Anonymous, 07 Feb 2011Yes Nokia is incredible, no wonder the sales are falling and more units delivered with android... morehahhaha, this is great. Absolutely correct. Nokia is unfortunately overwhelmed by the competition. I feel a bit sorry thoug, as they were my favorite once...
This phone is overrated. Doesnt even have a card slot. Why wouldnt one go for Desire Z for instance? Much more reliable , also with QWERTY, much more customizable?!...
this phone is pure bullshit!!! exact specs like on Nokia C7 and a 4 inch display with the same resolution?!?! that screen is ugly,bigtime!!! C7 has 3.5 inches and you can see pixels everywhere,so just imagine how ugly can a 4 inch screen be! other thing is a processor! too slow to compare to any of todays pricey touch screens,so 600 euros is toooooo much to pay for!!
Anonymous, 07 Feb 2011640x360 resolution.....I repeat.....640x360 on a 4'' inch screen?.....r u kidding me NOKIA???T... moreHehehe, if you want fast and high density sisplay donot buy Nokia, please buy Samsung with Android OS or Apple.
may God Bless you my friend
Anonymous, 07 Feb 2011640x360 resolution.....I repeat.....640x360 on a 4'' inch screen?.....r u kidding me NOKIA???T... moreYes Nokia is incredible, no wonder the sales are falling and more units delivered with android than Symbian in last quarter of 2010.
680Mhz would be good if it was a modern processor. But then when we see its ARM11 it suddenly means the power of a 300MHz modern processor. Its sad what nokia has to offer, no power to run modern apps and a 3 year old resolution. I had enough of 640x360 already with 5800, thats a distant past i dont want to visit again. Its not like it would be a good story for a new back To The Future movie,
"Hey Doc, lets go back to when cellphones had only 640x360 resolution!".
"Yes Marty! Fire up the flux capacitor, we want Nokia 5800 and N97, back to the future!"
640x360 resolution.....I repeat.....640x360 on a 4'' inch screen?.....r u kidding me NOKIA???This is not 2008, it`s 2011....and 680mhz CPU?....and you ask for 600 for it....delusional!
Anonymous, 06 Feb 2011The Digital Compass
Some years ago I remember the excitement generated when a friend of mine ... morer u saying digital compas is stupid thing to have? Do u have any idea how many apps utilize the compass, the possibilities it creates?
For example me, im interested in astronomy, tell me how could i use Google Sky on my HTC without the built-in digital compass? The accelerometer and compass works perfectly together in this app, as a programmer i know how to appreciate that and i can already envision some of the formulas used in source code. Ahhh, dats the kind of code i love to write =)
Also GPS/maps see advantages from a digital compass, map orientation for example, useless?? No way!
infamous, 07 Feb 2011e7 will release 2morrow :DWhich country??
I think that its specification is good,
its weight is so mutch,
its design and shape is very good. I am waiting for this handset.
Anonymous, 06 Feb 2011can any1 pls tell me When is it going to be released??... i've been waiting since Ages!!...You and me both! There seem to be so many different stories out there online about release dates, pre-sales in select countries and who knows what else! :) I just wish they would do a general world wide release, 'cause we're all waiting! Unfortunately, Nokia doesn't seem to be saying anything. However, I hope it's soon as in, February soon. (Please Nokia, please.)
dream phone.....BUT ,i want higher screen res. and AUTOFOCUS!!.....of course i wouldn't mind if there is also a 512mb of RAM memory instead of 256mb,but that isn't such a problem like missing autofocus and low screen res!!
The Digital Compass
Some years ago I remember the excitement generated when a friend of mine showed me iPhones gotta have embedded app digital compass ... Wow! Gotta have one of those!
Then I got to thinking ... When would I need to use such an app ... Driving into town? Walking the dogs? Traversing the jungles of PNG? Finding my way home? Hmmmm
Reading comments on nearly every phone brand on gsmarena made me realize just how ridiculous our selection criteria has become ...
Whilst we anxiously wait the new dual core LG ... I submit the following ...
How many apps due you really download and use or even need?
How many apps do you push into the face of disinterested friends to brag about on your new iPhone 4? On many occasions I've had my life enriched even saved ... NOT!
I make the mistake of mumbling I wonder if the rain has stopped outside? ...
"I've got just the app for that as a weather radar map is shoved in my face!" Then check out this app ... "I can find where I parked my car using this cool parking app location finder!" Gee mate that's awesome!I then wander back to my car, which is strangely parked where i left it, wondering what useless app I could invent ...
Reading thru these comments I add this, for what it's worth ...
1. Phone selection is based on your personal needs not the opinion of someone else.
2. I have extensively used Nokia, iPhones, Blackberry, and Android OS based phones.
3. The Android operating whilst extremely fast and glitzy usually falls down with poor battery life ... Much of this stems from the fact you constantly play with the device, then when a call comes in you haven't got any juice left.
4. Many of the Android phones whilst beautiful to use indoors become reflective mirrors the moment you step outside or into a well lit room.
5. Nokia have managed to compromise well between functionality with symbian OS, well-made hardware and the most important thing ... BATTERY LIFE!
6. Whilst the never-ending battle rages on to create the fastest, hi spec, best sorted phone capable of almost cooking your breakfast ... It's the compromise between spec and battery life that counts!
7. Nokia's E7,on paper, has a lower spec screen than some, but the technology to coat it with a polarizer and real black is a big step forward for extended battery life.
8. The tweaking of Symbian has been part of Nokia's underlying desire to build phones that are reasonably smart and battery efficient.
9. Blackberrys and Nokia's are generally battery efficient.
10. Android and iPhones, in my household spend most their lives being re-charged!