I had this phone for one day. One word. Awful. Cheap very light weight feel generally solid build although if you look closer you can see horrible gaps around the sides of the phone. Screen is slightly blurry,camera ok not bad but nothing special. Dust particles uner screen after one day returned it to O2 store the day after swapped for Sony Ericsson Elm
juz a quick question, C5 or 5800 Music express? which one is better in overall quality?
kayc, 31 Aug 2010Difference is talk time. 2 hrs for you,15 min for me.But browzng also uses hel lot of battery ...and youtube also
I bought C5 for Rs7900/- Coimbatore,
1. Good GPS system with voice guided nav sys,
2. 3G very fast compared to E63
3. Loads of application for the price, gr8 VFM
4. Very good Battery, lasts for 3days with average use of 2+hrs 0f talk-time, some browsing, gps and 1 t0 2 hrs of music. It matches the E series. This is mainly due to the screen, I don't think it consumes any power.
5. Very robust build n very good keypad.
6. Very good audio quality when used with other head phones, im using Senheisser cx-400, but sound not that loud.
1. 2.2 Screen really is a letdown, not only its small, its sunlight legibility is pathetic. Even a good browser is useless with this type of screen.
2. Lack of wifi-not a major letdown since it has 3G
3. Its a personal thing, the right selection key is inconvenient to use, often hitting the C button.
4. USB cable is too short. Is this part of the cost cutting program.
5. Ear phone supplied is pathetic.
Anonymous, 31 Aug 2010wat do u mean by crash......plz xplain....sigh. just search the forum for crash....
[deleted post]We should actually encourage honest comparison between phones. This is a user-forum, not a company forum where comparisons with other models/brands are banned.
[deleted post]Latest software (32.010) has fixes to
- facebook app
- web browser
- hang/crash problems
- music player (fixes embedded artwork)
But it has these bugs:
- sound volumes goes low
So if you don't need any of the fixes, my recommendation is to not update.
[deleted post]Re 2, to hide calendar entries from main screen, go to Menu > Settings > Settings > General > Personalisation > Standby Mode > Home screen applications, and there uncheck Calendar
Gourav Bhardwaj, 31 Aug 2010Helo friendz, any one tel me, how 2 silent camera sound?
guys once and for all i would like to inform you that none of the symbian nokia phones has an option to silent the camera sound. if you are looking for something go for s40 phones and forget about symbian.
Helo friendz, any one tel me, how 2 silent camera sound?
I am Nokia C5 user from last 2 months. What are the advantages if I upgrade latest software?
I have two questions:
1) How to hide photo ID from contract list while searching names in contract list? Because it cannot show full name.
2) How to hide Calender Entry from main display?
Thanks & Regards,
abhi, 31 Aug 2010Don't mislead others.
SE c510 has a front videocalling camera and it has dual led flash.
I d... morec510's cam
era is better than c5's but absence of gps/navigation makes it a non competitor
I own C5 on 25th aug, initially it is good looking all require fetaures but after two days its started hanging as all nokia phones. Now its dead and lying with Nokia care center. My all opinion now change about the nokia. All parts imported from china. No quality checks neither tested. My all faith for nokia just gone as within five days if your brand new phone got dead.... u can imagine the situatuions. I will suggest the propective buyers please don't buy this phone at this stage wait for some hardware correction than go for it.
Umm can anyone tell me how to move my apps to the memory card on this phone??,..
Anonymous, 31 Aug 2010
those who are saying that the sunlight legibility of this phone is good they are lyeing...be... moreI agree sunlight visibility is bad but it's not unusable, and I don't think gsmarena is misleading.
Maybe they reviewed it in a country where the sun is quite low (higher latitudes). But in the subcontinent, the sun is at the zenith for a longer time, which makes it worse with C5's screen.
Some workarounds are to use the 'light theme' instead of default 'nokia theme' and turn up the brightness.
If you are an outdoors user, see before buying. If you use it mostly indoors, it shouldn't affect your buying decision.