Bought this phone as my early birthday present for myself. Love the phone but somehow confused with the great battery life. Mine fully charged in the early am then by night and early the next day..shows just one bar. i'm puzzled since i use it just for text,and change every setting so i can save battery life. Help anyone? or should i consult Nokia for this?
Navzar, 13 Aug 2009Any one used their E63 as a Wi-Fi Router to browse your mobile internet connection on your lap... moreYes, I am using it. Works fine and is very convenient. Now I dont have to plug in and plug out the USB cable. Just keep the phone in the pocket and use the laptop. Just like real WiFi. Fantastic.
Any one used their E63 as a Wi-Fi Router to browse your mobile internet connection on your laptop or PC without wires or USB cables.....Think again
Go to www.Joiku.com- Find Software "Joikuspotlite". Download and install the app. This app when turned on acts as mobile hotspot. So you mobile gets converted to a Wi-Fi router. Your Service providers data charges will apply.
COndition: LAptopn or PC whould have WiFi connectivity
B, 13 Aug 2009Can I download themes for the E63?Yes you can download themes
www.ownskin.com- Free Downloads
www.zedge.net- Register and downbload for free
www.imserba.com- Register, visit the forums and downbload for free
www.mobile9.com- Register and downbload for free
If you dont find the E63 listed on any of the websites do not lose heart as the same theme for an E71 can be installed on the E63...ENJOY
can u change da cover of da phone,say u get black cn u change da cover to red??????plz help
hi e63 is good mobile i like it but if tv output options will add it will be more successfull
Brought the phone 2 months ago and now the battery life is getting shortern, I charged it this morning and if was dead by the afternoon sitting on ideal.
Hello to all. I have bought E63 a month back with Black Colour. What i can say is this si a great phone and The network support is good as well. WLAN network is picked just in seconds. And web browsin gis really poerfect.
For people who want great picture quality of camera and good sound loud one for this this phone is not that catchy one. Bt if u can compromise on image and sound side then i might say u cant get a better phone thatn this E63 value for money. Phone
Nokia E63 is good value for money so for all the people wanting to buy the phone and contemplating....dont THINK TWICE...JUST BUY!!!....For all those contemplating to buy the E71 instead think again...
E71 is a great phone but E63 is exactly identical in terms of functionality for about Rs7-8000/- less
For a layman
1. Camera is 2Mp compared to E71 (3Mp) however the camera quality is exactly the same. Anyweays the camera lens provided on both the models is pretty mediocare.
2. E71 has GPS while E63 supports A-GPS. E71 GPS functionalyt comes with only a 3 month subsciption after which you need to purchase a subscription which is expensive so your GPS is useless. However on the E63 you cvan use the google maps appl to show your location via cell site location and is accurate while moving as well
3. E71 is slimmer and has a metal body which gives it an elegant look compared to the E63 however flip side to it is that it contains the same weight battery thus because of the slimmer design the phone appears to be a little heavier than the E71. Also there are high chances the E71 might get hot while talking as the batter heat might transmit to the metal body. Remember metal is good conductor of heat
3. Because of the metal body the chances of it getting damaged on fall are far greater as metal is much brittle than a fiber body as in the E63. E63 is at around 12500 however the E71 is quotted at 19000....Please save money....and if you have unlimited money to splurge then might as well buy the I-Phone (3g or 3gS)or the Nokia N97
HI, The nokia E63 is a treat to have. I have popped an 8 GB card and the phone still manages to run fast.
This is for all the people who want to install all kinds of applications on the phone provided the applications are Symbian S60 3rd edition compatrible or JAR or JAD files
1. If you get error "Certficate Error" go to Installations Folder > Application manager > Options > Settings > Software Installation- change this to "ALL" from default signed only
2. If you get error "Certificate Expired" go to time and date settings and change the year to one year nehind. e.g if we are in 2009 then change it to 2008. Try installing it. If it does not work then back date the year one or 2 more times. If combinations from 2009- 2006 dont work...buddy you were never made to install that software/ theme
Aniruddha, 13 Aug 2009Hi guys.Got my E63 yesterday evening.Not as yet started using it with the SIM but am ompressed... moreHI,
This is a long procedure if you dont have the right set up. If u do then it should be done quickly.
If u were a Sony Ericcson user then you have installed the Sony PC Suite on your PC. There is a Sync option within that. When you sync your contacts they get stored in MS Outlook on your PC under the contacts option.
When you get your Nokia phone install the nokia PC suite- go to sync option- Advanced setting- Select update in both directions
Start the syncing.....Voila all your contacts from oputlook will get updated on your nokia. You can choose them=n to move the contacts to memory card on your E63
Leon, 12 Aug 2009What colour looks the best on this phone? I'm getting mine soon and cant decide on a colour.i think red color is best suited
i also have the same color......
Little Johnny, 12 Aug 2009Hi bought this phone, very cool. I'm new to this wifi arena so I went to wifi and scanned I fo... moreLittle Johnny,
So you want to hack into your school network. Please do not. It is illegal and can land you in trouble.
Jaiku and all other SW can find WiFi networks for you but they too do not believing in hacking passwords.
pensioner, 13 Aug 2009thankyou all u guys for all the info on the nokia e63!!i had to deside on nokia 2700,6303,supe... moreHello Pensioner,
Glad to meet you. So am I a pensioner. Going to be 63 in November. And if I can use and feel at home with an E71, I am sure you will be fine with your E63. And congrats for it and welcome to the E63 forum. What am I doing here? Well I owned a E63 sometime back but my som saw it and took it away. So I decided to go in for E71 as I wanted a GPS. But I still like E63. There is nothing difficult about it. All you have to do is to hold the phone in one hand and the User Guide in the other. Read the book and relate to the phone. An hour or two at the max is enough to start advising on this forum. Also, when you get it and it becomes operational, do contact us for downloading SW on your phone for additional facilities.
Mahesh, 13 Aug 2009Vinay, I'm using loop mobile's wap service. The browsing speed is good though but i'm not able... moreAs regards the download size is concerned, there is no max limit in E63 or any Nokia phone. I have downloaded up to 63 MB of files. Took me some time but when I woke up the file was on my phone. However, there is no SW, for mobiles, to my knowledge that can pause the download and can connect up later on. If you find some, do let us know.
Aniruddha, 13 Aug 2009Hi guys.Got my E63 yesterday evening.Not as yet started using it with the SIM but am ompressed... moreTry using MS Outlook as an intermediary. I dont say it will work but all phones do have some sort of backup link to Outlook. If not all fields of contacts at least most of them will be transferred.