tim, 07 Sep 2008i'm just trade my HTC Diamond to Nokia E71. really love it, but my problem is, --> i broug... moreits just velvet dear.nothing to worry.worst case buy a case from case-logic.its really good
can we use Firefox Thunderbird for this type of phone?plan to get one of this but i'm using thunderbird for my email at work.
Anonymous, 08 Sep 2008 the units being sold at Pacific Mall are from HongKong, so they are Asian version... no 3G... moreyup, don't buy from pacific mall, its not North Am Ver. got mine from ebay, this guy from Mississauga sells SEALED NORTH AM VER made in FINLAND. this is his number 416-432-4151, he sells it for $489
maobowski, 08 Sep 2008You can pick this up in Pacific Mall. There's tons there just make sure you pick up the North ... more
the units being sold at Pacific Mall are from HongKong, so they are Asian version... no 3G support in North America...
maobowski, 08 Sep 2008You can pick this up in Pacific Mall. There's tons there just make sure you pick up the North ... morepacific mall? dude I don't think they sell any E71-2 there, i looked on the boxes displayed and its made my Nokia, not Finland, so probably its Asian Ver.
Anonymous, 07 Sep 2008 hello o2atoman... thanks for the info. where can i buy this in toronto? the north ame... moreYou can pick this up in Pacific Mall. There's tons there just make sure you pick up the North American version (E71-2) or you won't get 3G support.
Anonymous, 07 Sep 2008How do we check the E71-1 or E71-2? can some one highlight on this?It tells you right on the box, where the UPC and serial code sticker is. Right above the barcode.
i'm just trade my HTC Diamond to Nokia E71.
really love it,
but my problem is,
--> i brought "WHITE E71" and used the white case belong to NOKIA\original CASE. white+red inside.
-->REd inside make my e71 keypad become red also.
-->anyone have this problem?
Can change from NOKIA?
Does this phone have a blackberry client? in other words can i use the blackberry service on this phone ???
just got this phone. Still exploring. The GPs is not responding on Nokia map. Any alternative 3rd party downloads available? Please share.
I had the E61 and upgraded to the E71 2 weeks ago.
The E71 is soo much faster, but I miss the screen size of the E61.
However, I can tell you I have working the following
* SIP Phone connected to my Trixbox (Asterisk). I have it working via 3G & HSPDA and ofcourse wifi. (Meaning, I have my home phone connected to my E71 via 3G internet connection).
* MFE - Mail For Exchange. Best upgrade ever. The most important upgrade feature in my opinion is that there is no need for manual upload of secure certificates. This was dependent on the Exchange Server Certificate. In the E71, it doesnt matter if the certificate is loaded or not. Well done Nokia!
* GPS - GPS just works! I have not loaded the maps to my 2GIG memory yet. I am going to attempt this tonight (so no need to download map via provider on the go (Works out too expensive!!))
* The phone has rebooted while trying to multitask. Beware, dont have too many apps open at once. It just freezes and reboots (Hopefully a firmware will sort it out)
* Display Size - The E61 screen size would make this the complete, ultimate phone.
I recommend this phone to anyone who knows how to operate a Nokia phone. The QWERTY phone seems complex for a few. However, I handed down my E61 to family and after 24 hours they are addicted to the QWERTY keyboard.
I bought this phone for approx $660 (Singapore Dollars)
I bought this fone in recent times and its awesome...it doesn't hang up and the system is too fast compare to any other hitech fones...the battery is too good..it goes for 5 days without any charge once you charge it fully...
I love this phone very much..and it really got a very elegant look..
How do we check the E71-1 or E71-2? can some one highlight on this?
Anonymous, 06 Sep 2008Got the phone yesterday, it looks awesome and feels awesome in your hand. The screen is clear ... moreRe the comment about esses message 'remove memory card'-I had this with my n73. I sent it back to be 'fixed' but they found no problem. Avenut I worked out that the memory case was only a millimeter or two too long. So I shaved a little off the end and slid it in. Works perfectly now. Perhaps there problems are caused because there phones are manufactured to such tight tolerances.
3g will work only if u get the e71-2!!! so make sure u don't get stuck with the -1 or else ur 3g will not work
is there anyone know about the latest Firmware avail?