@Bharath, no, whatsapp does not work as of now on asha501, but nokia has committed that it will soon be compatible
Is it available with only one SIM card support I don't like to use dual sim phone
this phone is very good i purchase this phone yesterday the all thing in this phone is very good and value for money
Can any user of Nokia Asha 501 confirm me, whether we can install Whatsapp in this phone? Your reply will make me to go or not to go with this phone.
[deleted post]Be careful your phone software will get corrupt and it will load with viruses.Avoid these sites to save ur phone.
gopal pradhan, 29 Jul 2013this set no calculator.This Has a calculator pre-installed.
excellent phone with fine touch phone i change this phone from micromax canvas4a210
Had pre-ordered this phone through flipkart and they failed to deliver it in 3 weeks, so cancelled the order. Should have taken it as a sign for not to buy.. but as luck would have it went ahead and bought from the local shop.
After 1 week of using it..my feedback is 'what was Nokia thinking while designing this phone?'
There are many issues with the phone, design wise, operating system wise and GUI layout wise. I will try to list the shortcomings.
1) The case comes in number of colors and you can change the shell by buying additional back covers (Rs.450 each). However the button at the back would remain the original color. Poor design.
2) What ever the color of the phone, the headphone you get is fluorescent red. Sound quality is pathetic. Nokia wants you to spend another Rs.700 for a decent pair of headphone (WH - 208)
3) Sorry you cant use your favorite headphones (other brands).. the phone does not even detect them.
4) There is no support for A2DP, so no stereo bluetooth support... goodbye to your music listening experience. All smart phones now a days comes with A2DP.. point me one which doesn't
5) Software in the store is limited - no software present for internet radio or a better music/video player. No stand-alone youtube player as well.
6) Very awkard navigation and fast lane sucks. Nokia should immediately come up with an update for traditional touchscreen navigation menus.
7) Poor 3.2 MP camera. Even two year old phones with 3.2 MP cameras were better. I compared it with LG Optimus one and pictures taken through the old phone is much better quality than this.
Only good think about it is the battery life which is near about 3 days... otherwise a very mediocre phone. Anyone who is thinking of buying this as a smart phone.. save another thousand and buy the next standard android and trust me .. you wont be disappointed.
The only feeling you get on buying this is the sinking feeling of ~Rs.5K down the drain.
hey. If u want uninstall any application U press ur finger on this app some time then u can change app place or uninstall...
It is very good mobile. battery backup is best. And display is good.sound qaulity is better. Thank you nokia brand
Anurakta, 28 Jul 2013It supports 3G or not and is it a symbian set ? kindly anyone tell me.no it doesnt support............!
Dinesh, 29 Jul 2013no.. this handset is not support 3G,....Just wait.... In few mnths nokia asha will be coming with 3G nd better RAM