video player is good just convert to 3gp file format, use quickoffice perfomance better.
I am seriously considering buying this phone. I have read many reviews but I feel feedback from actual users of the phone is more worthwhile. The two main features I am considering the phone for are it's large screen (for watching movies etc), and the connectivity (for browsing the net through 3g or Wi-Fi)
1) How well does the phone work as a video player?
2) What are user impressions on the internet browser for surfing all web pages?
After a month using the E61, here are some of the pros and cons:
1. Great battery life. This is one of the most important feature for a smartphone. What good is it if you have all the features but without the juice to run it. I have tried a few PDA phones, including OS IIi, Palm Treo, Motorola MPX( the worst of the lot), none of them can last me a full day of usage without having to worry about battery strength. Imagine having to surfnet using the Wifi, paying MP3 and do all the mobile office stuff only to find that you risk loosing everthing because you are running out of battery. The E61 is the only phone That I have used that let me do all the about for the whole day in a single charge.
2. Great phone. The idea of having a smartphone is not to carry 2 items, i.e. one phone for communication and another PDA as a organizer. But the problem with most of the Windows mobile platform is that they fail miserably as a phone. The response time for WM phone is just not good enough as compared to normal handphones. The E61 excel in this area.
3. Connection. Wifi, 3G, Edge, Infrared, Bluetooth. Everything is here.
4. Great web browser. I thought nothing could beat the Mobile Explorer, But this browser render pages real well.
And now the Cons:
1. Very Very slow office application. I just wonder why i have not come across a review on the web that point out this very glaring weakness. I bought this phone because i really need to work with lots of Excel and word document while i am out of office. But loading a 700k excel document (with about 5000 lines of records) with no special formating takes about 5 mins!!! and it takes equally amount of time to save!. This is just not acceptable. the same file took less than 30 second to open on a pocket excel. This shows that most of the so call expert reviewers did not really test it as how a PDA phone should be tested.
2. Weak Wifi. You really need to be very close to an access point to get the signal. While my laptop showing "good" signal strength, the phone was not able to detect the signal.
3. with the latest 3.xxx firmware, the phone still hangs occationally. But this is the norm for all PDA phones. The only thing is it has not have a reset button. I need to take out the battery to reset.
4. limited applications as compared to WM and Palm platform.
I used the n80 for a year now i got the e62 expecting to have the same multimedia features but
no n80 can run divx and music at the same time and divx dose not lag plus if using agile messanger you can record a voice tag wile the music is playing on the e 62 the music or divx player becomes choppy
cant send attachements by email ? What the ... Is that .
Nothing compared to the n80
ill see whats up with the e61i or ill just get the n95
to jinggay :
yes E61 can download hundreds of themes at www.babinokia.com & golf games at nokia.com & can upgrade OS at nokia.com, install quickoffice, adobe reader.
I've tried to write in word E61 & transf to PC & can open with microsoft word, no problem at all.
i would like to ask f this phone(Nokia E61) can be downloaded themes and games??? anyone can rply... thanks a lot...
When I transfer word files created from mobile to pc it doesnot open...PLz help.
CAn we install fonts in the mobile.
has anybody ever tried to open 3 Mb pdf file using adobe reader in E61? I can't open it, it said memory not enough.
Can someone please tell me if this phone have voice recording for longer than 60 seconds and also about the WEB BROWSER, it is the same as in N80 or worse. Thanks
Re: Does it fit into a pocket?
Yes, mine rides around in my shirt breast pocket every day. Only danger is it can slide out when you stoop over to re-tie a shoelace.
Re: Does it supprt 2Gb memory cards?
Yes, I have a 2Gb card in mine, works great, no noticable speed/performance loss compared to when I was using the default 64Mb card. I've read about other people having issues when trying to use a 4Gb card, and I've not yet read a success story with a 4Gb card. Thats not to say it can't be done, but it sounds like a 4Gb card will require a little more than just "plug-n-play"
Re: Does it support GPS?
Yes it will. I bought mine on the "grey market" in Shanghai, its from Hong Kong and came pre-loaded with some extra software which was loaded on the memory card. Several of these were items called Navigator, Position, and Landmarks. These are all designed to work with a separate GPS module connected via bluetooth. Search this board, you'll find more details. I assume you can download these from somewhere, but I don't know a source or the price
The best app which came pre-loaded is a chinese-english dictionary which allows entries by strokes, pinyin, and english. Very useful....
this is the best phone for nokia..i like using the QWERTY keypad its very easy to used
when installing application, go to tools, app manager, then go to options, then settings, then change the SOFTWARE INSTALLATION to ALL
so that you can install all applications, specially agile messenger
Guys does the 2gb card work fine with the phone or it has some problems...
Thanks in advance.