Addendum : The link I posted was for the video player with subtitles. Look at Borat's post first..scroll down to see it : Link : http://www.gsmarena.com/newscomm-3018p7.php
To everyone updating, updating via OTA seems to be the easiest, quickest and most reliable way of doing it. After it finishes, check for updates again and install the remaining updates. It takes a while, resist the urge to cancel it when you think nothing's happening. It will finish eventually. There are a few glitches and you may get "1 update failed" a few times. No problem. Just do it again, will finish finally.
A few notes :
1.Split screen swype is still not working. If you disable swype, split screen portrait QWERTY will be enabled. This doesnt work in all apps, eg OVI store. Works for messages though.
2. For me, all apps work as they did previously. MS Communicator is added, Quickoffice and Adobe reader are retained.
3. You may need to update some of the old nokia apps like Social, Ovi Store and IM for nokia (Nokia Chat). When updated, they appear with the new Anna icons.
4. System wide fonts become Nokia Pure.
5. Subtitle support in the video player disappears. If you want that enabled, follow this post by Borat in the comments section of the Anna update on the GSMArena home page to re enable it , Link is : http://www.4shared.com/get/LP2dRdiW/VideoPlayer_0x200159B2_v92362_.html
6. NFC gets enabled by default, turn it off in settings.
7. You have the option in updates to download Angry Birds Magic which is an NFC enabled game.
8. All your old apps if arranged in folders earlier, will all be placed in the Application folder. Old folders you had created prior to update will be deleted. You have to recreate those.
9. Free Memory on C: drive decreases by about 50 MB on average.
10. Camera gets a slightly updated interface.
11. Browser is faster but not very much improved from the previous version.
12. System seems faster although my C7 crashed 3 times while I was rearranging applications. That has never happened to me earlier.
These are some of the major changes. Enjoy your updated C7.
drakula, 20 Aug 2011well ive tried waiting for 30 minutes, but still the same. OVi is not loading. There are a lot... moreyeah jst update via inbuilt software update or jst dial *#0000#->check for update. I hv updated it with my phones 3G with in 5min its abt 25 MB file
Anonymous, 19 Aug 2011OVI store is not as smooth as the Android market or Apple's App Store. When you start it up, i... morewell ive tried waiting for 30 minutes, but still the same. OVi is not loading. There are a lot of glitches for anna update!
RAZGRIZ, 19 Aug 2011Hey Guy'z I'm Going To Buy c7 Can Any Of U Tell Me What Games Do I Get With This Mobile???it has got climate mission and ovi maps challenge with it...thy r quite boring.....
sid, 19 Aug 2011Hi guys......how can i update my C7 to Anna....i mean from which website.. please reply waitin... morego to menu then click on application from that go to tools and then there is a written s/w update u click it the list will b refresh then the 4 things will download and install after intalation it will ask u to restart the pfone u give ok to that...... ur cell will b restart and will update ...............then u will b havin anna
Anonymous, 20 Aug 2011I read in some blog that you cant update it if you've already flashed the beta anna..the only ... moreand also tell me what is the steps of flashing it through phoenix.. i m downloading official anna files from NAVIFIRM.. waiting for ur reply...
Anonymous, 20 Aug 2011I read in some blog that you cant update it if you've already flashed the beta anna..the only ... moreplease tell me how can i downgrade my phone to pr1.2.. please please.. m very scared, please help me out.
AnonD-2816, 19 Aug 2011my c7 was having hacked anna firmware.... now its showing the original update but cant able to... moreI read in some blog that you cant update it if you've already flashed the beta anna..the only thing you can do is reflash with the PR 1.2 update and the update to Anna, or flash with the official anna update when its available, but I've heard that it wont work with Ovi suite update..have you tried OTA?
AnonD-18527, 19 Aug 2011hey guys pls help.. before updating my c7 to symbian anna my c7's phone(c) memory was 351 MB. ... moreThe Memory difference is cos of the update..nothing to worry about. Mine is the same as yours.
Hi guys......how can i update my C7 to Anna....i mean from which website.. please reply waiting for your reply
raj, 14 Aug 2011I am using nokia c7, but not able to open Menu-->Settings and Connectivity-->Settings. W... morei m using nokia c7 but i cant open menue ...but after reboot the phone its start open the menue ... but after 4 5 hours its again when i press menue buttton nothing open
please tell me what is the soloution