Recently bought this phone to use on AT&T and have been getting excellent hsdpa connects, love the feel and build. But then again, take the advice of someone who lives 7,000 miles away who thinks he knows better.
Andre Botha, 16 Aug 2008Can the E71 sync with exchange server to update mail, calander and contactsYes it does
Theres a button called Sync specially made for this
Maryz, 16 Aug 2008Does the GPS support European maps?
Of course it supports European maps.
What kind of question is that, anyway? lol
erra8881, 16 Aug 2008yesterday i bought my E71 , my question is why i can't watc.h video frm youtube..anyone can he... moreHello i had the same issue and i fixed it.
Clear your cache/history etc...
Close your E71
Open your E71
Go on google and type youtube
Click on youtube.
You must see a page that says a warning that it is recommend to have unlimited data
Click yes or ok
Should work, Reply to me if it did or didn't
just bought last week. wifi, hsdpa conn fine. havent tried conn. to ms exch yet. need to register mac add with it div. e only prob i found with the phone, when i install a software, it takes time for the phone to config the mem card. sometime need to restart again. anyone facing the same prob?
yesterday i bought my E71 , my question is why i can't watc.h video frm youtube..anyone can help me..please i need some opinion.my real one player can't open youtube
Can the E71 sync with exchange server to update mail, calander and contacts
why are my maps different to the maps on my old n95 i was under the impression nokia maps where the same,e71 maps are sh+t...
Goldie, 14 Aug 2008Hi,
Can someone tell me what a barcode scanner is used for?Hi, Can someone tell me what a barcode scanner is used for?
TyTN, 16 Aug 2008 You need to install the themes. go to the folder where you've saved them and choose install. thanks for your reply. i've followed your instructions, but then comes up 'certificate expired' notification, what does it mean?
hi..all,currently i'm owning an HTC touch and thinking of changing to E71.can anybody give me some good reason why i should or should not!!! thxn.
I got my E71 a few days ago. I've had an N70, E61, E61i and now the E71. This is one of the best all-round phones you will find today.
Every phone has pros & cons. This one is extremely well balanced. I use it for business and fun. It's ideal. In fact in South Africa they are still scarce so the demand is huge.
VIVA E-Series VIVA!!!
Great phone!!! Before I had the E61i and I loved it but now, after getting this phone, I'm just blown away.
I totally agree with all the reviews. It's quick, supports my 8gb ultra card and not even to speak about the sound.
In short: get it!
413x, 16 Aug 2008hi, i just got my e71 yesterday and i have no idea how to set themes i've download on the phon... more
You need to install the themes.
go to the folder where you've saved them and choose install.
hi, i just got my e71 yesterday and i have no idea how to set themes i've download on the phone. it doesn't appear on the phone themes folder. the themes i've download is .sis file. does anyone know how to do it? thank you guys.
I've been using the e71 for about two weeks and I'm sort of disappointed. Has a lot of great features, but some major misses in my opinion:
- Out of the box the camera does not have the ability to geocode photos using the built in GPS. I've seen references online to options to do so but these options don't appear on my phone (totally stock e71 from the Nokia Store in Chicago)
- The e70 had a feature called "Access Groups" which let you bundle and rank access methods together. You could bundle your home Wifi with your provider's GPRS method and then set that bundle as the preferred access point. So you'd use Wifi at home and GPRS while away from home. This is missing from the e71. You can either select an access point each time, or hardcode to one access point (eg: GPRS or Wifi or 3G).
- The e70 had an annoying thing that the e71 continues with: there's no apparent way to "bless" an application to use your network services. So to start the Gmail app you have to 1) approve it using the network 2) select the access method to use and optionally 3) select the wifi access point if you're roaming wifi. This is incredibly annoying (compounded by the dropping of access point groups)
- there's no Mac support out of the box, no support for iSync. Sure, lots of hacks to download, but come on, there are other O/S's than Windows.
- There seems to be a hardcoded limit of two network connections at a time, and no two apps can use/reuse the same connection. So I can have a GPRS and a Wifi connection going in parallel but I can't have two apps use my home Wifi at the same time.
I like the camera, I like the feel and balance of the phone, but feel that Nokia have made some decisions to restrict use of the phone and network services even further than what was found on the e70. Unless Nokia make an update to the software that addresses these limitations I can't recommend the e71.