typing using the screen, but you have to navigate. Since there is no d-pad
8. Its not a mistake. The ram, rom and processor are soldered together in cedar. Dissassemble a cedar to verify.
280mb is not ram,rom memory. Its user accessible internal memory.
The chipset is d43, which can support upto 512mb ram and was used in computers. Thanks to our friend naim for these valuable info.
10. I agree i've not personally tested a asha for checking wether there is any improvement due to added clockspeed. But the increase in speed may also be due to higher ram and rom as opposed to other s40's. A lot of phone maniacs too agree, the 1ghz in c3-01 was a gimmick, so its pbly the same here too. Just verify those corresponding pages.
11. Java size is the maximum .jar file size manageable by a phone. I've tried an 18mb .jar dictionary file in my cedar, originally meant for 5230 series. For x2 its 2mb, for other nokias and other java phone its 1mb. And the 5 I said is the ultimate I expect, I assume its pbly 2mb as in x2. If you own asha, check it.
13. Everyone do multitasking if they can. Taste it once, and you'll know it. Why stick to web browser until you complete downloading something?
14. Thanks for enlightening me. I didnt knew of that.
15. Speed dial ain't smart dial, i'll lighten you up here. search the web.
16. I was speaking of burning the charge and your eyes when the phone is in a dark place or using in night.
17. .srt subtitles arent annoying for everyone. And its quite useful when in class, etc...
18. Dedicated keys for music are not really required, but vol. Keys doubling as music keys is really awesome, benifical and handy.
19. Minimise one app and open another is different. Due to task manager you can force shut minimised apps without opening them again. There were phones with multitasking but no task killer in the past.
20. Ericsson properitary java os is completely open. All the system files are accessible and editable via notepad and is coded in hex programin language.
22. The flash you thought of ain't the flash I meant. I was speaking of flash content in web, like gsmarena time counting while editing post, rapidshare, 4shared download links time counter etc... Its there only in smartphones and cedar got it too..
23. Cedar hasnt stopped production.
24. If speaking of health issues, cedar got the upper hand. Its a greenheart model.
No forum is dedicated to any phone or any thing. And cedar is indeed a related topic to asha.
Ano N. Mous, 22 Nov 20111. Asha is touch screen. Is your cedar touch screen? You can touch but it wont respond. 2. Ce... morewats de cost of this phone? is it out yet? some 1 please please please reply.. i need 2 kw it fast..
To be as a user of Sony Ericsson Naite. i am able to tell you that Sony Ericsson Charging Ports are giving complaints all time . As some times it won,t respond to the conected cable at all as the port is open for both headphone & charger
Multi threading as a specilized form of multitasking.
A multi threaded program contains 2 or more threads running concurently.
In a multitasking environment, 2 or more processs will run concurently.
Multithreading requires less overhead than multitasking, process are heavyweight tasks that require their own address space.
Interprocess communication is very expensive and context switching from one process to another process is costly (in terms of memory) since they are running in different address spaces.
In case of multithreading threads are lightweight process and can share same address space and interthread communication is less expensive
wreck, 22 Nov 20111.
Asha- Resistive touch, old and outdated. Keypad with no d-pad
Cedar- no touch, alpha nume... more1. Asha is touch screen. Is your cedar touch screen? You can touch but it wont respond.
2. Cedar, video not smooth. Just like watching old movies of charlie chaplin. Asha. Smooth video.
3. YOur correct at this point. Asha has faster download time.
4. Cedar not OTG. My friend has cedar, no OTG
5. Correct again
6. Had you tried asha 300 camera? Not same as X2. Better than your cedar.
7. Not all people have big thumbs. and you wontbe typing using the screen.
8. YOur mistaken. 280 mb is shared by both RAM and ROM in CEDAR. TOtal memory of asha is larger.
9. AS mentioned in #8. Follow this link
10. Do you have a review? I doubt it. Follow this link
11. Questionable. Where did you get this info? Your just making this up
12. YOur Correct.
13. Your correct. But MOST people dont do multi tasking.
14. Asha has multi threading. It is a specialized form of multitasking. Inbox, outbox, draft, etc.
15. Speed dialing is a a feature of all Nokia phones since time immemorial. Your mistaken.
16. Your correct. But it is adjusted so that you wont burn up your display.
17. SRT subtitles? It is annoying to have subtitles while watching videos. Who needs it when you can understand what you're watching?
18. Your correct. But asha is not built for music. You listen to music to entertain yourself. Dedicated keys for music not really required.
19. No multi tasking, so this feature is not present. Your just adding this to have a longer argument.
20. Open OS? not one of them has it.
21. In this number, you mentioned too many features that asha also have and a few, none.
22. Your mistaken. Asha has flash support
23. Cedar is an old phone. Naturally its price will drop and it is also nearing its extinction.
24. Volume, Nokia had considered the health of people. So, dont blame them if they just wanted to protect your ears.
Had enough? Leave this thread if you are into cedar. This thread is for people who likes Nokia asha and want to discuss asha related topics. This thread is not for people who will just make a mockery of asha like you. Cedar has its own advantages but as I mentioned in my previous post, asha has more features than cedar.
Hai, friends... Nokia uses 3 Platforms in its products as per my knowledge.
