Been using it for about 2 weeks now
Things I love about it:
- great battery life- if strictly using it for sms or calling (1 hour per day) only without data running on the background, it can last up to 3-4 days; if not about 2 days
- great free java games (especially the 40 EA games) - old school but cool
-love the swipe gesture to close apps
Things I hope they will improve next update (which my 4 years old feature phone samsung dual sim active has)
- able to designate/personalized each caller with his/her ringtone for calls and sms
- louder speaker - sounds muffled when phone is put on soft coverings like cloth or bed
- auto focus on camera (maybe this is a hardware thingy?)
Would i recommend it? - yes for only its battery life, dual sim capabilities and free 40 EA java games
Don't buy it if looking for a smartphone like features of android or ios
I cant tune radio on my nokia asha 501 since I bought it......what to do???? please suggest me....I ordered it from flipcart.com
Hi, I am not getting any whatsapp and facebook msgs when the call is active. Is this the issue with my phone only or its not supported by this phone? Kindly revert.
norchi, 22 Dec 2013i bought it only to find that it uses micro sim cards which are not sold in zambia.let them ... moreIf it is mini sim u get the sim u were using in ur old phone take it ot airtel or mtn ok which ever network provider u use they will cut the sim ot the right size u welcome
Hi, is there any option not to reset call timer ? It has a monthly reset option and i don't like it..
A.D, 26 Dec 2013what about the next software update ?? I mean when will it come ?? any guesses ??Buddy, asha platform 1.1.1 has already arrived. Have u installed whatsapp??
what about the next software update ?? I mean when will it come ?? any guesses ??
Anyone having trouble with the internal memory getting reduced.... My phn's internal memory has been reduced to 20mb...
insaf, 24 Dec 2013is nokia 501 android or not, please let me know
ds is not android phone
its java phone only.
just buy samsung f you wnt awesme phone.
Sadi, 25 Dec 2013Is it support hd videos ? Plz replayYes it spport hd.
but blurred. not clear
This Nokia mobile is very good unless you have high demands regarding a phone.
I for one am very pleased with it and hope that one day even Skype will work :)