Hi . I want to know what type of earphone does the E51 use ? Can anyone who hav buy it reply me.
@ flex I have been using this phone for past six months and I have never faced any problem that you are mentioning either you are talking about the wrong phone or simply trying to misguide people over here. First of all this phone is the fastest symbian phone you would ever come across the battery time is superb better than any other business phone and software is very fast even on the old firmware and there are no security issues
hello, can any expert answer my quiz.
i have e51 for 4 months now , but i want to use (youtube - WMV - Offline Maps). please i'm waiting for any help from expert guy.
my personal annoyances with this phone:
- power: the battery always get's empty too fast. if you really need to talk much during the day, it's always running out of power. this is really annoying, especially if you use it in business. i even cannot take it from friday to sunday and go somewhere w/o the stupid power supply...
why is nokia the only stupid company, which is not able to produce a usb-cable that also recharges the power of the phone? and why is there more than one connector for power and usb? weird design....
- speed: the os is really slow, most of the time it starts hanging or not doing what i told it to do when browsing menus, searching the phonebook (more than 500 entries), etc...
- security: the whole security concept against stealing is the phone lock with the security code, which is a finger-breaker if you want to enter it by hands. but if you setup this lock to auto with a given time, it's not working properly anymore. the phone's unlock sometimes simply does not turn on the lights so you wont see that you entered anything. sometimes in the locked state it moves to a "standby menu" where you have to move out before you can use it.
- contacts: who the hell had that stupid idea to show all contacts where first OR lastname starts with what you entered?! this is stupid, as it's pretty senseless to show plenty of "... wolfgangs" if you just search for one guy named "wolf".
- contacts #2: if i navigate to a contact and show the details, after closing the contacts, next time i enter the contacts, SOMETIMES these details are still shown. this causes, that i always have to LOOK what my phone does, instead of KNOWING that it behaves like whatever. this is really *AAAA*
- keyboard: dunno if it's just mine, but if i press "3" sometimes i don't get anything, sometimes i get more than one "3" at one time!
- poweron, record, volume control buttons: these buttons need really to much pressure to be pressed. i hate that...
- earplug: the wired earplug (headset) takes more than 2 seconds to be recognized by the phone and sometimes it simply does not switch to the earplug, especially when using the loudspeaker
- menu: the whole menu is assorted VERY BAD, sometimes against the logic in other menus.
i really have problems finding the stuff i need.
- camera: the really UNNECESSARY, STUPID SHUTTER sound should be able to be configured and shut off!
- power warnings: it'S pretty senseless to use light and sound shows to tell that the battery is running out! this costs the most battery anyways!
- software: the nokia suite (since version 5) is really stupid! relying on a windows service, which sometimes hangs-up or not!
the communication is hellish slow in general, backup/restore is a joke (no settings are restored anyways but stupid pictures which i can copy in one minute...), since version 7 you even cannot edit/copy your contacts/sms directly in the phone browser, the browser is since years too stupid to sort the contacts as they are in the phone, copy/paste always messes up contacts and messages, file naming of messages is the text (until v6, v7 just has csv support, which i can use what for!?)..
- and some more complaints i could file here...
- pc software is slow and unhandy
- power is too much used and bad designed
- mobile software is very slow
- things which already worked on versions before are gone
- product design (especially in terms of software, regardless whether this is the pc or symbian one) should be done be someone else
- the hardware itself seems to be ok (except my keyboard has problems) but with that software it's simply annoying me...
Anonymous, 09 Aug 2008..Indeed there is a way that you can turn off the shutter camera sound... just change the pho... moremy firmware version is,
Nokia E51 (09)
Putting into silent don't make my camera shutter sounds off. Guess its got to do something with the firmware. BUT, i know a person who did the firmware update and got the same version as you did and her camera still makes the sound.
Hi. I want to know if there is a way to conect a 3.5mm earphone to the E51 , can anyone help me ! please !
andy, 08 Aug 2008Ive owned this phone for about 5 months now, and while its very feature packed, the call quali... moreTo ANDY:
I don't have the problems you complain about. My E51 was made in Finland, where was yours made ?
Asif, 06 Aug 2008i purchase and then return to same shop, it is worst to invest in it. camera is the most stupi... morewhy stupid people buy E series phone who want camera and multimedia. E series mean business.
we have a sound problem when receiving or making calls, i need a big solution for that. IS the best phone among all nokia phones.
Please answer to my mail add. firstname.lastname@example.org
Winura, 06 Aug 2008unfortunately you cannot turn off the camera sounds on the E51. but you can turn off all your ... more..Indeed there is a way that you can turn off the shutter camera sound... just change the phone to ¨silence mode¨ and that´s it.. At least works fine in mine´s.. May be cause i´ve had upgrade my software to: 200.34.36 24-04-2008 RM-244 Nokia E51(01)... Cheers!!
Asif, 06 Aug 2008i purchase and then return to same shop, it is worst to invest in it. camera is the most stupi... more..Well mate .. Even more stupid really is made such invest whitout do the proper analize and check it out the product´s features before buy it ... The E´s series is a complete business line, top´s connectivity device instedd multimedia,, so if u buyed it for its camera.. Great mistake yours!! Cheers!! And by the way no for nothing this Model is in the top 10´s best smart phones in the whole world..
Well i've been using this device for quite some time and am perfectly satisfied with it. |However if you are opting for a device to give you ultimate in music and camera features, it's not the right device. One must opt for a phone in the N series.
Further, fring works perfectly with this device. Additionally the Voip client built in feature helps in streamlining the call out process. I have saved a lot on international calls since i have bought it. Gizmoproject5 and truphone services work effortlessly with this product.
Way to go NOkia for this fabulous product.
pls >> i want to how is the speaker and which one is better this or 6120 >>>
sudarsan, 08 Aug 2008is e51 better than n73,b'coz both are costing similsr price,i going to buy e51 by 2morow,i've ... moreif you buy the N73, what you'll get is a phone with a slightly bigger screen, less color and a very very very slow processor.
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970No Winura, but as my work is near water....I usually drop them :p
is e51 better than n73,b'coz both are costing similsr price,i going to buy e51 by 2morow,i've slight confusion whether to have e51 or n73.can anyone help ma?
Neither. I think it is the phone that does not search for signal after no signal for a while.
andy, 08 Aug 2008it will work on 850 3g in the USAre you using AT&T or T-Mobil?
I have a problem with phone not getting signal after it is has no signal for a long period of time. I would take it to an area where there is suppose to have signal but it does not show any bars and I cannot make calls. I have to reset phone to get signal again. Any ideas.