dream phone.....BUT ,i want higher screen res. and AUTOFOCUS!!.....of course i wouldn't mind if there is also a 512mb of RAM memory instead of 256mb,but that isn't such a problem like missing autofocus and low screen res!!
The Digital Compass
Some years ago I remember the excitement generated when a friend of mine showed me iPhones gotta have embedded app digital compass ... Wow! Gotta have one of those!
Then I got to thinking ... When would I need to use such an app ... Driving into town? Walking the dogs? Traversing the jungles of PNG? Finding my way home? Hmmmm
Reading comments on nearly every phone brand on gsmarena made me realize just how ridiculous our selection criteria has become ...
Whilst we anxiously wait the new dual core LG ... I submit the following ...
How many apps due you really download and use or even need?
How many apps do you push into the face of disinterested friends to brag about on your new iPhone 4? On many occasions I've had my life enriched even saved ... NOT!
I make the mistake of mumbling I wonder if the rain has stopped outside? ...
"I've got just the app for that as a weather radar map is shoved in my face!" Then check out this app ... "I can find where I parked my car using this cool parking app location finder!" Gee mate that's awesome!I then wander back to my car, which is strangely parked where i left it, wondering what useless app I could invent ...
Reading thru these comments I add this, for what it's worth ...
1. Phone selection is based on your personal needs not the opinion of someone else.
2. I have extensively used Nokia, iPhones, Blackberry, and Android OS based phones.
3. The Android operating whilst extremely fast and glitzy usually falls down with poor battery life ... Much of this stems from the fact you constantly play with the device, then when a call comes in you haven't got any juice left.
4. Many of the Android phones whilst beautiful to use indoors become reflective mirrors the moment you step outside or into a well lit room.
5. Nokia have managed to compromise well between functionality with symbian OS, well-made hardware and the most important thing ... BATTERY LIFE!
6. Whilst the never-ending battle rages on to create the fastest, hi spec, best sorted phone capable of almost cooking your breakfast ... It's the compromise between spec and battery life that counts!
7. Nokia's E7,on paper, has a lower spec screen than some, but the technology to coat it with a polarizer and real black is a big step forward for extended battery life.
8. The tweaking of Symbian has been part of Nokia's underlying desire to build phones that are reasonably smart and battery efficient.
9. Blackberrys and Nokia's are generally battery efficient.
10. Android and iPhones, in my household spend most their lives being re-charged!
can any1 pls tell me When is it going to be released??...
i've been waiting since Ages!!...
Time 05.30am sunday 06/02/2011 and its still not out ,,mmmm reminds me of something,aarrggh yes the nokia n8.The n8 was supposed to be the new symbian fully polished and ready after mnths of work,,ha,still needs loads doing,still out of memory errors..Nokia do fantastic hardware and i love symbian but it needs streamlining..
Multitouch, digital compass, first nokia phone comes with GPU?
Nokia is crab tries to make a copycat of android phones.
Nokia E7 is already released @ indonesia with 6 months data plan contract:)
QWERTY keyboard means a full keyboard just like a computer has. you can look at your computer's keyboard and see that the first row is q w e r t y ;)
Anonymous, 05 Feb 2011hey i was wondering what does qwerty keyboard mean if someone please explain it to me it will ... moreQWERTY = a keyboard pattern which has a layout of a full keyboard
Q W E R T Y are the keys in sequence
hey i was wondering what does qwerty keyboard mean if someone please explain it to me it will be awsome
ryan, 04 Feb 2011dont talk rubbish...it e series...most of bussines man had their document / data in their pho... morewhat a logic .....for a '' bussines '' phone.
i know it is ''E'' series phone.
in your opinion ,the lack of memory slot mean '' bussines phon''....lol.
for your kind information......many E series phone has memory slot...
like my previous phone....
and now i have n900.......
they all have a memory slot and very perfect bussines phone so far.
so think twice befor write nad things.....ok.
memory slot mean, that you have a option for add some more space with your phone memory for a while or for ever.
i am a nokia fan.....i love nokia....but not bias.....like you.
I have iphon4, sgs, and prototype unit of se arc, and e7, if you see and read from the paper : yes iphon4 have the big resolution ; sgs have the super ; arc have bravia engine ; and the last e7 have cbd ; i've compare them ; with 1000 human eyes ; and the winner is e7 . . .
meysam, 04 Feb 2011i hope e7 be faster than n97!!i have n97 and it,s speed just drives me crazy!!i thing nokia mu... moreyou should study information of products more carefully, 1ghz is more processor speed than most of its competitors and will not hang up unless you fill the rom with rubbish, remember to shut down programmes when not in use to free up memory, nice job nokia
Anonymous, 03 Feb 2011Hiiii gsmarena nokia e7 already release in indonesiagood for u..mate....hope to hear any e7 review from indonesia soon....love and hope to hear good news from u all...perhaps somebody can share their experience with e7..
S.Rizwan, 04 Feb 2011The price of e7 is apx 600$ ...not 60$ ..ok.
so price vise 32gb will worth ......
even i ha... moredont talk rubbish...it e series...most of bussines man had their document / data in their phone..for security wise..incripted ..it market strategy.... no memory cad slot provided..have you ever read other comment before from other member..... know the phone funtion and purpose...
buy n97 .it has 32g plus 16g card for you convenient....
george, 04 Feb 2011REALLY!!!!!!If this is the best display you see on the market then you know nothing about smar... morehad you ever seen c6-01 before?..just look at it and you will know.............
alishr99, 04 Feb 2011this phone have the best display i've seen in the market i like itREALLY!!!!!!If this is the best display you see on the market then you know nothing about smartphones:))
i hope e7 be faster than n97!!i have n97 and it,s speed just drives me crazy!!i thing nokia must use better cpu 4 its products,more than 1 GHz