harzyz, 21 Feb 2011I bought Nokia E5 last month and experiencing hannging problem......any solution......Update ur phone's firmware using ovi suite. It improves performances.
I bought Nokia E5 last month and experiencing hannging problem......any solution......
Why i LOVE my Nokia E5.
-With 256MB of RAM and 600MHz processor speed, the Nokia E5 has been tagged the Multi-tasking Monster. Today, i ran a test,opening ALL the applications on my phone, i.e Calculator,RF 2011,RFM 2011,Converter,Web,Intranet,Settings,Calendar,Log,Maps,Camera,Music Player,Video Center,Shazam,Ovi Music,Radio,Opera Mini 4.2,Bolt,Netqin Anti Virus,Bloomberg,File Manager,AP Mobile,Traveler,Adobe Reader... Etc... 1 about 83 apps in all, and not even a hiccup.
- I like it that i can get to use my normal PC keyboard shortcuts on this bad boy, i.e Ctrl+A = Select all, Cntrl+X= Cut, Ctrl+C= Copy, Ctrl+V = Paste. Even when i need to highlight just a few letters or words,all i have to do is hold down the shift key and then use my navigation keys. Also if u need to in sert an accent, like this 'â' for example or this 'ô', all i have to do is hold my 'sym' key down then press the letter of the accent. I.e Sym+A= â or Sym+O= ô. Tap continuosly to get the one you want.
3. Battery Life
- WoW!!! Never seen anything like the Nokia E5, when it comes to battery life. Can stay upto 2days on full charge with Medium - Heavy Usage. Talk time on 3G is 5hrs 30mins, 2G is 12hrs 30mins while on standby, an amazing 705 hrs (29 days)! Always COMPLETELY discharge your battery in every 15-20 times you charge for longer battery life span. (This also helps your battery indicator to become more accurate).
- Keyboard... Sleek, Screen... Sweet, And the mixture of both steel and Plastic, iLike!
- With all the features, at $210, this is a STEAL!!! Lol.
6. Finally the Nokia E5 adds to ur personality on the whole!
I also like it that the USB charges the phone.
Go for an E5! Neglect all Negative comments and just go for it!
tavzz, 21 Feb 2011Im recently experiencing occasional hangs on this phone, I still like anyway. Maybe time to up... moreWhat firmware are u running on now. I'd advice u upgrade to v042.014. It improves performance, and it think make more RAM available for usage..
-Posted using Nokia E5 v042.014
SmartphonFreakKARTIK, 21 Feb 2011hey stanley........ r the keyboard and screen of E5 as gud as nokia e63,e71......gsmarena revi... moreE5 Keyboard is classy! On the whole,the complete design is SUPERB!!! Way better than E71 and E63. And i'm not saying these because i own 1, Its quite obvious the difference in design!
It is surprising that company is clamming 600 MHz CPU & giving 192 MHZ, which means it will hang a lot ....& slow also if it is so I am not buying it, can anyone update on this???????
Bob, 18 Feb 2011Hi..I have purchased E5 phone. Definitely it is good mobile in all the aspects, but the clarit... moreE5 has a fixed focus camera. Images tend to get a bit more sharp. And do not take images from too close distance. They're sure to be blurry. And remember to remove the protective film from over the camera lens before using.
munir, 18 Feb 2011yesterday i brought one e5. so far nice. but one problem, i cant update my software and ovi ma... moreYou can install the old Nokia PC Suite. Then download the Nokia Software uploader and then it'll do the rest.
Rajendra, 18 Feb 2011How GPS works ? Do we require to request additional service from Network provider ?Install Google Maps and use it instead of the built in GPS software. google maps is much better and more user friendly.
Blaze, 21 Feb 2011From all i have been reading,E5 is gud,but is it better than E72.can e72 update firmware 2 d l... moreYes, it has push mail - free
Yes, It has multitasking
But the camera is not as good as N73. Its much faster than n73 though.
There is always a difference between E series and N series. They cater to two different segments.
my question is that why it doesnt have a secondary camera for video calling all other models of nokia are having this feature like the e71&72 or there is any device that we can connect and make a video call after all it has 3G network.
It's a great phone. i bought it on 1st of Feb and enjoying its features. camera quality is very good if the flesh is off. The speed dial system is also very good. you can select pictures that will appear on the screen and use the contact as spead dial...
over all its a good phone and very handy.
its slick in comparison to N 71 & 63.
Hi! I just bought my E5 unit yesterday. I being told that E5 GPS is the A-GPS and there will be charges incurred when I use the Ovi Maps. Is this true? Could anyone advice me?
How long does the battery of this Phone last ?? Mine last for hardly 2 days.. I bought this phone on last tuesday on 16/2/11.. Is it a concern for worry?? I put my phone on low display light,activated power saver.. I have no idea abt the batt back up.. Please help...
From all i have been reading,E5 is gud,but is it better than E72.can e72 update firmware 2 d latest? Does e5 push mail?does it have a home key button?(multitask). Is it better than my n73?pls i need honest and prompt answers
sunnymie. Pls, i can't open my community, pls kindly open it for me. I can't use any other product, is only E5 it very interesting