Annu, 30 Jul 2013I m using dis phone last 2 weeks nd nothng interesting iz dere in dis fone its uselessitz a gud fone.. i loved it.. bt as itz indivisuals' opinion... i loved it.. ppls..thoz who r unsure whethr to buy it or nt.. plz dont read these reviews.. read specifications.. cuz they r all true.. if it satisfies u ok..odrwys dont buy..
ds is mah 3rd week wd ds phone..
all i hafta say ab' it is dt..
itz a perfect 1 for thoz who want a smrtphne experience 4 lw price nd thoz who hav nvr used a smrtphne b4.. odrs may feel itz nt upto d mrk.. ds is supposed 2 b mah 1st phone..nd m quite satisfied.. no whatapp bt will com sun.. so no worries..:)
not up to the hype, 30 Jul 2013Had pre-ordered this phone through flipkart and they failed to deliver it in 3 weeks, so cance... moreif u saw tht the earphn is red whrevr set u buy.. y did u bought it thn?? if on the 1st luk u saw the design is poor y did u go ahead.?? i guess the store didnt have nly nokia asha 501 was it..?? there were many models..u cud have choze any 1 of thn..1st to u buy this..thn whn this does satisfy ur DESIRE u dump it as dumpphn?? well if u r so big fandroid thn plz shun this set nd buy galaxy wd laggy operation nd battery nt evn lasting a day..this is nt for users lyk u..
Carol, 30 Jul 2013Everything you said there? Really? Nothing to complain about;). It is a very cheap phone, and ... morettly correct.. these ppl come here and find all sorts of faults wd everythng.. if they want an android y dont they galaxy star?? hah.. i have used it.. android yes.. 4.1 yes.. battery power sucks.. all i had to do was stuck my fone wd the charger whnevr whnted to do net..and so damn irritating whn hangs. i expect these ppl have nly thng is "expect too much".. if u want and mid range android.. well go 4 these craps.. we want hang-free internet..well if the swipe sucks thn plz guys dont buy it..
is that any tell me that is this phone will come with whatsapp in future ...if yes,then what about them who have taken in now because right now it dosent support whatsapp , or they will provide the whatsapp software which will be supported by it?????
not up to the hype, 30 Jul 2013Had pre-ordered this phone through flipkart and they failed to deliver it in 3 weeks, so cance... moreEverything you said there? Really? Nothing to complain about;). It is a very cheap phone, and the fact that does do allot things with a good material build + a new OS, 10+ for the price-tag. Just let it go, if you expected an android market in Nokia asha? Well, there isn't!
1. Wait, what? Covers, colors? So, you expected an chameleon button that change it self along with your cover? Didn't you saw everywhere in the presentation, or at least listen at what PEOPLE say, when they were doing a preview of the device pointing to it's "downside" of the design, for some(of course), being that damn button?
2. So, you wanted it to come with the Nokia purity HD by monster no? i know i know, we all know... blah blah blah. Just wondering if you get ANY headset's with the androids priced at this level?!!
3. What "other" brands we're talking about? Samsung?
4. This is not a music dedicated device. Second, you kind of ask to MUCH for premium functionality and pay 3 dollar. ja ja, we know, we know. We all KNOW! We all want that, No can do!
5. This is funny:)). So, why you bought it? The fact that the store is not full with 1 billion apps, is, was and will be written everywhere you are reading.
Second, you want a better music player, standalone youtube and internet radio??! Really now? Are you for real?:))) You're still dream about mid rage/high end devices with crapdroid on board.
6. This is the most nice thing in that device. The UI has changed and looks to GOOD for such a cheap phone.
7. No comment, would have been to rough.
It is an entry level future phone that sums up allot of smartphone functions. But that does not mean it is a premium device (even though it feels like) and does not mean that Nokia priced it like this to fool people into think they are buying android with 13 mpx camera's and 1 billion apps in store. Before you buy an entry level you know the limitations. if you did not know them, doesn't mean the device is bad. If you don't like, sell or give it back. if you don't have enough money to buy something more premium, then use it and keep quiet. At this price all you can get this: http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_e410-reviews-608.php.
i bought nokia asha 501 dual sim few days back only nd i got extremly disappointed when i tried downloading whatsapp n i came to know it does not support whatsapp. can anyone tell me when its goin to support whatsapp? l'm desperatly waiting for it :-( if anyone knows it then please ans my query tat whn its goin to support whatsapp. thankx
when will the update for nokia will come. .. does nokia officially declared about the update?
Had pre-ordered this phone through flipkart and they failed to deliver it in 3 weeks, so cancelled the order. Should have taken it as a sign for not to buy.. but as luck would have it went ahead and bought from the local shop.
After 1 week of using it..my feedback is 'what was Nokia thinking while designing this phone?'
There are many issues with the phone, design wise, operating system wise and GUI layout wise. I will try to list the shortcomings.
1) The case comes in number of colors and you can change the shell by buying additional back covers (Rs.450 each). However the button at the back would remain the original color. Poor design.
2) What ever the color of the phone, the headphone you get is fluorescent red. Sound quality is pathetic. Nokia wants you to spend another Rs.700 for a decent pair of headphone (WH - 208)
3) Sorry you cant use your favorite headphones (other brands).. the phone does not even detect them.
4) There is no support for A2DP, so no stereo bluetooth support... goodbye to your music listening experience. All smart phones now a days comes with A2DP.. point me one which doesn't
5) Software in the store is limited - no software present for internet radio or a better music/video player. No stand-alone youtube player as well.
6) Very awkard navigation and fast lane sucks. Nokia should immediately come up with an update for traditional touchscreen navigation menus.
7) Poor 3.2 MP camera. Even two year old phones with 3.2 MP cameras were better. I compared it with LG Optimus one and pictures taken through the old phone is much better quality than this.
Only good think about it is the battery life which is near about 3 days... otherwise a very mediocre phone. Anyone who is thinking of buying this as a smart phone.. save another thousand and buy the next standard android and trust me .. you wont be disappointed.
The only feeling you get on buying this is the sinking feeling of ~Rs.5K down the drain.
Guys tell me this phone, what colour i chosse for buy it- red/green. An it support wechat an line for dual sim. Plz tell me guys plz.,. I want 2 buy this phone. Plz anyone tell me yar?
ravisenu, 30 Jul 2013yeah it supports you tube videos and me too going to buy in my salary coming 2'nd aug yes it supports youtube
gunbi, 30 Jul 2013How to access memory card on 501 is der any file manger or my files like thing on asha 501in the menu u can see the icon files. Tap it will shows the phone memory and memory card
Praveen chauhan, 30 Jul 2013This phone supporting joikusoft or not?joikuspot?
bought this trendy phone recently. by far the best phone ever used in terms of operability. only issue is the low volume for the alarm. can anyone tell me how to increase it?