why are my maps different to the maps on my old n95 i was under the impression nokia maps where the same,e71 maps are sh+t...
Goldie, 14 Aug 2008Hi,
Can someone tell me what a barcode scanner is used for?Hi, Can someone tell me what a barcode scanner is used for?
TyTN, 16 Aug 2008 You need to install the themes. go to the folder where you've saved them and choose install. thanks for your reply. i've followed your instructions, but then comes up 'certificate expired' notification, what does it mean?
hi..all,currently i'm owning an HTC touch and thinking of changing to E71.can anybody give me some good reason why i should or should not!!! thxn.
I got my E71 a few days ago. I've had an N70, E61, E61i and now the E71. This is one of the best all-round phones you will find today.
Every phone has pros & cons. This one is extremely well balanced. I use it for business and fun. It's ideal. In fact in South Africa they are still scarce so the demand is huge.
VIVA E-Series VIVA!!!
Great phone!!! Before I had the E61i and I loved it but now, after getting this phone, I'm just blown away.
I totally agree with all the reviews. It's quick, supports my 8gb ultra card and not even to speak about the sound.
In short: get it!
413x, 16 Aug 2008hi, i just got my e71 yesterday and i have no idea how to set themes i've download on the phon... more
You need to install the themes.
go to the folder where you've saved them and choose install.
hi, i just got my e71 yesterday and i have no idea how to set themes i've download on the phone. it doesn't appear on the phone themes folder. the themes i've download is .sis file. does anyone know how to do it? thank you guys.
I've been using the e71 for about two weeks and I'm sort of disappointed. Has a lot of great features, but some major misses in my opinion:
- Out of the box the camera does not have the ability to geocode photos using the built in GPS. I've seen references online to options to do so but these options don't appear on my phone (totally stock e71 from the Nokia Store in Chicago)
- The e70 had a feature called "Access Groups" which let you bundle and rank access methods together. You could bundle your home Wifi with your provider's GPRS method and then set that bundle as the preferred access point. So you'd use Wifi at home and GPRS while away from home. This is missing from the e71. You can either select an access point each time, or hardcode to one access point (eg: GPRS or Wifi or 3G).
- The e70 had an annoying thing that the e71 continues with: there's no apparent way to "bless" an application to use your network services. So to start the Gmail app you have to 1) approve it using the network 2) select the access method to use and optionally 3) select the wifi access point if you're roaming wifi. This is incredibly annoying (compounded by the dropping of access point groups)
- there's no Mac support out of the box, no support for iSync. Sure, lots of hacks to download, but come on, there are other O/S's than Windows.
- There seems to be a hardcoded limit of two network connections at a time, and no two apps can use/reuse the same connection. So I can have a GPRS and a Wifi connection going in parallel but I can't have two apps use my home Wifi at the same time.
I like the camera, I like the feel and balance of the phone, but feel that Nokia have made some decisions to restrict use of the phone and network services even further than what was found on the e70. Unless Nokia make an update to the software that addresses these limitations I can't recommend the e71.
Since I am really desperate to know the reason and solution for the issue i am having with my only 7 days old nokia E71 that i am again putting query in this site. My piece has got an unique problem (I really do not know whether it is a problem or this issue is with others' mobile also) that the MENU button in my mobile stops working anytime in a day and even after trying a lot by pressing the button, it simply gets hung and the Menu simply does not appear. Meanwhile all other buttons work properly. when i restart the mobile is starts working properly including the MENU button also. Can any body tell me pleeeeeeeeease what can be the reason and what can be the solution??? is any body also facing the same issue ???? i have faced the same problem 5 times till now..... please revert as soon as possible.
i have just bought this phone 7 days ago. i am facing an unique issue with this otherwise very good mobile that it's Menu buttons (both the Home screen and the one at the left at the top of the mobile) stops working suddently any time atleast once a day and does not work till the time i restart the phone. I have faced this problem 5 times till now. Is anybody else facing the same problem and if yes can any body suggest me the reason and solution please.......
Anyone know if the E71 can sync and exchange calendar and tasks as well as the inbox, via activesync ? Also what is the browser like ??
now nokia should now capitalise on E71's success! How, by listening to user and give us what we want!
For the next e series qwerty phone, it should improve on the following:
1. Have a slightly bigger screen, maybe 2.6 inch to 2.8 inch screen as compare to the current 2.4 inch one.
2. Have slightly bigger qwerty buttons. While the the e71 are small but easy to use, I think they would be even better if they are made slightly bigger and still be able to type with one hand.
3. Give it a decent camera and camera software. A good 3.2 mp cam or a 5mp one. Not to forget to improve on the software part. The e71's camera software is simply bad. Colour need to be improved. To improve on video frame rate.
4. No more greasy finger print stain. Maybe use satin or brush finished metal or good plastic for the back casing.
5. Have a 3.5mm phone jack? Why not?
What make the E71 so successful? Well, if you were to ask me, I’ll say, it has to be GREAT BUTTONS!
1. Qwerty Key Buttons – What so great about the buttons? Well, they are well designed. Although the qwerty keys are small, they are superbly shaped for easy typing. They are just great for SMSing and Emailing. The surface of the button has a ceramic feel to it, making it a real pleasure to use and touch.
2. 6 Customisable Short Cut Buttons – 4 of which have dual short cut feature, (short press and long press) making it 10 short cuts. No phone can beat this! It’s that direct access!
3. If the customisable buttons are not enough, there are 6 more customisable short cuts on screen. Making the e71 a real pleasure to use when accessing applications. In all, you can access up to 18 applications without going into the Menu page!
4. The D-pad. It’s probably the best D-pad I have used before.
Now compare buttons on any qwerty smart phones in the market! I dare to say NOTHING COME CLOSE TO THE NOKIA E71! If you like qwerty keys and buttons. Get the e71. It’s simply the best!
Toink, 14 Aug 2008Yes it does. I'm using the Advanced Device Locks 1.07. Works flawless.Advance Device Lock.. so u mean to say there's no build in device lock in this FP2.
i have that one in my Nokia N95 8GB. But mine was just a trial.
can u please email me that Advance Device Lock.
I would really appreciate it if you would.
kkdtrt [at] hotmail [dot] com
Why Nokia has not yet launched Black Berry connect for E-71. I bought E-71 to be in touch with my e-mails but till so far i am not able to get this software. Ask Nokia as well but they never reply back. Could any one pls help?
DEV, 14 Aug 2008Hey TAN, This secondary camera may be just given for 3G network for Video Call and I think ... moreThanks DEV that is maybe reasonable thinking, but in all telephones i had before, N73,N95 you can use secondary camera separately, thats why I'm asking for solution.