It is a good phone.best option among the nokia phones.the screen is very big.its looking good
has anyone tried using a stereo bluetooth device on the E50? does it support that feature? comments please.
Had this phone for about two years and I was very satisfied. I love the design and it's very solid. Some things that might be useful to know when you're thinking about buying this phone.
- The joystick is kind of pointy. First it kind of hurt my thumb after using it a lot. That only lasted for a few days, after that I never really noticed it anymore.
- The buttons are all relatively small. You tend to press them with your nail or the tip of your thumb, but that's not necessary. You can use your full thumb and although it seems like your pressing 4 buttons at once, you'll always hit the right one. Just takes getting used to. The feel of the buttons (the pressing itself) is good and solid, so blind typing is easy enough. The menu can C buttons are a bit too small to press with your full thumb though.
- The on/off button on top is hard to press. It's covered by rubber, and is placed low in the phone, so you need to press it hard which can be annoying when you want to change the profile quickly (using the on/off button - Nokia feature).
- The battery cover feels like it's made of an old tin can. It also scratches easily after normal use (in pocket, keys, etc), but it's not really noticable.
- Battery life is normal. Minimal use: 5 days. A lot of calling: 2-3 days at most.
- Great design and feels good and solid in your hand
- Screen is very nice, vibrant looking
- Many (free) themes available. I advice the various coloured "Dots" themes (use google). Switch the color once in a while and it feels like you have a completely new phone.
- Screen is great for using the calendar. Month, week or day view all look very good. On the main screen is an overview of upcoming events of the day.
- Good syncing possibilities of both addressbook as the calendar (Windows supported, OS X 10.4 supported with iSync plugin, OS X 10.5 has native iSync support)
- Easy bluetooth transfer and device (accessoires) support is good overall
- Sound quality is good. The speaker is great. Also for music. It sounds a bit hollow of course, but compared to many other phones, the speaker quality stands out.
- Charges *really* fast. Takes about 50 minutes. Maybe that's normal nowadays, but I still think it's really fast.
- Nokia Symbian software is slow, noticably. Loading message inbox e.g. or a new message window takes a while. You get used to it, but it's really annoying when you need to enter or look up something quickly. Firmware updates didn't really speed up the phone for me over the years.
- Media player (music/video) not great. It didn't really have a nice media browser as far as I could tell. It all just didn't work that great for me. But there's a lot of software available for Symbian. Maybe there's a better player out there — never looked for it myself. It does show the music your playing on the main screen though, so you can get back to it quickly.
- Mono headset in package, and not that great. Good enough for making calls, but not for listening to music. Doens't really fit comfortably in your ear, so if you want to use this as a music player, buy a good headset.
- Bad camera, don't expect anything of this. Only when you're outside with a lot of sun you might be able to take a decent picture. But inside it's all crap. Videos are even worse, you can't make out anything. So if this is something you care about, try a newer phone. Or buy a real camera ;) .
Great looking and solid phone which served me very well for two years. Still in top condition after that time, but I wanted something new :) Even though I dropped it a few times it never froze up on my, never crashed, very stable and user friendly software — albeit a bit slow.
Great to use as your daily calendar and for notes. Calling quality is great, also on speaker. Plays music very well, although you might want to buy a better headset than the standard one, and maybe find a better media player. You're able to use a microSD card, so enough space for a lot of albums.
Don't expect anything from the camera. Good enough to take a quick picture or someone for the address book, but that's about it.
Although it's already a few years old, I still think this is one of the best looking Nokia phones out there, and it's a great phone to have.
umartharagan shahib, 11 Aug 2008Worst phone... poor battery backup,mono headset,ugly back side design,too weight,worst softwar... morewell mate, i opened a pdf file of 70 mb size in htis phone. actually it's the fault of the mobile adobe reader. for larger pdf files, u need to buy 3rd part softs. search them in net.
zain, 26 Aug 2008Can any body plss pls tell me How good this phone is for the following uses: 1) music listeni... morewell, for the music part, i donno, maybe stereo headphones might improve a bit but dont expect anything like SE walkman quality. for casual listening i'd say good. i dont watch movies in it but i think u can watch them in full screen. abt games, yeah, currently have around 50 games (java and symbian both) in my set. working fine. except that it doesn't support ngage 2 games. but as a symbian set for a low-medium price range, i'd say more than very good
Can any body plss pls tell me How good this phone is for the following uses:
1) music listening if i buy a stereo headset
2) watching videos on full screen
3) installing video games and playing them.
plss tell me about its display and how big is it. Thanks
francis , 12 Aug 2008I am really facinated by the rewiews of the users and having certain queries. Is it available ... moreI am not sure whether you will get it brand new.....but you can get it secondhand at around 4.5k in good condition...
I got this lovely phone BUT the power button on top got missing the rubbery bit.. anyone knows how i can turn it on hmm
it's a nice phone but hangs a lil while changin' the applications also the looks r'nt that good..
nagya, 04 Aug 2008best phone of all timesI am really facinated by the rewiews of the users and having certain queries. Is it available even now and if so what is the indian price money and how durable it is.?Please please let me know if any body can help.
simply the best..owned it for more than 2 years and still going strong *****
Worst phone... poor battery backup,mono headset,ugly back side design,too weight,worst software,unable to open above 10Mb document and pdf file.Motorola MING is nice phone when compare this mobile.
good mobile. for those who need loooooooong battery and good no storage capacity. Really goooooooooood mobile. Value for money
The Best Phone I ever used. 3 cheers for designers & engineers.. Very user friendly the compatibilty with other devices is great. A camera of high megapixel might have taken it to best phone of E series.
The only drawback is not having radio.. Ofcourse its a business phone..
Very good phone providing all the necessary functions for daily usage, the sound quality is very good and with a 2Gb mSD card I have quite a MP3 player with me (excepting the fact that the headset is mono which is very annoying). The battery life is medium but satisfactory (4, maximum 5 days if you don't speak very much and about 2 days if you speak a lot). Overall, I recommend this phone to everyone.