to kiss..i got my phone with just PR 1.0..i updated it but up to now it still restarts..how about your battery life?..does it last for 2 days after 1.1?
When i try to connect via WLAN in my office, it shows "authentication failed." There is no pop-up asking for Username/Password. Where would i find the setting for these?
AnonD-3360, 13 Mar 2011One problem-when i hold lock key flashlight turns on... how to disable that key? cos whenever ... moreHey ,, when flash light gets on, just go to the camera mode ,,and clik normal photo,,,, flish light will go out
mj23, 13 Mar 2011 ..just got my new c7..but there seems to be a problem..in a course of a day i get about a min... morehi im also from the phil., i download my applications in ovi store its free and fast, had my c7 for 2 wiks and so far never encounter restarting problems, just have one question, did u get ur fone already updated to PR1.1 bec mine does, just thinking if my husband didnt get it brandnew, bec i supposed im going to update it... Thx in advance...
I m using C7.... its quick office is not working.. everytime i open application, it ask for purchase... how to use office without facing any problem on C7...
Neil , 13 Mar 2011Can You Please Suggest any Useful Applications that you have installed in your C7.I've put quite a few apps, but I'll just tell you a few i consider most nifty :
1.Tunewiki music player: Nice internet based alternative music player with lyrics display and album art
2.Music stopper : lets you stop the music player(or other apps) after a predetermined interval
3. Soundhound/Shazam : Similar to the iphone apps of the same name, I use them mainly to ID music.
4. Xenozu player : For youtube
5. Mobiola web cam/epoc web cam
6.SPB mobile shell/V Home/N desk/9 Grid : For a radical home page interface
7. Screencapture/screensnap : for screenshots
8. Pocket lock : really useful autolock
9. Advanced device locks : just to secure apps if someone else also uses ur phone
10. Vlingo : voice search (requires internet for some searches)
11. Mazelock : Additional lock screen security
12. Opera Mobile/Mini/UC Browser : Alternative web browser
13. IM+/ebuddy/Nimbuzz : IM apps
14. Handy Wi : Mobile hotspot functionality
15. Facebook/Gravity for twitter/snaptu : For the obvious :)
16. Compass/Paper compass : Compass functionality
17. Wikitude/Layar : Interesting augmented reality. (Be warned, Layar has issues with Bubbles)
18. Kayak/Tripadvisor : Travel apps similar to the iphone apps of the same name
19. Nokia Situations (Beta)
20. Sports Tracker : Old favorite symbian apps to track your sport/exercise routines
21. Dorian/Albite reader : Epub ebook reader
22. X- plore : Excellent file browser
23. SmartGuard/smart gallery : Secures your messages/media files
24. Mobiwitch remote/ Doktu : To send files/control Pc apps via bluetooth/wifi respectively
25. Best Taskman/ Handy Taskman : Task Manager
26. Best Blacklist : selective call blocker
27. Best Crypto : Secures any info you might want to secure
28. Best message storer : stores/backs up your messages
29. Best call recorder : records calls
30. Ting! : Full screen caller
31. Incallert (S60v5,works for me): Minute minder beep app.
32 . Best private conversation : Hides any trace of sms/calls and records from any selected number and passwords it.
One thing I like about symbian is that even though it has a lesser number of apps as compared to android/iOS,the apps available are pretty useful.There are thousands more software out there, which you will discover. This is just to get you started, I hope others will mention their favorite apps here as well. Cheers.
AnonD-3360, 13 Mar 2011One problem-when i hold lock key flashlight turns on... how to disable that key? cos whenever ... moreYou can disable that by activating power saving mode..thats by touching the battery icon and selecting "activate power saving" , which will disable the flashlight (but also put into effect a lot of other power savers). As far as i know there is no setting for the flashlight, its a "hidden" talent of the C7. If you cant prevent the lock switch from getting stuck when you put it into the pouch, then activating power saving before putting it into the pouch seems to be your option. Anyone else has any ideas?
One problem-when i hold lock key flashlight turns on... how to disable that key? cos whenever i put c7 in my pouch lock key gets pressed... plz Help:....
AnonD-542, 13 Mar 2011Exactly. But its not true that nokia copied album flow from apple. Nokia was the first to intr... moreYes..the gallery in earlier symbians was something like a carousel view..and I too prefer the C7's cover flow to apple's..for one its kinetic scrolling is much better, not short and jerky like apple's, and the bar at the bottom and the 'flow' of the cover art itself is much nicer. A real positive.
Which color of Nokia c7 is the best.Most people say the frostly metal is good.Another thing which c7 is better 1.made in Finland, 2. Made in Hungary' 3.Made in Korea or 4 .made in china.
As far i know the best one is finland made and the second is hungary made.
Pls suggest the color and the manufacturing place.
C7 very nice phone , but make sure if you by that it is a genuine Nokia C7. I almost bought a fake phone.
hey buddys n8 costs slightly higher & doesn't have video light.go for c7,8mpx wth video light,jst go for it,xtremely powerful.rs. 18000.U can say the just d brother of n8.
I bought the C7 last month. It's really a good phone... It's really a brilliant phone... It's got everything you want....
The only disadvantages are the sound of the external speaker when playing music is relatively low with hi treble and the screen really gets dirty by fingerprints easily... besides these 2 disadvantages, it's a great phone that i recommend to anyone
Want to know disadvantages/the parts you hate, read on:
1. Your a very bad boy for "restarting/turning-on" the phone.
If you try, hook the phone up to a nuclear power plant & wait 2 mins till it usable.
Now, just watch & suffer at the battery drop...you just feel so cheated and used.
HENCE, don't restart, keep the POWER, there isn't any errors on the phone that dont fix themselves.
2. The web browser sucks. its horrible. but your all sweet, go download Opera and it works as fast,easy,simple and flexible as chromium development builds on PC.
3. Because it lasts so long, you want it to last longer and its just not enough for u as it feels like it stays on forever, and you&your friends have gamed on it for 9hrs whilst you made calls and sms randomly between the breaks.You can't go back to other phones with crap battery life. Your stuffed.
AnonD-2572, 12 Mar 2011For disadvantages, just read Rahul's post below. Its main advantages are its stability and ... moreCan You Please Suggest any Useful Applications that you have installed in your C7.