The GPS in my E52 don’t work properly, it said no GPS signal, I try to move to outdoor and more open space but same result, also I connect internet to the phone via WLAN and try to run GPS but also same result,
I don’t know if GPS work in such countries and others not. Can anybody help, Thanks
Anonymous, 15 Aug 2009I've had the phone for a day now and am generally happy with it.
It hasn't blown me away, e... moreE52 can disable autolock keypad. It's in settings/general/secutity/phone and sim card/
The phone is excellent, it's not bad as you describe it, so don't fool others.
Anyone who can tell me whether the e52 has an option to use its flash as a video light? The 5630 has this option so im wondering whether the e52 has it too..
Anyone who can answer?
Please guys.. I am serious in asking this. I am begging for answers for the current E52 users.
S388, 15 Aug 2009Good god, you lot need to lighten up a bit and stop taking everything so seriously.
I take ... moreMini nuclear reactor... lol =)
Li-ion - Ionic Lithium
Li-Po - Lithium Polymers
Ions and Polymers are two different things...
So as brits humour, sometimes dry from a wet country.. but far better than fat american humour
I've had the phone for a day now and am generally happy with it.
It hasn't blown me away, especially as this is such a big upgrade from my previous 6500 Classic, which was falling to bits, cutting out and didn't like (battery wise) mobile web at all. Arguably, the E52 is a slight disappointment, but it's still a good phone.
Some initial observations:
1. Screen quality is OK. Honestly, the amount of colours that can be displayed do not mean anything. Compared to the HTC Touch Diamond (which has 65k colours), the E52 screen looks terrible. Granted it is smaller, but that doesn't excuse the lack of smoothing or fidelity.
So disappointing when web browsing.
2. Web browsing. The included web browser is good, however, it runs slow and sometimes just doesn't load up certain pages.
I have also PURCHASED Opera for it. I'm slightly disappointed. Opera is quicker, but it doesn't display certain pages as well as the browser that comes pre-installed (such as the Opera website).
The pre-installed browser can display floating menu's etc. Opera can't. Very odd. Maybe Opera just hasn't been optimised for E52 yet, which doesn't make sense as other devices with the same screen size and OS have been out now for a long time...
Your choice really. Opera is better all round, but the built in browser is more 'display the web as it is' friendly, although it runs slow.
3. Auto key lock is annoying and it cannot be changed. You cannot keylock your phone - it does it automatically after around 30 seconds. Your keypad is then auto locked. This is, at times, annoying and cannot be changed.
4. Ergonomics are good. The keypad feels very comfortable, however, the bottom corners can sometimes 'dig' into your fingers (when writing), depending on how you are holding it.
5. Build quality is good. Face is made from metal, sides and back are made of plastic. The battery cover is made from metal, but the outside is covered in textured plastic. The way this plastic is textured makes it feel ok to hold (grip maybe?), but it is a total dirt magnet, which will no doubt trap small bits of dirt over time.
6. Still no way to enter a new line when writing an email/text message. This is useful to break up big, boring looking chunks of text. It's so simple as well. Why haven't they included it?
7. The themes are boring.
8. Camera is adequate, but not a concern of mine.
9. Calling and texting is good, although the latter is a disappointment for a smart phone re: point 6.
10. It runs quickly.
11. It does look good.
12. The battery life is truly exceptional - hours worth of web browsing so far, and not a single bar of battery dropped.
13. This will probably be the last candybar phone I will buy - next year we will see slimmer touch screen phones with superior battery life as manufacturers develop better batteries - this phone is convenient to me as I need something effective for travel and it has not broken the bank.
14. I don't think Symbian can cut it in the current media phone market (which I know the E52 is not trying to target) - it just looks too boring compared to the much prettier Microsoft and Apple O/S's. They need an overhaul if they are going to hit this market.
Anonymous, 15 Aug 2009It is called, Lithium-polymer. LOL??? Polonium??? Try convincing EU to approve of a radioactiv... moreGood god, you lot need to lighten up a bit and stop taking everything so seriously.
I take it you are American and so don't get it when us Brits are being sarcastic?
I was clearly joking about the Polonium. (I'm posting from a different computer if my ID has changed).
Some times my humour is totally wasted...
Anonymous, 14 Aug 2009Li-Po Lithium Polonium. Nokia have now managed to instal a mini nuclear reactor within t... moreIt is called, Lithium-polymer. LOL??? Polonium??? Try convincing EU to approve of a radioactive battery for day-to-day consumer appliance. Not to mention security and terrorism risks. I really doubt the intelligence of the posters here.
"But the Graphite unit we reviewed had us greatly impressed." says GSMArena team.
Metal Aluminium(Metal AL) says the retail package, if you zoom in the label of the box.
So which is correct? Reviewed E52 is Graphite Grey or Metal Aluminium Grey.
After reading gsmarena review i think this phone is a good all rounder phone not just a business one, E series phones have been always known for below average music qualities but the 3.5 audio jack and the good music quality makes e52 a capable music player as i think.
for those who have got this phone, is it really a good music player as reviewed by gsmarena??? and how is the music quality and loudness in earphones ?
i know this is a business phone but why not use it as a music device during free times.
Anonymous, 14 Aug 2009Does the E52 have the breathing light that flashes when you recieve message. thanksYes, it have. I think u mean the status light if u get sms, call or mail. You can see it if u look the phone in a greater solution.
Its on top of the phone on left side !
Does the E52 have the breathing light that flashes when you recieve message. thanks
Lithium-ion polymer batteries, polymer lithium ion, or more commonly lithium polymer batteries (abbreviated Li-poly, Li-Pol, LiPo, LIP, PLI or LiP)
andAlso, 14 Aug 2009Read this entry and you know why it's essential that you use the supplied charger with mobiles... moreAppearently inserting a hyperlink into the comment system is not working properly:
Concatenate the following 2 lines to a single url for a working link with copy-paste or so?
*cough, 14 Aug 2009Lithium-Ion Polymer ;)Read this entry and you know why it's essential that you use the supplied charger with mobiles using Li-Po batteries!!!