(Very powerful, Smart phones, support Multi Tasking. These are very interesting to use)
(Works like China Mobiles, But supports Java. No Multi Tasting, Very bore to use. We have to close the present App if we wanted to use another App. )
(I hope every one knows about Windows)
Now to conclude, Go for Symbian or Windows but not for S40 mobiles. Asha303 is a S40 mobile... But I liked the looks of this mobile.
I had once bought Nokia 6600(15000rs), N70(17000rs), N73(18000rs). and X6(15000rs). I was well satisfied with all the mobiles except X6. I have all the first three mobiles in good condition with me but sold away X6 as I felt very difficult to handle the Total Touch. Now planning to buy a Querty pad mobile with a vertical screene like Asha300 but with Symbian platform. Nokia plz... release a Symbian mobile in the same built of Asha300, plz plz plz plz plz
Ano N. Mous, 22 Nov 2011DO you have proofs to support your claim? All you have is your narrow, fixed focus mind on ced... more1.
Asha- Resistive touch, old and outdated. Keypad with no d-pad
Cedar- no touch, alpha numeric
2. Video recording asha-
Vga at 30fps in low quality 3gp at 800kbps max bitrate
Cedar- qvga at 15fps in hq mp4 format in 1.4mbps video bitrate. (Upgradable to vga at 24fps and higher quality)
3. 3.5g asha- hsdpa 10.2mbps
Both cedar and asha
5. Camera pixels
Asha 5mp, same sensor as x2
6. Camera quality
Asha low colouring and washed out pixels, same as in x2.
Cedar great 2mp sensor .colour absorbtion levels in par with c5-00
Asha 2.4' bigger than average non-touch. But too small for a touch display. Cant freely put a thumb around. Waiting for product launch inorder to know about side-views
Cedar- 2.2' display. Usual feature phone size.
Only one angle desaturates colors a little and at present, the best in range
8. Memory capacity
ROM- 256MB ram- 128mb
rom- 264mb Ram- 132mb
(Discovered after completely dismantling the phone).
9. Internal memory
Asha 1ghz, but no considerable speed improvement when compared with x2 and c3-01 1ghz. (So theoretically same as owning a 4 litre engine, but power limited to 80hp)
Cedar- 260mhz processor, d43 chipset. Completely exploits the added clockspeed when compared to other java
11. Java size limit
Cedar still unknown (worked even 20mb .jar)
Asha- no heap
Cedar- uncalculated, approxed to be 40mb+.
13. Java Multitasking
14. Phone function multitasking
Cedar- yes, inbox, write new, drafts, sent...etc
15. Smart dial
Cedar- yes, advanced as in BB os and even scans dialled n.os apart from contacts.
16. Brightness adjust
Cedar- yes, same as samsung, lg, java etc..
17. .srt subtitles
18. Music keys
19. Task manager/killer/switcher
20. Open-os, accessible system files
21. Customisation in file system.
Cedar- yes, change camdriver for extra features,clarity, audio driver for out-of-box sound, display driver (yet to be edited) for extra saturation...etc
customise menu, softkey with images, icons, etc.
22. Flash support
Cedar- yes, via default browser.
Asha to be launched around 5600rs (approx)
I have tried to add everything to be compared, sure will be corrections and additions after gsmarena review like audio clarity, volume.etc. Please notify if there are any corrections or points I missed. Thank you.
wreck, 21 Nov 2011Asha got resistive touch, too hard.
And asha lacks much important factor, multitasking.
Asha... moreDO you have proofs to support your claim? All you have is your narrow, fixed focus mind on cedar and no hard copy of proofs you claim.
1. Its resistive, What do you expect? Use your mind. 2. Video recording, your cedar is just 15fps while asha 300 is 30fps. You LOSE.
3. In 3G, your cedar is slower. You LOSE
4. Asha has OTG, Cedar none. You LOSE
5. Camera. Asha 5mp. Cedar, 2mp. You LOSE
6. Display. Asha is bigger. You LOSE.
7. Pixel Density, your cedar wins
8. Memory capacity, you LOSE
9. Card slot capacity, you LOSE
10. Processor, you LOSE
There are still many things your cedar won't stand a chance. Beat it, man. Wake up. Your cedar is much older. There may be some areas your cedar has the advantage. But the majority of advantages goes to asha. Open you mind and try to live in the present. Dont live in the past. Let go...
Hi Nokia Company.......U r So Good Company.....Please Made Nokia Asha 300 Full Black Color Soon...
Ano N. Mous, 19 Nov 2011I disagree with you. Cedar is not touch screen type. Asha 300 is touch screen. Processor is sl... moreAsha got resistive touch, too hard.
And asha lacks much important factor, multitasking.
Asha got the same sensor as x2 and it completely losses in front of cedar.
Which one would you take?
More and washed out pixels or better and coloured pixels?
Low quality 3gp vga recording or hq mp4 vga recording?
Unable to play .m4v and ipod,iphone formats or able to play even with additional .srt subtitles
Its aasha that loses more when compared.
Anonymous, 19 Nov 2011100% identical with c3-01 gold edition. same memory, speed,display. just another clothes. so t... morePlease check RAM and ROM also and Wlan of C3-01 its nokia they only know how to satisfy customers not to decieve them.