I'm a bit disappointed. When Nokia first introduced the E52 the SAR rating was 1.05 now it's 1.23.
iggyone, 30 Nov 2009To Original_Jamaican:
I don't know where my last two posts ended up - probably gsmarena has... moreTo IGGYONE:
Thank you very much once again.
In regards to the links sometimes GSMArena's filtering system discard simple posts without links nor vulgar words. It's just a flawed system so keep trying.
Sometimes it works out best if you try on different days instead of trying continuously in one day.
Try again, I would really love to measure the difference.
I don't know where my last two posts ended up - probably gsmarena has some kind of filter that if you post a link or e-mail adress, then it deletes your message. So once again, unfortunately without links...
Anyway one of my friends still has Nokia 6300. We took some pics of the same things in the same lightning conditions (used E52 without flash at first), and the conclusions are:
1) sharpness algorithm in E52 is more emphasised, so pics taken with E52 sometimes look harsh when in low lightning conditions, but flashlight then helps and overall both looked okay, and pics of 6300 sometimes looked better, but not always.
2) color saturation was more than twice better on E52 than on 6300. We experimented with some objects in different light conditions and found out that on E52 red colored objects really came out red, while on 6300 red objects often came out pink or pale red. The same goes for other well saturated colors.
3) Because of the upper two things, contrast was much better on pics taken with E52, and 6300 had some better brightness, but that brightness on 6300 feels like more washed-out than normal - because of the poor color saturation.
4) overall quality - E52s camera is much better - pics look much more natural, although with still some flaws, easily beat 6300 camera.
If you have any more questions, I will answer them.
And for battery - I own it now for 15 days, and charged it twice so far,and still have 2 bars left,so will try next time to measure exact time for charging in off mode.
hharot, 30 Nov 2009pls help guys..... i've got this e52 for 3 weeks now and there's no problem until last night..... moreHi hharot,
Delete msgs from your sim card and everything will be fine.
SHR, 30 Nov 2009gyby_romania, could you please tell me where you phone has been manufactured? thankshi..my phone is manufactured in Finland - country of Nokia :)
gyby_romania, 30 Nov 2009I got this phone appx 1 months and is working great:
- i've installed garminXT and in working... moregyby_romania,
could you please tell me where you phone has been manufactured?
hharot, 30 Nov 2009pls help guys..... i've got this e52 for 3 weeks now and there's no problem until last night..... moretry also your outbox, there's probably a message there that was not sent. delete it or resend or keep it in your draft.
I got this phone appx 1 months and is working great:
- i've installed garminXT and in working great;
- i've configured the exchange client and is working verry good whit lotus notes;
- the battery life is good if i select only GSM not the both ways GSM+UMTS means dual mode;
- i've got the last firmware 022.009;
- wirelless works great;
- photos in the dark verry poor, but if u want great picture u should use a photo camera;
hharot, 30 Nov 2009pls help guys..... i've got this e52 for 3 weeks now and there's no problem until last night..... moreCan you tell what is the message about? or you write exact message, maybe someone has met this problem.
pls help guys..... i've got this e52 for 3 weeks now and there's no problem until last night.... there's a blinkining message icon on the upper right and i cant figure out what it was . I've check the inbox message and theres no message unread. I've also gone thru my email and it says no massage. I have also tried restore the factory settings but still the icon is still there. pls help me what to do about it.
I have used an E52 for over 3 months, I think it's really better than E51__my boyfriend had used E51 for over 1 year. Almost everything is better, though E51 has its own advantages in our opinion. Especially, you know, the ability of high Internet access, it's the best lovely point to judge it when E-series are for "Entrepreneur" with Office function. Additionally, the keyboard of E51 was peeling off little by little, terible!!
mediterranean, 29 Nov 2009dont get fooled by the 2 speakers e52 sound is much much louder belive meTo MEDITERRANEAN:
Thanks for your input.
The E52 which you mentioned as being much louder...was it made in Finland, made by Nokia, Made in Korea etc. ? Can you say please ?
Original_Jamaican, 28 Nov 2009To HASH: You are not the first person to mention the 6720 classic as an alternative and I can... moredont get fooled by the 2 speakers e52 sound is much much louder belive me
Been to a few shops in Beijing today, and they all seem to have the black version now. Its a grey import from HK or Malaysia from what IU could tell. Some running firmware v 0.21 others are on 0.22. All of the black ones say Made by Nokia.
The black is much better than the silver and gold. The keys are more readable and to my suprise there is also a white version out now (dark key etchings).
Nearly bought one of the black ones, but since the shop did not supply all the materials with it I pulled out in the end. They sell them for RMB 1900 (GBP 165.00 on the 29th of Nov).
All the boxes they came with were of the silver versions and with a UK charger. Could not find out why that was, but I guess they must have grey imported the units rather than all the boxes... go figure.
Superb mobile from nokia no problem no hang, no bugs working charm with my 8gb memory card i have made by nokia and 022 veson go and buy dream phone
Hash, 28 Nov 2009hi guys,
merry christmas and happy new year in advance, i think that a good replacement for t... moreTo HASH:
You are not the first person to mention the 6720 classic as an alternative and I can tell it's a loud phone just by looking. It reminds me of the 6233 and has 2 speakers.
But the non-existence of Wi-fi is a deal breaker for me.