It lacks on feature to become a true superphone. Can it charge its battery from USB port? This was a major con for me with E51.
Anonymous, 15 Aug 2009Which one do you prefer, 5800 or E52 ???
-5800: CarlZeis, Autofocus, VGA@30fps, TvOut, 3.2"... more5800 is bleeding edge / cutting edge.
E52 is stable / corporate/enterprise edge.
by bleeding edge means... newest OS/firmware, and still small software support (3rd parties)
by stable means... the most stable OS in S60, have a large 3rd party software to install/buy. less hang/crash.
vla-do, 15 Aug 2009E52 can disable autolock keypad. It's in settings/general/secutity/phone and sim card/
The ph... moreHi there
Thanks for that.
One question - once auto lock is switchd off, how do you manually lock the phone?
On S40, it's menu + *
What is it on S60?
Which one do you prefer, 5800 or E52 ???
-5800: CarlZeis, Autofocus, VGA@30fps, TvOut, 3.2"screen
- E52: ARM 11 600 Mhz, Slimmer, Build quality
I will buy one of them. Both have similar prices
Anonymous, 15 Aug 2009I've had the phone for a day now and am generally happy with it. It hasn't blown me away, e... moreRegarding 6., press 0 (zero) 3 times quickly when entering a message. That adds a new line on Symbian.
Anonymous, 15 Aug 2009I've had the phone for a day now and am generally happy with it. It hasn't blown me away, e... moreThanks for the review. You are a bit clueless regarding two aspects. You can lock it manually and you can enter a return/linefeed easily when typing text. Check your manual.
People you cant compare this device with an Touch phone that are 2 different categories.
I think this device is perfect if u looking at the price !""
What u want more for this price? You have Gps, Wlan, good build quality, acelerometer and many application for messaging and office tools
If u want more take an Nseries device but u must pay more then ! for me is 3.2 mp compared to my 2 mp camera very good
if u say it doesnt have a good browser:
Nokia included into this device the newest web browser 7.1 which is much faster and with more options!
im really happy with the browser of Nokia if u arent there are many others which u can install like Opera or others
the signal of GPS could sometimes not so strong because the gps chips are most cheap but for me its good enough and if u want better gps then buy the navigator of Nokia !
and the nokia E52 is now alaivable for 266 € in germany and i think its a good price for a device like this
Nokia want release new Series i read in the News Like Cseries and Xseries !
So let us hope for a new century in Nokias device World
The GPS in my E52 don’t work properly, it said no GPS signal, I try to move to outdoor and more open space but same result, also I connect internet to the phone via WLAN and try to run GPS but also same result,
I don’t know if GPS work in such countries and others not. Can anybody help, Thanks
Anonymous, 15 Aug 2009I've had the phone for a day now and am generally happy with it.
It hasn't blown me away, e... moreE52 can disable autolock keypad. It's in settings/general/secutity/phone and sim card/
The phone is excellent, it's not bad as you describe it, so don't fool others.
Anyone who can tell me whether the e52 has an option to use its flash as a video light? The 5630 has this option so im wondering whether the e52 has it too..
Anyone who can answer?
Please guys.. I am serious in asking this. I am begging for answers for the current E52 users.
S388, 15 Aug 2009Good god, you lot need to lighten up a bit and stop taking everything so seriously.
I take ... moreMini nuclear reactor... lol =)
Li-ion - Ionic Lithium
Li-Po - Lithium Polymers
Ions and Polymers are two different things...
So as brits humour, sometimes dry from a wet country.. but far better than fat american humour
I've had the phone for a day now and am generally happy with it.
It hasn't blown me away, especially as this is such a big upgrade from my previous 6500 Classic, which was falling to bits, cutting out and didn't like (battery wise) mobile web at all. Arguably, the E52 is a slight disappointment, but it's still a good phone.
Some initial observations:
1. Screen quality is OK. Honestly, the amount of colours that can be displayed do not mean anything. Compared to the HTC Touch Diamond (which has 65k colours), the E52 screen looks terrible. Granted it is smaller, but that doesn't excuse the lack of smoothing or fidelity.
So disappointing when web browsing.
2. Web browsing. The included web browser is good, however, it runs slow and sometimes just doesn't load up certain pages.
I have also PURCHASED Opera for it. I'm slightly disappointed. Opera is quicker, but it doesn't display certain pages as well as the browser that comes pre-installed (such as the Opera website).
The pre-installed browser can display floating menu's etc. Opera can't. Very odd. Maybe Opera just hasn't been optimised for E52 yet, which doesn't make sense as other devices with the same screen size and OS have been out now for a long time...
Your choice really. Opera is better all round, but the built in browser is more 'display the web as it is' friendly, although it runs slow.
3. Auto key lock is annoying and it cannot be changed. You cannot keylock your phone - it does it automatically after around 30 seconds. Your keypad is then auto locked. This is, at times, annoying and cannot be changed.
4. Ergonomics are good. The keypad feels very comfortable, however, the bottom corners can sometimes 'dig' into your fingers (when writing), depending on how you are holding it.
5. Build quality is good. Face is made from metal, sides and back are made of plastic. The battery cover is made from metal, but the outside is covered in textured plastic. The way this plastic is textured makes it feel ok to hold (grip maybe?), but it is a total dirt magnet, which will no doubt trap small bits of dirt over time.
6. Still no way to enter a new line when writing an email/text message. This is useful to break up big, boring looking chunks of text. It's so simple as well. Why haven't they included it?
7. The themes are boring.
8. Camera is adequate, but not a concern of mine.
9. Calling and texting is good, although the latter is a disappointment for a smart phone re: point 6.
10. It runs quickly.
11. It does look good.
12. The battery life is truly exceptional - hours worth of web browsing so far, and not a single bar of battery dropped.
13. This will probably be the last candybar phone I will buy - next year we will see slimmer touch screen phones with superior battery life as manufacturers develop better batteries - this phone is convenient to me as I need something effective for travel and it has not broken the bank.
14. I don't think Symbian can cut it in the current media phone market (which I know the E52 is not trying to target) - it just looks too boring compared to the much prettier Microsoft and Apple O/S's. They need an overhaul if they are going to hit this market.
Anonymous, 15 Aug 2009It is called, Lithium-polymer. LOL??? Polonium??? Try convincing EU to approve of a radioactiv... moreGood god, you lot need to lighten up a bit and stop taking everything so seriously.
I take it you are American and so don't get it when us Brits are being sarcastic?
I was clearly joking about the Polonium. (I'm posting from a different computer if my ID has changed).
Some times my humour is totally wasted...
Anonymous, 14 Aug 2009Li-Po Lithium Polonium. Nokia have now managed to instal a mini nuclear reactor within t... moreIt is called, Lithium-polymer. LOL??? Polonium??? Try convincing EU to approve of a radioactive battery for day-to-day consumer appliance. Not to mention security and terrorism risks. I really doubt the intelligence of the posters here.