hey ppl i am way to confused on buying E61i or E50 as i am already using HTC Touch and i am sick of it.....anyone who can compare the the 2 phones and temme which one to go for ....waitin on some valuable advic.....
i got this one about 15 days ago. i am kinda surprised cause this one doesnt have predictive text. my JAQ had the best predictive text ever!!!please let me know if i am wrong.
Hi frnds. I m a new user of E61i. Earlier i was using E50. The prob is i hv installed various 3rd party softwares in my E50 like smartmovie,etc from funmaza.com but whn i m installing the same softwares in my new E61i, it says Certificate error. The crack given in funmaza.com is to change the year to 2006 and then install. I've done that too. But no improvement. Can anyone suggest how to install the 3rd party s/w. Or can u suggest me any other website frm where i can download the s/w for free.
Pls help me out.
the screen was actually cracked so i replaced it, still when i turn it on it just freezes with the screen lit but nothing on it. i tired to contact nokia here in canada but they told me theres nothing they can do because the phone is not from north america.
I got it last week, and I really like it.
But I'm having problems reciving text messages, I tried to switch sim cards and with difrent supliers and it still gets the sms if at all with a big delay.
Any ideas???? please help me!!!
I have this e61i, it is excellent, it has everything I need, nice. But it is very slippery, it almost falls off my hands eveytime I hold it. Also can not find a cover or pouch for it.. please help..
Mike, this phone can't be dropped man!! Your E61i's screen is burned now (if it doesn't show anything). Go to Nokia Care Center (if your phone comes with a warranty, they'll fix this problem for free.).. Be careful next time!
i have had this phone for about a month now and i dropped it a few days ago, now when i turn it on it just shows a blank screen and the light on the top left side stays lit. has anyone else had this problem?? or does anyone know how to fix this??
I'm an extreme E61 user since 2006. This is my review, hope they helps for people who wants to own the phone in future.
+ superb voice clarity during calls
+ very good signal reception everywhere
+ great comfortable & classy thin design
+ good full-fuctional qwerty keyboard with some useful shortcuts of bluetooth, IrDA, etc
+ good & realible phonebook
+ useful 64mb internal memory with around 46,5mb ram always available in standby
+ fast writing speed in message or notes, no lag
+ great display quality
+ software compitability with other Nokia official themes of Eseries & Nseries making the phone's menu interface always look updated (this is a very good mark, by the way)
+ fast menu interface of the symbian OS
+ complete kinds of feature & connection such pop-portUSB, IrDa, Bluetooth, GPRS, EDGE, 3G, Wlan, Modem, PTT (the last one is totally useless in almost every country)
+ great internet browser plus wifi
+ nice and user-friendly mp3 player
+ very good music quality using original Nokia HS-23 handsfree set (found in-box with N80 or others)
+ editable equaliser for optimal good sound experience
+ remakable speed of menu operation even using 2gb card (I'm using original Nokia miniSD)
+ great build quality, steel bodyparts
+ good battery life.
- no camera (yes - business needs camera)
- so sadly, no radio with RDS
- slow java (.jar games / application)
- slow message reading ..IF.. using memory card as the default sms storage
- joystick, not as friendly as Dpad
- if you install more than about 17 themes, than the new ones will replace the older one randomly, & sometimes it delete your favourite one (to be replaced with the new theme). Trust me it really hit you hard when happens :( maybe the maximum amount of additional themes are less than 20? you decide what best for your E61 however
- only one minute voice recording available as default (don't talk about 3rd party software-this still a loss)
- not even standard repeat alarm available, even my previous entry-level Nokia 1600, 2310, 1200 has it.
- keyboard needs to be improved for maximum ease of use (straight example; while driving - even it's so unsafe using ANY phone, actually)
- disastrous & unrecognisable sound / ringtone / music quality when using maximum volume via loudspeaker (this one is a serious drawback of otherwise good phone)
- pop-port connector, not miniUSB
- no standard 3,5mm audio jack (oh well, at least 2,5mm will do)
- not ergonomic sim card bed (this issue may only occur for people who changes their simcards often, it's not really matters actually)
- miniSD access possible only if you remove the battery cover first. Now the thing is about this, the Eseries born kind of all-business thing, so they were meant to keep most secret valueable datas of the user very carefull, that means the storage (memory card) are designed to be located hidden under battery cover for maximum protection. But still, if you own this unit of E serie and if you keep confidental data on it, will you ever let anyone touch your phone from the first place? If anyone really wants your data they will just go (steal) for the phone, instead of the memory card only.
