can everyone of you here suggest me which phone to buy, E72 , E71 &E63?
can this phone skype and video calling?
the secondary camera wasn't at in front, is it?
i m using this phone frm one and half years, it is wonderful phone including all features like 3G,WiFi,Qwerty keypad, java games and applications,slim, steel body etc... battery life is superb and sound quality is also good... thus i can say i'm loving it..
e71 sucks. it often times error sending messages.problem always 'memory full'
The E71 was one of the very best handsets to come out of Nokia factories in 2008 and still is. So it is only right that we utilise its functionality to the absolute hilt and try and make the E71 even more efficient.
Here is a long list of must know tips and tricks for the E71 which you will not find anywhere. You might already know a few but if you are new to S60 and the E71 in particular, I’m sure this will make for a happy start to the E71.
STICKY FUNCTION KEY – A quick double press on the bottom left ‘function’ key locks it. This is helpful in situations when you need to press a combination of keys or in applications like Gmail which can be controlled via the keypad.
1-800-WHATEVER – To dial 1-800-WHATEVER: type 1800, hit Fn, then Shift twice, type WHATEVER, and press the Call/Green key to dial. (The idea is to type in the alphabet mode in CAPITAL letters ONLY). The alphabets will automatically be converted to numbers.
ONE TOUCH MUTE – You can simply mute a call by press the button between the volume keys present on the right hand side of the phone. Press it again to cancel the mute.
REMAP THE KEYS – There are times when you feel certain keys on the E71 are being wasted when they could have come in very handy. For example, the volume keys would work wonderfully with the web browser to scroll pages or in your music player and the mute key could work as select. Make that happen.
TIME & DATE – When the phone is in the locked state and the screen is blank, hit the Navi Button to display the time and date in a large font.
TEXT MESSAGES – When in the standby mode, hold down left soft key to read out new text messages.
ASSIGN SHORTCUTS - If you have a lot of applications installed on your E71, you might want to assign additional shortcuts to different applications by definying a set of keypresses with an application called Cute Keys.
As a follow up to the above tips, here are a few shortcuts that you should enjoy. I have highlighted some of the lesser known ones.
To get to a symbol or number hold down its key.
Shift + Backspace deletes letters after the cursor, thus imitating the behavior of the ‘Delete’ key on the computer.
In the Main Menu:
A B C D
E F G H
I J K L
To open A press 1, 2 for B, 3 for C, * for D, 4 for E, 5 for F and so on.
* Fn + Ctrl + C to copy.
* Fn + Ctrl + V to paste.
* Shift + Left ( or Right ) to select text.
* Ctrl + Up for page up.
* Ctrl + Down for page down.
* Ctrl + Vowels ( or n ) for accented characters like á or ñ.
T to focus.
* Green Call to send the image.
* Fn + * for full screen.
* Fn + 7 to zoom in. Press twice for the full screen size.
* Fn + 4 to scroll left while in the zoomed image.
* Fn + 5 to zoom in.
* Fn + 3 to rotate right.
* Fn + 2 to scroll up while in the zoomed image.
* Fn + 1 to rotate left.
* Fn + 0 to zoom out.
* Hold * to activate/deactivate Bluetooth.
* Hold 0 to go to the web browser.
* Left Soft Key then Fn ( or * ) locks the keypad.
* Hold End/Red to disconnect all data connections.
* Hold Left Soft Key to read out new text messages.
* Shift + Return to mark/unmark a single message.
* Shift + Down to mark multiple items.
* Fn + Spacebar in new message body to access input (predictive text, etc.) options.
* Shift to zoom in.
* Backspace to zoom out.
* Space to go to the current position.
* Fn + 2 for full screen.
* Hold Up for fast forward.
* Hold Down for rewind.
* 1 for bookmarks.
* 2 to find something on a page.
* 3 to return to the previous page.
* 5 to tab open windows.
* * to zoom in.
* # to zoom out.
* 8 for page overview.
* 9 to go to a different web page.
* 0 to got to the homepage.
* Hit the Backspace key to close the current window.
Confused buyer, 09 Sep 2010can anyone tell me which is better? NOKIA E71 or NOKIA E72... I cant decide between these two. e72
i have had this phone for a day n i have had a good time its a nice phone n i love it
but i hav a prob dat when i open the camera it says dat unexpected error occurred power off the device n restart
but when i restart it n den switch on the cam it still says the same so plz tell me wats d prob n how du i correct it plz help me
wat abt the camera quality and internet speed.is this 4n will get heat when we use it for abt 30min?
Prashant, 09 Sep 2010which one is best E71 or BB8520 Curve, im not able to decide plz help meIt da e71
Prashant, 09 Sep 2010which one is best E71 or BB8520 Curve, im not able to decide plz help meDear Prashanth,
E71 is very best....... go with this one.
Hey Is there any problem in the nokia ovi music website?..m nt able to open the links through my laptop..links are broken..i want to download ovi music and its not working.
Confused buyer, 09 Sep 2010can anyone tell me which is better? NOKIA E71 or NOKIA E72... I cant decide between these two.
Nokia e71 is the best
This is a good messaging device: Please find below its pros and cons:
* Good messaging (Even while ur dictionary is on, still you can type in english for a tamil or other language word) - Applies to Mail and SMS
* Active Sync is good, but at times for corporate MS Exchange mail accounts, it will force to Password Protect, you can bypass it though.
* Battery is good while on call/standby/music.
* Very slim and gives the best business look. You can configure your desktop as the way you want (No. of applications, shortcuts)
* It has Office Applications (Excel is good, WORD, PDF and others), bar code reader also bundled.
* The new releases are bundled with IBM Lotus Notes Travel mate application for active Sync.
CONS: (No big issues, still this is a great mobile and worth the price. you will really like it)
* For no reason, there is no direct way to insert smiley's., Since they have branded this as a business phone, they have removed the smileys too?
* The contact image which you can set for your contacts wont show up in full screen while incoming calls? Its of no use to give the provisions for contact image in this case :(
* By default, the active key is set to the first application short cut., i.e., for ex., if you have got 3 missed calls, then you cant directly read them in a single key press :( as the active key wiu ll be in the application shortcut bar, you need to key down and navigate to the missed calls popup to see them. (Requires 2-3 key press to see the alerts (missed calls, new msgs)
have had this phone for two years now, along with many others like the "famous" E72, E52, E55, E66, E63, N96, N97, etc....
It's simply the BEST!
So, if you want to stay with Nokia, DO GET ONE E71!
You'll never regret!
Prashant, 09 Sep 2010which one is best E71 or BB8520 Curve, im not able to decide plz help meNokia E71 has ore things then the BBCURVE8520
rakhi sharma , 10 Sep 2010E71 is really a cool phone even i want 2 buy it its really a gud phone...love it,,,,