Anonymous, 20 Aug 2011To everyone updating, updating via OTA seems to be the easiest, quickest and most reliable way... moredear Anonymous
thanks alot for your comments
but could you tell me honsetly do i download this anna update? beacuse i read about alot of users with lots of problems with their cellphones after updating to anna
Regarding your 1st comment about Split screen,do you mean that while writing a message i won't be able find the split screen & Do i relly lose arabic language? do i also lose having access to arabic site?
sorry to buzzer you but am confused about updating so i need an expert opinion
Anonymous, 20 Aug 2011hold down unlock slide key for 3 sec until vibrate, u also can download flashlight extreme fro... morehey, by holding the sidekey for 3 secs will enable thw flash light man. I dont see the sense here
Anku, 20 Aug 2011I bought dis fon last week. I have some problm. Sometimes msgs come by contacts name but sumti... morehold down unlock slide key for 3 sec until vibrate, u also can download flashlight extreme from ovi store.
By press *#0000# all information will reply, go to option and choose check for up date.
U also must try download SPB mobile shell from mobile9 or symbianfan.com, u will love ur phone more.
Anonymous, 20 Aug 2011If can't open ovi store after update to symbian anna, u may try download back ovi store instal... moretried to download the ovi store from symbianfan.com and still the same. My ovi store is not loading. Ive waited like more than 30 minutes, and still the same.. Any other resolutions for this one?
vikas r, 20 Aug 2011you know fm transmitter useopen user guide by select menu & option. Choose music and audio and go to about fm transmitter.
Last night Ive updated my C7 to symbian Anna through nokia software updater , many problems appeared after the update , the most serious of those is the loss of arabic language , now , I cant text in arabic , cant brows tha arabic websites , cant add new contacts in arabic .
Any ideas about the reason and how to solve this problem
Anku, 20 Aug 2011I bought dis fon last week. I have some problm. Sometimes msgs come by contacts name but sumti... more1) that is normal, by upgrading ur SW the problem will solve by it self.
2) to use flash u need to slide the side lock lever for around 5 sec, or u can download 'think flash' from ovi, it will save u the hassle from always using the side lock.
3) yes...the speaker grill only work 1 side only.
4) u can upgrade ur SW to anna and it's already available
Brix, 20 Aug 2011Anonymous: plz answer this.. If you upgrade your c7 , you will not open your ovi store anym0re?It is not necessarily true. My C7 works very well with OVI Store. The main concern is that There is no Split-Screen Text Input View after the phone is updated to Symbian Anna.
Anonymous, 20 Aug 2011After update to symbian Anna, my C7 can't open Ovi store. If can't open ovi store after update to symbian anna, u may try download back ovi store installer v2.12(42) for s^3 s^Anna signed (QT) from symbianfan.com
plz answer this..
If you upgrade your c7 , you will not open your ovi store anym0re?
In my c7 only one speaker works, can anyone tell me that the both speakers work or not?
I bought dis fon last week. I have some problm. Sometimes msgs come by contacts name but sumtimes it comes by numbet not by the saved name. Please tell me the solution of dis problem. Because every time, i check the number from contacts. N also please tell me how can i use the flash as torch light?
Is anna available? How can I update to anna?
Addendum : The link I posted was for the video player with subtitles. Look at Borat's post first..scroll down to see it : Link : http://www.gsmarena.com/newscomm-3018p7.php
To everyone updating, updating via OTA seems to be the easiest, quickest and most reliable way of doing it. After it finishes, check for updates again and install the remaining updates. It takes a while, resist the urge to cancel it when you think nothing's happening. It will finish eventually. There are a few glitches and you may get "1 update failed" a few times. No problem. Just do it again, will finish finally.
A few notes :
1.Split screen swype is still not working. If you disable swype, split screen portrait QWERTY will be enabled. This doesnt work in all apps, eg OVI store. Works for messages though.
2. For me, all apps work as they did previously. MS Communicator is added, Quickoffice and Adobe reader are retained.
3. You may need to update some of the old nokia apps like Social, Ovi Store and IM for nokia (Nokia Chat). When updated, they appear with the new Anna icons.
4. System wide fonts become Nokia Pure.
5. Subtitle support in the video player disappears. If you want that enabled, follow this post by Borat in the comments section of the Anna update on the GSMArena home page to re enable it , Link is : http://www.4shared.com/get/LP2dRdiW/VideoPlayer_0x200159B2_v92362_.html
6. NFC gets enabled by default, turn it off in settings.
7. You have the option in updates to download Angry Birds Magic which is an NFC enabled game.
8. All your old apps if arranged in folders earlier, will all be placed in the Application folder. Old folders you had created prior to update will be deleted. You have to recreate those.
9. Free Memory on C: drive decreases by about 50 MB on average.
10. Camera gets a slightly updated interface.
11. Browser is faster but not very much improved from the previous version.
12. System seems faster although my C7 crashed 3 times while I was rearranging applications. That has never happened to me earlier.
These are some of the major changes. Enjoy your updated C7.
drakula, 20 Aug 2011well ive tried waiting for 30 minutes, but still the same. OVi is not loading. There are a lot... moreyeah jst update via inbuilt software update or jst dial *#0000#->check for update. I hv updated it with my phones 3G with in 5min its abt 25 MB file