I had the freezing problem...whenever i wanted to go into the "menu" it froze and after a feew second (a relatively looong time, 5 or 6 seconds) it was okay again. when i was inside the menu it was okay, but waiting to get there was a pain... anyway, ive put on the new version of the software and the problem has vanished into thin air=))) now it is totally bug free=) never collapses, even when im listening to music, playing a game and there is g.maps or another app waiting for me in the background...its processor can manage anything u throw at it! the only thing i havent figured out is the push email service, because i have it ON and it still wont forward me my email from my google account, i have to connect manually and then i can receive it... another thing is the camera, its terrible with normal everyday use, but its f* awesome when u take pictures of documents!!! i think as it is a kind of a business phone the camera is enough and okay...
giorgio, 21 Jan 2009I would like to buy a new phone and I narrowed down my choices to E71 and 5800. Which one woul... moreGo for E71. It has full keyboard and very convinient for typing and lot other good feature which 5800 does not have. Please do not go for touchscreen phones. It is very difficult for writing anything.
Can E71 type using the number pads same as other phone which does not have QWERTY keypads?
Currently I am using N73 and have got used to write SMS using keypads. But the QWERTY keypads on E71 are best to use during internet browsing or some documents editing etc.
Ritu, 21 Jan 2009The camera quatity is not good!!!!I tried ti do automatic settings ,even manual settings to im... moreI wouldn't consider myself too much with the camera performance. It's a business oriented phone therefore the lack of camera quality is not surprising.
I would like to buy a new phone and I narrowed down my choices to E71 and 5800. Which one would you recommend keeping in mind that they have the same technical specs( apart from the 5800's touchscreen). Thanks!
Actually, this phone DOES have infrared
The camera quatity is not good!!!!I tried ti do automatic settings ,even manual settings to improve the performance of the camera ,but still nothing improved
heyyy guyss... plz tel if the made by nokia e71 is gud because iam planing buying ????
any1 usin a made by nokia e71 ?
I bought the E71 last Decemeber and I have had no issues what so ever. It is simply fantastic. Great battery, great looks and all the features to back it up. Blackberry's are or should be yesterdays news with this new bad boy on the scene
GUYS I HOPE SOME OF THESE TIPS WILL BE OF HELP TO U ALL
The E71 was one of the very best handsets to come out of Nokia factories in 2008 and the best ever in my book. So it is only right that we utilise its functionality to the absolute hilt and try and make the E71 even more efficient.
Here is a long list of must know tips and tricks for the E71. You might already know a few but if you are new to S60 and the E71 in particular, I’m sure this will make for a happy start to the E71 new year!
* STICKY FUNCTION KEY – A quick double press on the bottom left ‘function’ key locks it. This is helpful in situations when you need to press a combination of keys or in applications like Gmail which can be controlled via the keypad.
* 1-800-WHATEVER - To dial 1-800-WHATEVER: type 1800, hit Fn, then Shift twice, type WHATEVER, and press the Call/Green key to dial. (The idea is to type in the alphabet mode in CAPITAL letters ONLY). The alphabets will automatically be converted to numbers.
* ONE TOUCH MUTE – You can simply mute a call by press the button between the volume keys present on the right hand side of the phone. Press it again to cancel the mute.
* REMAP THE KEYS - There are times when you feel certain keys on the E71 are being wasted when they could have come in very handy. For example, the volume keys would work wonderfully with the web browser to scroll pages or in your music player and the mute key could work as select. Make that happen.
* TIME & DATE – When the phone is in the locked state and the screen is blank, hit the Navi Button to display the time and date in a large font.
* TEXT MESSAGES – When in the standby mode, hold down left soft key to read out new text messages.
* ASSIGN SHORTCUTS - If you have a lot of applications installed on your E71, you might want to assign additional shortcuts to different applications by definying a set of keypresses with an application called Cute Keys. Learn how here.
As a follow up to the above tips, here are a few shortcuts that you should enjoy. I have highlighted some of the lesser known ones.
* To get to a symbol or number hold down its key.
* Shift + Backspace deletes letters after the cursor, thus immitating the behavior of the ‘Delete’ key on the computer.
* In the Main Menu:
A B C D
E F G H
I J K L
To open A press 1, 2 for B, 3 for C, * for D, 4 for E, 5 for F and so on.
* Fn + Ctrl + C to copy.
* Fn + Ctrl + V to paste.
* Shift + Left ( or Right ) to select text.
* Ctrl + Up for page up.
* Ctrl + Down for page down.
* Ctrl + Vowels ( or n ) for accented characters like á or ñ.
* T to focus.
* Green Call to send the image.
* Fn + * for full screen.
* Fn + 7 to zoom in. Press twice for the full screen size.
* Fn + 4 to scroll left while in the zoomed image.
* Fn + 5 to zoom in.
* Fn + 3 to rotate right.
* Fn + 2 to scroll up while in the zoomed image.
* Fn + 1 to rotate left.
* Fn + 0 to zoom out.
* Hold * to activate/deactivate Bluetooth.
* Hold 0 to go to the web browser.
* Left Soft Key then Fn ( or * ) locks the keypad.
* Hold End/Red to disconnect all data connections.
* Hold Left Soft Key to read out new text messages.
* Shift + Return to mark/unmark a single message.
* Shift + Down to mark multiple items.
* Fn + Spacebar in new message body to access input (predictive text, etc.) options.
* Shift to zoom in.
* Backspace to zoom out.
* Space to go to the current position.
* Fn + 2 for full screen.
* Hold Up for fast forward.
* Hold Down for rewind.
* 1 for bookmarks.
* 2 to find something on a page.
* 3 to return to the previous page.
* 5 to tab open windows.
* * to zoom in.
* # to zoom out.
* 8 for page overview.
* 9 to go to a different web page.
* 0 to got to the homepage.
* Hit the Backspace key to close the current window.
wather navigation fcility is available or not in nokia n71??
I am hearing very contrasting views on E71 as some admits it and some has faced freezing problems and etc... Please can anyone do me a favor and let me know weak points and out standing and strong points of E71?
Is is very similar to E51?
Thanks in advanced
Neha, 20 Jan 2009Hey Viz,
As stupid as it may seem, I am still not able to find the link. Pls tell me the exac... moreeven better. here are the links
setting the phone date year back should allow u to install old themes with certificate expired error. reset the date back to original after installation.
Neha, 20 Jan 2009Hey Viz,
As stupid as it may seem, I am still not able to find the link. Pls tell me the exac... more1.go to www.dotsis.com
2.under the "S60 Version 9.1 - Zone" - > Personal Productivity Tools
3.Open the new post called Office Suite 4.6 s60v3
download the installable and install it.
hey guys..i just got this phone & i'm still learning how to use it..would someone pls tell me where you get the applications you've added-on since you bought the phone?thanks in advance
I got this phone to see if I can receive free emails (yahoo/gmail). I could not. So, I subscribe to ATT media net plan. Now emails work well. By far, the best phone I have owned and that includes iPhone 3G. I do not get new email notification and I can only have two email accounts for auto receive (they are connected all times). Any one?
My bro has one looks like a good phone, all the features you need in a smartphone purchase one