please help me to decide between c7 and galaxy sl ! which phone is better to buy?
MMM, 10 Jul 2011Q: Do you need to have the hands free device plugged in to use the FM Transmitter? Also how's ... morenokia c6-01 has no match,its an awesome n small sized phone,so in this regard c6 is far btr thn c7,bt if u go 4 resale...dnt thnk of anythng,go straight n buy a new c7!
realy a awesome phone friends... Speed of internet and the display everybody will attracts towards it.. Try it..
MMM, 10 Jul 2011Q: Do you need to have the hands free device plugged in to use the FM Transmitter? Also how's ... morethe c7 is a amazing phone the fm transmitter is built in,so no need for additional handsfree or watsoever just run the fm transmitter thru c7 phone then walla just search the frequency it is transmitting...
Q: Do you need to have the hands free device plugged in to use the FM Transmitter? Also how's the quality, if somebody has tried it already?
I cant decide between this one and C6-01. Money is not an issue, just hard to find phone that I like. One too big, one too tick, etc. I'm still using Nokia E51.
What I want is small phone that works flawlessly, easy to use, and that has decent WiFi and good internet browser. I'm still with Opera Mini on my E51, kinda slow but cant complain too much, works OK.
can you please help me decide what to buy between nokia c7 and sony ericsson u-1..tnx guys
AnonD-2610, 08 Jul 2011Hi everybody please someone tell me about mkv file pla but not sounde.way pls tell meThe MKV file you're playing probably has AC-3 (dolby) sound. C7 does not support dolby.
If anyone is getting 5-6 hours of battery life then the problem is probably the way you use it, not the phone itself. I know that 1200 mAH battery isn't top of the line but you can get about 2 days of battery life if you follow some simple instructions.
As Maverick75 have said, use a dark background and/or a dark theme and don't set the brightness any higher than 50%. They make a huge difference on LED phones. They're the biggest factors in battery usage.
Also read this article. It applies to C7 too:
GOD1ST, 10 Jul 2011u guyz should take my word pls go for Nokia E6 dat phone it so awesome. to be honest, better save those money to buy either the new replacement for C7 (i.e comes with symbian Belle+ 1Ghz proc), Nokia Sea Ray or N9, either way it's good to save up just a little more.
AnonD-8002, 10 Jul 2011is java applications working in NOKIA C7?Yes they do.
To everyone here regarding battery life of the C7, will just share my experience :
1) Using a dark/black theme with high contrast will significantly improve battery life.
2) Turn your screen brightness to as low as possible. This may cause difficulties outdoor in bright sunlight though. Disabling animations and other effects has a minimal effect on battery life, personally i have them enabled cos i like the User experience with them on.
3) Turn off 3G/Wifi when you dont need it. While this may seem simple, in my experience it increases battery life upto half a day, and that's significant.
4) Locking/turning off the screen while using the music player will increase battery life.
5) Setting the power saving mode to "On" will increase battery life by 12 hours or so, but significantly degrades the user experience (no haptic feedback or 3G), but it works.
6) Try to let ur phone's battery run down at least once a month and charge it to full following that. Try to charge your phone only once the battery is two bars or below if possible (prolongs battery longevity but not life)
7) Reboot your phone once every 3 -4 days or atleast once a week. In my experience a lot of processes seem to be running in the background after a few days of use, causing some memory drop and lags. You will be improving the phone's performance and battery life by rebooting/refreshing processes.
8) I find that the biggest battery consumers are games, videos, GPS,browsing with 3G/Wifi, screen on unnecessarily and music playing, in that order. Minimize those when you can and you save some power.
Try the black theme with high contrast (eg Jet Black symbian 5th)..it makes a big difference.
My average batter life on the C7 with normal use (a mix of browsing, music and gaming with not so much videos and 15-20 mins calls and a dozen texts) gives me 36 hours or so of battery life, and I'm happy with that. Cheers!!
I set a password to prevent access to the mobile phone and the memory card, but later I forgot it. Is there any chance I can access all the contact numbers, messages, pictures and clips alrerady saved and stored?
u guyz should take my word pls go for Nokia E6 dat phone it so awesome.
waste of money battry life very poor,shuld ve gone 4 c6, has any body upgraded 2 symbian ana
really? my c7 works for 2 days music player +bluetooth headset bh-503 + sms + wifi using browser opera
Raj, 09 Jul 2011Can anyone tell me what is actule battery backup of c7. I am confused it's batterylife.because... moreyes battery is too bad....i have this phone...after i used browser + Music player+ sms, battery work only 5 - 6 hours..only......
but after all the phone is awesome...