I'm using nokia E52 for the past 3 years and I didnt find a single problem till june 2012 and after dat the phone is getting stucked and it's rebooting frequently
I hv been using Nokia E52 for almost 4 yrs & till now it has ZERO problem. As for Bojan i guess u has bought a China made Nokia. Next time buy the Original.
AnonD-125627, 17 Mar 2013I've been using E52 for about a year now. My previous phone was E51 which was bad but not *as*... morehehehe. it seems you have purchased a factory defective phone. it is almost 3years now going 4 and i never had a problem or such kind of problems :)
I've been using E52 for about a year now. My previous phone was E51 which was bad but not *as* bad. Products like this is the exact reason why Nokia deserves to go bankrupt.
Here's the list of cons:
- Phone charger died after just few days of purchase. The USB connection works only on some computers (for completely unknown reasons). Also, to recharge the phone via USB you need Nokia drivers/software, you can't just plug it into a hotel's TV as you can with any other normal phone.
- Screen turns on for no reason, at random, every few hours or so and goes off only after about 20 to 30 minutes (also a seemingly random value). This makes the battery life kinda short. This has happened with many other users, it's not just me - we seemed to have got a faulty series. Way to go Nokia.
- In similar fashion, keyboard will also randomly flash and turn its light on, sometimes just the top part sometimes the whole keyboard, often in middle of the night for no apprent reason (I have turned off all internet features along with internet itself).
- Too soft buttons. Keyboard locking is mandatory since this phone will call people and send SMS's. You will often press wrong buttons. Keyboard locking is not required with many modern phones due to kyboard layout and automatic locking.
- Speaking of automatic locking, this phone kinda has it. Though, it only works when it's not supposed to and never works when it is supposed to. It locks the phone in mid-use but while in pocket it never does and it calls my long distance friends from Japan instead.
- Too small buttons, again, you will have hard times typing what you intended.
- Phone speaker not loud enough. You will have to go to a quiet room every time someone rings you or you won't hear a thing. This fact also makes the volume buttons kind of useless.
- As slow as it gets - its hardware is better than E51 but it has new useless graphics and features which hog the phone and compensate for improved h/w. Phone book with 50+ contacts will become annoying to use.
- Operating system is as unintuitive as it gets, it takes massive amount of time to get used to it even after upgrading from E51. I can only imagine the torment completely new users would be exposed to. As with previous model, how to change shortcut icons on the main screen takes an average 20 minutes to figure out (hint: it's called 'standby mode').
- Camera is ok-ish but takes a very long time to initialize (kind of kills the purpose) and its interface is extremely hard to figure out unless you find hours of time wasted on button bashing a fun experience.
- At some point camera stopped working for me, I can now only take one picture and have to close & re-open it for next one.
- It has integrated exchange support (like Androids do) but after a while you will not want to keep using it. For example, if you happen to not have an internet connection, it will tell you that every 5 (yes, five) seconds - as if you didn't get the message the last 100 times. In short, it makes really, really, really sure that you are aware that there's no internet connection. Weird.
- Screen is completely invisible at day light, you have to get into a dark room. Seeing as, if you want to talk, you have to be in a quiet room anyway so, this phone is great if you spend your all your days in dark and quiet rooms.
- I spent a lot of time trying to get the GPS software to work, and it does, only sometimes though. Often times it will just give you a completely wrong location and all you can do is restart and try again.
Here's some pros:
- It looks nice.
- Provided tones/themes are nice.
- Has memory and storage by default for lots of contacts, audio and even video recordings. You will rarely need to expand it which is a good thing since memory cards in E51 were tricky to say the least.
- I would love to say that it has integrated Exchange support but it leaves a lot to be desired. If you really, really need it then it will come in handy but I would strongly suggest another phone for that, an Android one perhaps.
This is the first phone I have ever had which has a great chance of beign smashed against the wall.
Take a look at this great device. Its very easy to see from where apple i phone's took their cue and stepped on the path of success. And nokia lost their way after treading on a path of cheapness with their later phones. E as in Excellence.
Asma, 25 Feb 2013Does viber and whatsup work with itNo it dose not sport the Viber but skype
Best phone ever. Way ahead of its time back then.. Downside is the low internal memory, but all else, the best!
Superb key pad mobile ever seen. The advantages are,
a.Amazing super bright big display.
b.Crystal clear sound while calling.
d.Excellent camera, but no 'auto focus' facility.
e.Can use camera flash as torch.
f.Very good battery backup. can use up to four days with almost 6 to 8hrs talk time.
g.Sleek design with good grip.
h.Good ring volume but not inequivalent to LG's GM-200.
i)Can provide 14 short cuts instead of 'maximum' 7 j.shortcut keys in ALL OTHER mobiles.
l)Ultra fast GPS locating, google maps.
m.In-built font zoomer.
n.Notification(blinking key pad lights when the mobile is idle) lights for missed calls, new sms, new email etc.
o)superb "smart dial application" just like the dialing available ONLY in Android phones.
p.Call recorder with out BEEP works smoothly
q.almost all necessary applications are working without any problem.
r. excellent music play back with equalizer through loud speaker and through the given head set (my phone is made in Hungary)but NOT comparable with the outdated Sony Ericsson's K-750.
s)I give 9.5 out of 10
Pls frnds amongs this two phones whch is d best NokiaE52 and NokiaN79,, pls reply me based on usage and not Phones Specifications,, Thenx!,
youngmoney, 29 Jan 2013is this device has light sensor for automaticaly turn off keypad light?yes it has this feature... its a very useful feature & it helps save significant battery.. :)
even someone wants to buy my E52 with the same price i bought, i will not sell this. This phone serves me 3 years already.
shisha boy, 26 Feb 2013I got the same fone (nokia e52) and im planing on putting it on sale. wel its the best fone i ... moreYa im intersted in this phone... Even i was searching for e series phones...
Can i anyone tell me the voipcalls are possible..and i read wifi is not working. i need to buy this. so please reply