1. I don't miss a secondary videocall camera, but adding it will make it compelete of course. (or make it became Nseries-labeled?)
2. I know some of the above-mentioned cons are covered with the update model of E61i, but some things are just stand for itself. Like this unit, i just won't exchange it for E61i just because of minor issues above. Hope u get what i mean.
3. My E61 firmware is 1.0610.04.04 dated 19-04-06 code RM-89. I never, ever, not even once- update the software of my device. It still running smoothly with no error or crash at all.
4. -Nokia Eseries E stand for Enterprise
-Nokia Nseries stand for "New Series" when first introduced to market it hit the world of mobile phones for their multimedia capability
-Sony Ericsson P series stand for Professional
-Sony Ericsson M series stand for Mobility, a mobile office with a lot of functionality
-Sony Ericsson K series stand for Kamera, mostly Cyber-Shot branded
-Sony Ericsson W series stand for -yes you all already know- Walkman
-Sony Ericsson S series stand for Special
-Sony Ericsson Z series stand for Ztyle, stylisly design & fashion oriented phone
5. Remember my name everybody.
Hello everybody. Today i buy Nokia E61i set. I like this set. But it is little bit slow than Nokia 5700. Can anybody help me, how to connect windows XP via WLAN? I want to use Internet via WLAN of my set. Plz help me. Thanks
Hi guys!! I'm happy to announce that I am now the new proud owner of one of these machines!! I'm totally enjoying it. I just have a few questions.
1) Is there any software I can get to stream youtube videos online.
2) how do i set up the VOiP so i can make internet calls.
Well Sam, can you please send all the cool programs on your mobile to my e-mail so I could download them to my E61i? Here is my e-mail address: email@example.com
The WAP setting is not working with the network am with. For the guy who's asking about the 3.5 jack: the sound is so loud and it has a good quality sound (similar to the N73. Regards. Abed
hey every wone for nokia e61i
i bought this phone 4days ago can anybody tell how long the battery stay cuz its stay with me 2days only with 1 hour talk ber day so can any body help me plz ???
send me @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Abed, download directly to phone, browse for these using the WAP browser and not the regular browser. You can find some themes and apps to download in "Download" folder. If you like streaming radio, then download "Internet Radio". This is for N series but will work fine on 61, only the functions above the buttons will turn 90 degrees due to the landscape screen on the 61. You can also install Fring to make all kinds of PC-to-PC calls and Windows Live Messenger (I have the program if u can't find it). There's also a program to play and save YouTube videos, but it's a bit buggy and I'm waiting for a more stable version to be released.
For the guy asking about the 3.5mm audio jack, there isn't one.
Thanx alot Sam! I will download the things you told me anout, but shall I use the internet on my laptop or the WLAN on my E61i? Cheers:)
Abed, congrats! I'm sure you'll enjoy the phone.
The keypad is durable, have no fear. However, take care of the D-pad, do not use your fingernails, it will eventually scratch. Anyway you can exchange the entire casing similar to all Nokia phones.
Make sure to install Google Maps and Opera Mini, download those through the WAP browser ("Services" in Media folder) to ensure that the website identifies you phone model. Secret: To switch phone language while typing, press and hold Shift (the up arrow) and while holding it press and release "Chr". Enjoy :)
I finally got this phone yesterday and I'm enjoying this phone so much!! But am really afraid about the Key-pad of this phone. Any help?
Hello guys, i have been using e61i for past 9 months. No such problems faced but the usb jack will get loosen as the time goes. No need to upgrade the firmware as it will show some poor response time. One thing u all njoy is its crisp display and its connectivity to any hotspots. Its the coolest phone i have ever had. Posting from my e 61i