If you are satisfied with E71 why are you so annoyed.
You can go through the comments and raise questions if you have any doubts about improving the the funtionality of your phone.
You seems to be bothered to read about my comments about 3.5mm jack and torchlight because it is missing in your phone.
But you failed to read why I posted my comments. These comments are for those you have not yet bought E71 and they have right to know about views of people who have used this unit.
It ia not a compulsion to agree with anyones experience. But if they can get a few hints about the handset they can decide correctly which model to go for.
So stop screaming and enjoy your E71. If you want to improve the funtionality of your phone raise questions. I will be more than happy to help you.
Afterall software, processor, physique of E63 and E71 is same. Whatever software will work on E63 will definitely work on E71 too.
So my dear brother. Be nice to people and they will be nice to you. You dont have to scream to prove the superiority of your phone. You know what your phone is capable of. Be happy.
Have a nice day.
Rajesh, 29 Sep 2009Hi Anonymous, Dont be so confused. You will never understand the difference because you hav... moreHey! i know what this phone can and cannot do....while u're so obsessed with your torchlight, i'm busy with nokia messaging,wifi..looking for free 3rd party appln....by the way, if u don't how to use e71 camera functions, just shut the hell up...obviously u don't know a bloody thing besides torchlight and how slooow your INDO or whatever service u have in your country.....no 3.5mm? i can always use adaptor, and scratches? what are u? a 5 yr old kid? and what happened to the leather case that came with the box? ....my e71 plays divx files just fine...i don't need that Blueberry Jam to play divx files.....i came to this forum to look for people who are generous enough to share their knowledge on how to get the best out of this phone.....and why don't u go to e63 forum and spread the good things u found out about ur great e63.....don't criticise,just share good things...afterall, it's just a phone.
Friends, some shocking facts about E72.
On E72 Nokia has preferred to have a keyboard layout similar to E63. I mean keys are a bit bigger and positioning horizontal and vertical is 99.99% similar to E63. E71 keys are tiny and raised upwards to give a tacticle feel. However finally E63 keyboard wins the race.
Also with E72 is included 3.5mm jack and torch.
Rest all features as I explained if you need 3.5G and GPS you may choose E71. But you will have to live with worst camera and scratch prone steel body.
Please read all my posts as you may find them helpfull to make a final decession.
Have a nice day.
Dont be so confused. You will never understand the difference because you have not used E63.
However if you dont mind your E71 getting scratches over its steel body and if you are satisfied with the camera which has been included with E71 and if you dont mind if your mobile does not have a 3.5mm jack than dont even think further.
But my dear Wak kang friend, to open up your eyes I want to divert your attention towards Blackberry BOLD 9000. YES YES now you will start thinking. This model is a super hit all over the world. WILL YOU ATLEAST AGREE THAT BLACKBERRY BOLD IS A BUSINESS PHONE.
Now, Blackberry Bold 9000 does have 3.5mm jack. It does have a much better camera than E71. It does come with software capability to play divx files. Now you ask yourself why the hell does a business phone have those multimedia features.
Now why did NOKIA include 3.5mm jack and torch with E72 which is about to be released in few days.
Hope this will justify my statements given about E71. Some people never learn and will never allow others to learn too.
Please keep your E71 with. It is a most beautifull set. BE HAPPY. Please do not misguide others who want to understand the fact about a gadget which is going to be their trusted companion.
Have a nice day.
what is so interesting abt e63 anyway? ....all the things brought up by this guy wak kang from INDONESIA failed miserably to convince me that his bloody phone is better than e71.
This Phone is so Usefull its like i cant Live Without it, the camera is acually good, but you have to get the Settings right ot you'll end up with some ugly Photos. the best thing is i only paid £90 for a nearly new one.
But i cant Wait to get hold of a E72.
E72 is about to be released worldwide.
