I am a proud owner of an E71 for exactly two years now.
I bought it when it first came out.
This is a great phone
1. Form Factor. Design is the best
2. Screen. Of course, others will say the screen isn't good because of the pixel size. But my point is: of course the pixel size will be low because the screen is small. You don't expect it to have 640 x 480 when it's not even more than 3 inches diagonally. Judge the screen based on its merits for its size. The screen is fantastic. Colors are very brilliant. After two years of use, the display still makes me feel I own a brand new phone.
2. Keyboard. The littlest difference in key sizes between and E71 and an E72 spells a marked difference. E72 is easier to type in. But it doesn't mean E71 is a downer. It's not. Typing here is fabulous because they keys have very good travel and the tactile feedback is nice. I type fast in my Iphone but I always end up using my E71 when jotting notes and writing in Quickoffice word. Physical keyboard is always better and the E71 does a good job with its keyboard implementation.
3. Quickoffice. You can edit and read docs,excel, ppt and it comes with the box. Other Nokia products you have to upgrade it so you could edit. Here, it's free. Very good really especially WORD.
4. Mail for exchange is top notch. By this alone, I am planning to buy a new E71 before Nokia stops manufacturing it. E71 messaging and email is top notch. I have unlimited data plan so I am practically just using my E71 as an email device. I use another phone for call and text. E71 keeps me updated, the calendar syncing is fantastic.
5. The price. 2 years ago I paid 21000 for this device when it was first launched. Now it's 12000 and with a build quality and zippy performance like this, you should never miss out on E71 when thinking of buying a new phone.
6. Caters to everyone. For those who are not business savvy and won't use it for emailing, you still WIN because your E71 is an eyecandy. With the metal finish, the E71 trumps every other phone in terms of looks. You can ditch the messaging capability if you don't want it but you still end up having a better looking phone compared to the rest of the pack and for a cheap price range.
And anytime you want to use its fabulous messaging/e mail capability, you are sure not to be disappointed. E71 is better than the blackberries there.
7. Camera has autofocus and macro shots. Macro shot is a gift for those who want to take notes quickly from a book or the internet (monitor screen). You just take a picture and you have your quick reference. No need to write it down. The macro shot is fabulous. I have a full album of documents I took snapshots of for a particular topic. This keeps me well informed and comes in handy when I try to recall them.
1. GPS.....hard to lock a satellite signal. And I mean awfully hard. In fact i just used it for less than 10 times throughout the two year period I had it. I have A GPS and still....poor signal locking.
2. Camera in low light conditions. Zebra lines appear diagonally on the left side of my camera in low light.I know it's a module defect. I have replaced it with another when it was still in warranty but still zebra lines appear. Seems Nokia didn't bother to tighten quality control for the camera modules of E71.
3. Now, the browser. Two years ago, the browser was still passable. Now with other phones having zippy internet browsing, I kinda feel left out with the slow loading of pages. Rendering is good but when page is content heavy, it really is slow. Safari does a better job for the same internet connection. Well, E71 only has around 110MB RAM so I'm not really complaining that much.
THE PROS OUTWEIGH THE CONS. WITH THE LOW PRICE TAG OF THE E71, IT IS MUCH BETTER TO BUY ONE NOW. IN MY CASE, MAYBE AGAIN.
Dear all, Please can someone kindly advise if i can upgrade the software on my E71. Its quite a good phone but it hangs very often. Please kindly assist.
Tom, 14 Oct 2010My friend just found this phone in hotel someone forgot it
can he reuse it?Tom,
Your friend is a lucky guy. I spent $450 on it last year.
He can use it but he has to be careful as it may have the mobile tracker on. He should power it off and on. You never know the owner may have put his name and address in the Welcome Note that appears just before the SIM logs into the server. There is no point in using someone else's phone and then getting caught for it. It is culpable.
Aman marwah, 12 Oct 2010themes are only installed after downloading from da ovi store..downloading themes from zedge a... morenah you have to go to Settings, Applications then App. manager, then on
1.Software Installation select All
2. Online certificate check turn it Off
the will work
and i think you can also go to
www.ownskin.com or m.ownskin.com
ira, 13 Oct 2010u guy think e71 ok or not...coz i want buy this phone??the phone is cool hey....
I had this phone and it was a wonderful phone oneday it just stopped working it refused to switch on. So I took it to vodaphone and Nokia they were never able to detect what the fault was. Also it had a tendency of just jamming. A call would come through and when you are trying to pick the call it will just jam. Not a too good phone if you asked me.
yes the paint does peel on the directional pad... so to replace it, u have to buy a new keypad... But the phone is really great.... Compare it to a blackberry, and you can watch videos on youtube...
My friend just found this phone in hotel someone forgot it
can he reuse it?
does any of the chrome paint peel like the directional pad? please answer
does this fone give any problems?
with speakers or camera or software probs?
pls reply soon...
natalie j, 07 Oct 2010i think i might have downloaded wrong theme for my e71..and my mobile can't go to menu,calls..... morei encounted the same problem. what u nd to do is restart the device. for permanent solution, remove/delete what u've downloaded.