i love this phone. Its the top rated phone in the java series. Try it
The fone is sleeky and very nice but it just goes off unexpectedly.
Battery is good for 6 days, light usage with wifi mostly off. More than 2 days on heavy usage with wifi on in day and off at night, and easily lasts a full day on very heavy usage as well, wifi on.
Anonymous, 28 Feb 2013i want one of this is the screen big enoughNo. Read my party review below, there are the things is good for, for anything else (normal usage) it is one of the worst phones i ever had, i strongly suggest people get a cheap Android phone instead, like the Xperia E. Even Corps Tipo is a lightyear ahead of this one.
Dose this supports wifi hotspot?
Really looking for smallform traditional nokia with Wifi hotspot feature, all the rest of fetures is less important.
After my overly positive review of C3-01 as a party phone i feel like i should clarify a little... As a regular phone for day to day use this is NOT a good phone, its very hard to use and totally lacks the efficiency of a full touch smartphone. If you are looking into this as your ONLY phone then i strongly advice against it, you better look at low end android like Xperia E. I have used Xperia Tipo and while it clearly feels like a cheap android phone it is a hundred times better than C3-01 and it cost approximately the same.
Micro SIM adapters, be careful with this phone, they easily get stuck (as they do in many Nokia phones). NEVER insert an adapter without the microsim in it, even with sim in place it can get stuck. Lucky tis phone has some soft plastic above the sim, you can press down on the plastic while pulling and it will come out.
If only the adapter get stuck inside you need to pull it out slightly and force the microsim into the adapter while its still inside the phone, then push down on the plastic above the sim and pull the adapter and microsim out together. Forcing the adapter out will result in broken pins and then the phone is very destroyed.
I have one now! Its my new additional party phone for photos and music, and its perfect for the usage. I dont like to sacrifice my high end Android for party, i dont like my friends to use my main phone to take party photos and play MP3s, thats where teh C3-01 comes in.
My partyphone review:
1. Build: Party phones must be solid, the C3-01 is mostly metal so ots good. It does not handle wet and dust but should survive a year i hope.
2. Camera, need only medium quality, and fixed focus is actually often advantage for quick shots in low light. Lots of photos like these from most autofocus phones will come out blurry due to slow focusing combined with drunk people. C3-01 is very good here, but color reproduction is far below medium, i would have wanted some more.
3. LED Flash, very important to have, and almost equally important is it that the flash dont fire too early, as it did on my N900, and also partly on my N85. A flash that fires too early in the dark will capture persons in the photo with closed eyes if they are somewhat close to the camera, which they usually are (LED flashes dont work well at long distance anyway). This does NOT happen with the C3-01. Very good.
4. Battery, must last the night, preferably the moring, with both MP3 on the loudspeaker and photos. Battery is good for all feauture phones, the C3-01 is not among the best but more than good enough compared to modern smartphones.
5. Loudspeaker must be loud, and the C3-01 is loud with ok quality but not great.
6. Connectivity, with both Wifi and 3G this can be used for a little youtube, not great display to watch it on but much better than nothing.
7. Dedicated camera button is great for this use.
8. Flashlight, i like the shortcut on the * key, very convenient to know its there.
Verdict: Best party phone from Nokia, love the metal, but it cant beat the Sony Ericsson Elm for the quality and durability, and the Elm has a much much better camera. Unfortunately Elm is hard to find and its kinda expensive if you can find one.
wajid, 24 Feb 2013its very good phoneit is very good and nice pic on nokia phones .i like at
i was using this phone for 1,5 year, and it start to not working correctly. It looses signal, displays a massage that it can't log to the network, you've got to turn it off and on again, and some time later e.g. 1 h it starts again. i lost intrest in nokia, next phone will be samsung i quess.
All right!!! its a fantastic phone but how can I create or make my own either themes,applications,wapsite and others by using my nokia c3-01????
Hi im from ashia.im using this phone sins 1year but its still good.the touch is very good.not like 5800 or outhr tft touch phone its so good and superb internet.but its so xpesiv and no second marcket. If u bye for 50$ u whant 2 sell 4 only 15$.4 me its a best phone.if u going for a anroid phone by sony tipo its good and cheeper tk u...
arjan, netherlands, 15 Feb 2013I do owe the c3.01.5 and its a well build phone. I have it for more than 1 year and it has dro... moreReally, no plastic Pieces Came off yet? My Nokia phones always had missing pieces or something Brown even if never dropped. The N900 excluded, it was durable with a durable plastic, not crisp brittle plastic like other Nokias.
Did you take photos up close to the face with flash in almost total darkness, will people's eyes be closed on the resulting photos? This has been a problem in all Nokia phones i had, the flash fires to early. I am almost sure i will buy c3-01.5 for a secondary "party phone" but many of my party pics are taken in the dark with flash. Please test this for me if you can.