It has all the features of E71, it is more slimmer, it has 3,5mm jack for music headphones, it has torch and it comes equipped with 5 mpx camera. RAM has been doubled and it runs on 600 mhz processor. Keypad has been defined with more care to match up to some extent against Blackberry Bold.
Performance, yet to be tested. Only if it is available will we be able to judge its capability, shortcomings or likings.
But dont forget the rule. Spend only if you need those features. There are so many other devices from various manufactures like SonyEricsson, Samsung, LG which are on edge of being thrown into market with killing features and options.
October and November is going to be a month of new technology and innovations. Old models are bound to be slashed pricewise and dumped in mass market at give away price to clear the stocks and make way to new Heroes.
Have a nice day.
To all friends,
It seems that my review about E71 has ofended a few E71 users. But please do not get it wrong.
My reviews are based on real term fact finding survey to guide many who are lost in the world of hype and fantasy.
ALL THAT GLITTERS IS NOT GOLD
If you go through my reviews and comments, you will find in depth facts.
This creates 2 groups of users. 1) Who go for the looks and overhyped features and 2) Who really finds out if those stated features will benefit them in their daily lives and would justify the price differnce they are gulping to own a High End Device.
1) I found looks of E71 finest in the world. But the steel and finest construction could not stand against minor exposure and started showing tiny scratches. NOKIA SHOULD HAVE USED BRUSHED METAL (NOT GLOSSY FINISH)
2) Camera should have been included atleast of same quality as E51 or E63. But included is 3.2 mp camera which is not capable of even taking as good pictures as E63. Auto focus does'nt do its job. Macro mode does not work and took distorted and Garbled pics
3) They included a very poor sound quality. E63 rocks in that department too.
4) Wi Fi is included in E71 as well as E63. But please tell me how many times we find Wi Fi zone when we desperately need it. Ultimately 3G is the only option we opt and it works great.
5) GPS, how many times we use GPS as service provided in countries like Indonesia, India is so poor and so costly. Really I find this useful to only few how lives in developed countries like USA, Europe, Australia and some developed countries in Asia like Singapore, Korea, Japan etc.
6) HSDPA or in simple terms you call it 3,5G. If you are a live streaming fan and if your operator is offering you a moderate flat rate for unlimited video streaming, its a nice feature to have.
7) All in All I find E63 far capable enough to accomplish my daily requirements and above all it has 2 great additional features like torch and nice music add on 3.5mm jack which allows me to use my Sennheiser and enjoy the music.
Friends please decide taking these considerations. I am sharing my views and this might be usefull to some and might be a crap to many as it is a human nature.
Have a nice day.
Well age has got nothing to do with the handset. The facts wont change. I could be 20 or 50. Does it make any difference about the quality of the phone.
By the way, you have not even mentioned your name. You call yourself anonymus. But you want to know even the age of other person. How sweet.
Hi Aniket, you are a E71 patriot. The feelings get hurt when you realise that your most trusted ownership deceived you in someway.
But if you call my opinion or my review a bluff, please do prove it that I have bluffed. I have mentioned point by point comparision.
Please prove me wrong. I promise you that I will take back my words and will appologize to E71 fans.
I got hurt too when my E71 proved to be lacking in a few departments I mentioned. I really was a proud owner of E71 but than realised I trusted a cat to be a tiger.
You are very right that a machine chooses the owner. I am a proud owner of E63 now. Economical and feature rich.
For your info, E63 in Indonesia cost USD 270 because Indonesia is a very expensive country. In other parts of the world E71 now cost only USD 290.
I stick to my words, prove me wrong I will buy E71 again. Just by doing a few angry comments wont change a fact that E71 is lacking in a few departments and it costed me USD 390 to buy this set. I lost USD 50 when I sold it in just 8 days.
