This is a good messaging device: Please find below its pros and cons:
* Good messaging (Even while ur dictionary is on, still you can type in english for a tamil or other language word) - Applies to Mail and SMS
* Active Sync is good, but at times for corporate MS Exchange mail accounts, it will force to Password Protect, you can bypass it though.
* Battery is good while on call/standby/music.
* Very slim and gives the best business look. You can configure your desktop as the way you want (No. of applications, shortcuts)
* It has Office Applications (Excel is good, WORD, PDF and others), bar code reader also bundled.
* The new releases are bundled with IBM Lotus Notes Travel mate application for active Sync.
CONS: (No big issues, still this is a great mobile and worth the price. you will really like it)
* For no reason, there is no direct way to insert smiley's., Since they have branded this as a business phone, they have removed the smileys too?
* The contact image which you can set for your contacts wont show up in full screen while incoming calls? Its of no use to give the provisions for contact image in this case :(
* By default, the active key is set to the first application short cut., i.e., for ex., if you have got 3 missed calls, then you cant directly read them in a single key press :( as the active key wiu ll be in the application shortcut bar, you need to key down and navigate to the missed calls popup to see them. (Requires 2-3 key press to see the alerts (missed calls, new msgs)
have had this phone for two years now, along with many others like the "famous" E72, E52, E55, E66, E63, N96, N97, etc....
It's simply the BEST!
So, if you want to stay with Nokia, DO GET ONE E71!
You'll never regret!
Prashant, 09 Sep 2010which one is best E71 or BB8520 Curve, im not able to decide plz help meNokia E71 has ore things then the BBCURVE8520
rakhi sharma , 10 Sep 2010E71 is really a cool phone even i want 2 buy it its really a gud phone...love it,,,,
Confused buyer, 09 Sep 2010can anyone tell me which is better? NOKIA E71 or NOKIA E72... I cant decide between these two. Both phone are excellent, but I will choose E72
One of the best phones u can rely on in terms of everything be it music,camera,internet games & other applications...... Hmmmm E71 will definately meet all ur requirements however if u hav 5000 more to shell out from ur pocket for a 5 megapixel phone move on to E72.
i bought nokia e72 3months ago..and my sister is using nokia e71 9 for months.. i must let you know and aware that please think twice to buy this phone e72.. its really a beautiful phone..but e71 is better..promise.
price of nokia e72 as of september 2010 here in the philippines is 16,500. and the nokia e71 is 12,500..i decided to buy e72 because i thought it is better because its more expensive.but no no no....keypad is not good,it also always hang,yes, im sure that my e72 is original,with ntc,warranty.etc..logo..but it still hang,im suffering now,i want e71 its better..
the upper keypad of e72 is ''kawang kawangan'' style.i thought its better.i want more expensive to be sosyal. reason why i neglected e71..but no i cant believe this.i want to commit suicide now.oh my god.please buy nokia e71 instead of e72..its the reality.infairness to e72 maybe its because of its program.but thats not an excuse.when i will have 16,000 again..i want to cry..harhahaharharaha..
well just by looking at the specs its e72... but the manly looks its the e71.... but at the end of the day it is still your decision
Confused buyer, 09 Sep 2010can anyone tell me which is better? NOKIA E71 or NOKIA E72... I cant decide between these two.
E72 is better . .
which one is best E71 or BB8520 Curve, im not able to decide plz help me
6 days battery life on GSM use,pictures,messaging,music,phone calls
If u don t have one , buy one!
can anyone tell me which is better? NOKIA E71 or NOKIA E72... I cant decide between these two.
[deleted post]Yes to all except creating and editing pdf files. You can read it though.
(this review considers Indian users only)
Hey...dis the best fone to be used for texting and surfing purpose...3G technology is still at entry level in india...dats why this devil cant show off its power.
We shld stop comparing e71 with any other phone..bcse every phone has its own pupose..like we can say sony is best for music and pics...motorola for its sturdy and long lasting life..samsung is best for design and specially price..(it gives everything to youth in affordable price).
In similar way the E71 is for business pupose; its not the best one but its the best buy for its specification.
It provides u GSM / 3G channels..good clarity camera..here its a phone and not a cam..so cam n music are secondary.but its cracks the expectation and deliver better than what expected.
its qwerty kepad easy to be used for those who spend most of their time in frnt of laptop / desktop.
It has amzing talk time life..and as per the declared mine phone serves 10.5 hrs talk time....(jst talk time no gaming no music).
about browsing / mailing /chatting...it is as good as basic configuration desktop.
u can create ur presentation when you are traveling..u can read or documents reports.upload download thing.
what we need more in 12,000/-
in the same price we are getting classic camera, cdplayer, or add few thousand more and buy netpad....
but they want be able to do the things which this tiny device is doing....
I am happy with my nokia E71....few year back i switched to samsung...but back to my choice frm E63.
n i have kept ma all old nokia fones even my 3310 which was bought 10 years back n ma frst fone is still working fine....
Georgi, 06 Sep 2010E71 or 5800 xpress music? I like both and cannot really decide :( Seems like 5800 battery is... moreE71, not choice 5800, y bought 5800 and its lagy phone, you cant confugure nothing in comparison whith other nokia phones and you cant use that without see the screen, the e71 is ten times better than 5800