Vikas , 27 Jan 2011I m very Much thank full for ur valuable information. U have just impressed me with Such infor... moreNo prob, Vikas.
Some extra tips:
* Don't get silicone cover for this phone (get a soft plastic one instead).
The problem is the 2 big ports on the left side of the phone. Any case would have a pretty large hole on the left to accommodate the MicroSD and USB ports there. However, due to high elasticity of silicone, what you get is a really wobbly left side of the casing. It will annoy you eventually because it will wear out and become rather loose. I have tried both cheap chinese-knockoff silicone case and a premium CAPDASE one. Even though CAPDASE one is better, they both wear out and get loose quickly (few months usage)
* Some things you can do that will increase battery life (details can be easily googled):
- Turn off breathing light
- Turn off light notification
- Set connection to GSM (only use 3G when needed)
* If you're going to browse the web, use Opera instead. E71's built-in browser is not really efficient/intuitive.
* If you use calculator a lot, use one of these instead:
- Enhanced Calculator for S60
* If you're going to buy another charger, pay attention to the mA strength of your original charger. Anything lower than that will still charge your phone, but at a slower rate.
* Ovi program is still buggy. Some quirks:
- If you want to sync calendar to PC, you must have both the Ovi program and MS Outlook/Windows Live Calendar installed.
- For a lot of people (like me), syncing contacts to Ovi program in PC simply doesn't work.
- Due to these annoyances, I only installed Ovi program to update the phone's firmware (or you can use Nokia software Updater instead)
* You can, however, sync directly to Ovi on the web.
- Register for Ovi account in ovi.com.
- Go to the Contacts page, click on the "Add a device" link on bottom left section. Pick your device and "Next". Put in your phone number and timezone. It will then give you a PIN, take note of it.
- Ovi will send you an sms. This sms contains setting for your E71. Insert the PIN (taken from the webpage), then the use the sms to save Ovi setting in your phone.
- Now on your E71, go to Menu - Tools - Sync. You will now have Ovi sync as another choice (the first choice is PC Suite)
- You can now sync directly to Ovi on the web. Both Calendar and Contacts. Why so complicated? It's because all these Ovi features only came out after E71 was released, so things don't really come preconfigured out of the box, unfortunately.
How is The sound Quality in earphone..........?
PLz reply Thanx......
howz the live video streaming in e71?
WeWillSeeHowNokiaGoe, 25 Jan 2011"as U told "Newer isn't always better" so it does not sense to wait till mid Fe... moreI m very Much thank full for ur valuable information. U have just impressed me with Such information..
I cross checked the Specs Of E5 & I found that might have Faster processor & RAM but still having Hanging issues & good no. of people are recommended to not to buy...
Next I cross checked the Talk time In Nokia India website & I found showing 1250 Mh
Continuous Talk time is 7h 30m much lesser than E71 so I m making Mind to Go for a Great Experience with E71 & join the E71 Family ....
Thanks is not sufficient word to express my feelings of gratitude.....
But still I have the same word to Say....Thank You...
& Plz send me all other Important Site address So that I can use Most out of it .....
Thank You Friend...
Thanks a Lotttttt....
shaq, 27 Jan 2011i wnt a phone among e71,c6 and 5800xm,i want nice browsing.......If u want a phone only for browsing among the three u mentioned then 5800Xpress music is the best.
kosen, 27 Jan 2011does ram helps in browsing?absolutely RAM is required for any task u do on a smartphone...and browsing on E71 is flawless except for the adobe flashplayer stuff which cant be upgraded.
marg, 27 Jan 2011does e71 have its own anti virus.. i am kinda worried to download anything.. afraid that my ... moreno e71 dont have an antivirus inbuilt but u can download any antivirus from the ovi store and install it.
does e71 have its own anti virus.. i am kinda worried to download anything.. afraid that my phone might have get viruses.. pls inform me.. i am a new user of e71 just this week bought it..
does ram helps in browsing?
HSDPA(High Speed Downlink Packet Access)which means u can downlink(download from network) the data packets at a very high speed compared to ur EDGE network..and UMTS is also known as WCDMA it is also similar to HSDPA but its speed is kind of lower than HSDPA.In HSDPA speeds starts from 3.6Mbps in E71 and 10.2Mbps in E72& nokia N8 and can extend upto any speed depending upon ur device specifications mentioned by the manufacturer.I owe an nokia E71 and HSDPA for it is 3.6Mbps which means the HSDPA reciever built into the handset can pull the packets from the network@ this speed and i personally get an speed of 310Kbps on my phone & 271Kbps on BSNL 3G network in india.
i wnt a phone among e71,c6 and 5800xm,i want nice browsing.......
the best ever e series phn ......u can go 4 it eyes closed ........only thng i dun like abt it is the 2.5 mm jack
[deleted post]just go to folder "connectivity" and find WLAN there and when u see the WLAN click options and if any free wifi is in range just choose "start web browsing"
panu po mg open
ng internet s ganitong unit
..pwede po ba bigyan nyo ako ng directory?????
panu po mg open m
ng internet s ganitong unit
chahal, 26 Jan 2011the best ever nokia smart phone it has pdf file reader and s60 9series operting system and ca... moreI agree,the best ever nokia smart phone!!!! THE BEST EVER SMART PHONE!!!! it's a mini computer.
j-j, 26 Jan 2011ahmm ill tell you the difference between e71 nad c6, e71 - very useful in internet browsing... morethanx bt c6 was released in 2010 and e71 in 2008,so is this will make any difference?
had this phone for 18 month never let me down once recomend it to anyone
the best ever nokia smart phone
it has pdf file reader and s60 9series operting system and camera quelity is best then nokia n95
I'm searching for a new cel in my country and I was interessed on dual chip (EX115), but I'm thinking about other possibility: buy a smartphone.
E71 is one of my possibilities (I haven't cash to buy better cell), anyway, I would like a cell with cool interface and I want to know about this aspect: the original interface is like the pictures? that could be upgraded? exist cool interfaces for this phone?
Sorry for my english and thank you so much.