Rajesh, 29 Sep 2009Hi friends, I owned this phone for 8 days. First 2 days I was pround to hold this phone in my ... moreRajesh.. boy u deserve an e63 not an e73 convergence device. The machines chooses its man.. n ur e63 chose u n e71 rejectedu.. go bluff on e63 brother.. this game aint for u.. E for ECONOMY
Hi friends, I owned this phone for 8 days. First 2 days I was pround to hold this phone in my hand. Then I came to realise that the steel casing and nice looks have fooled me.
when I started to use this phone to take my family pictures I realised how ugly can a camera be on this beautiful set. There are people who will tell you if you want a camera phone take N sereies. I want to ask, who say that if you choose a business phone you sre not entitled to get a good camera. I dont expect high end cameras like carl zeis but atleast it should be a good camera which allows you to capture decent pictures when you need them.
Here is my analysis comparing E71 which I sold and E63 what I bought.
1) E71 has beautifull looks. But after 4 or 5 days I noticed tiny scratches which started to appear on my Black steel E71. E63 has stayed same as I bought even after 1 week of use.
2) E71 the ugliest camera on E series. E63 not so good and not so ugly.
3) E71 has GPS, I dont need it. If I am lost in any area I find it much faster to ask people on the street than to log in GPS and search on the map. Indonesian providers are soooooo expensive and soooo slow to provide you instant access on GPS.
4) E71 has 3,5 G and E63 has normal 3G. You need HSDPA or 3,5 G only if you want to do some live streaming etc. Let me tell you AGAIN that Indonesia providers are soooo slow and soooo expensive if you want to do streaming. Even if you register yourself under a flat rate you pay USD 15 a month. NO USE ...
5) E71 has a front camera for camera conferencing. Indonesia is even worse in this area. If I am on 1 provider and if I make a video call to my friend registered with another provider video conferencing doesnt work. So only 50% use which you may not mind not to have.
6) E71 looks good in pictures and also in real. But be carefull not to expose it to scratch prone use. Cover it in a silk cloth. Even a silicon or plastic cover easily scratch it. Whereas E63 looks ugly in pictures but look excellent when you hold it in your hand. Go for Black or Blue. Red looks like a toy phone made for Ladies or children. I got Blue as Black reminded me of bad memories of black coloured E71. I wanted to take a fresh breath of relief from E71.
7) On E63 you are in 2 plus and would make any E71 user be jealous. 1 is the torch funtion. Looks simple but of great use in areas where there is a regular power cut. It also comes handy in many cases for example you dropped something beneath the car seat. The lights in the car are not enough to locate it beneath the car seat but E63 can comes to your rescue and you dont need to carry the torch with you. LAST BUT NOT THE LEAST in E63 you got a 3.5mm jack for sennheiser headphone. 90% of the population on this planet earth loves music and hearing it on you mobile device with great headsets is much better experience. Let me tell you a secret. When I hear a music in my car I love it as I have a nice set of speakers attached. But when I hear the same music through my E63 I adore it. WHY??? Because at that leisure time I am more relaxed and Sennheiser headphones are so good that you dont miss even a tiny sound or beat when you hear a good number.
8) I find E63 battery to last 1 day or more longer than E71. That could be my impression because I am too E63 pro and too E71 anti. Maybe but I think its right as E63 uses normal 3G whereas E71 used 3,5G which chews battery.
9) When you by E63 you save USD 100 because of a price difference.
Choice is yours. Have a Nice day.
Dear All, have you been able to download yahoo on the E71? and skype?
i bought this fone 1 weak ago...........and its very good........music quality is decent. but the camera is poor........................
Peter le, 21 Sep 2009Hi,i have Nokia E71,Its unlock phone, i can use GPS, i don't know do i need to download someth... moreGPS is useful feature, if you have internet connection, down load nokia maps or Google maps, it uses GPS. and GPS gives navigation information. GPS was already installed. while you are moving u just open your gps/gps data/navigation and set your destination, then you will know all about GPS.ok.
Peter le, 21 Sep 2009Am sorry, ican't use GPSu really don't know to use GPS.