now nokia should now capitalise on E71's success! How, by listening to user and give us what we want!
For the next e series qwerty phone, it should improve on the following:
1. Have a slightly bigger screen, maybe 2.6 inch to 2.8 inch screen as compare to the current 2.4 inch one.
2. Have slightly bigger qwerty buttons. While the the e71 are small but easy to use, I think they would be even better if they are made slightly bigger and still be able to type with one hand.
3. Give it a decent camera and camera software. A good 3.2 mp cam or a 5mp one. Not to forget to improve on the software part. The e71's camera software is simply bad. Colour need to be improved. To improve on video frame rate.
4. No more greasy finger print stain. Maybe use satin or brush finished metal or good plastic for the back casing.
5. Have a 3.5mm phone jack? Why not?
What make the E71 so successful? Well, if you were to ask me, Iíll say, it has to be GREAT BUTTONS!
1. Qwerty Key Buttons Ė What so great about the buttons? Well, they are well designed. Although the qwerty keys are small, they are superbly shaped for easy typing. They are just great for SMSing and Emailing. The surface of the button has a ceramic feel to it, making it a real pleasure to use and touch.
2. 6 Customisable Short Cut Buttons Ė 4 of which have dual short cut feature, (short press and long press) making it 10 short cuts. No phone can beat this! Itís that direct access!
3. If the customisable buttons are not enough, there are 6 more customisable short cuts on screen. Making the e71 a real pleasure to use when accessing applications. In all, you can access up to 18 applications without going into the Menu page!
4. The D-pad. Itís probably the best D-pad I have used before.
Now compare buttons on any qwerty smart phones in the market! I dare to say NOTHING COME CLOSE TO THE NOKIA E71! If you like qwerty keys and buttons. Get the e71. Itís simply the best!
Toink, 14 Aug 2008Yes it does. I'm using the Advanced Device Locks 1.07. Works flawless.Advance Device Lock.. so u mean to say there's no build in device lock in this FP2.
i have that one in my Nokia N95 8GB. But mine was just a trial.
can u please email me that Advance Device Lock.
I would really appreciate it if you would.
kkdtrt [at] hotmail [dot] com
Why Nokia has not yet launched Black Berry connect for E-71. I bought E-71 to be in touch with my e-mails but till so far i am not able to get this software. Ask Nokia as well but they never reply back. Could any one pls help?
DEV, 14 Aug 2008Hey TAN, This secondary camera may be just given for 3G network for Video Call and I think ... moreThanks DEV that is maybe reasonable thinking, but in all telephones i had before, N73,N95 you can use secondary camera separately, thats why I'm asking for solution.
k, 15 Aug 2008does this phone hangs a lot or not? plz teel does typing msgs is a easy job or not plz plz hel... moreIf you want a full qwerty, go for the E71.
it's a great phone:
really easy to type
comfortable and fast keypad, even if your fingers are as big as mine.
man, my wife has the E71, I got myself the Samsung Omnia to give my old TyTN a rest(used and abused since it came out, a marvelous WM phone it was).
i wish i had bought the E71 instead of the Omnia - it just isn't as comfortable to write long emails on the Omnia as it is on the Nokia.
ahhh and you can even use one hand only to write, if you want to (i would like to see someone do that on a 'regular' qwerty phone ah!)
The wife's really happy with the E71, says it's the perfect phone for her work - long battery life, light, easy and comfortable to type...
Honstly...its perfect piece,u will never find same features with same size in other mobiles.
does this phone hangs a lot or not? plz teel does typing msgs is a easy job or not plz plz help me it is value for money phone or not?? which ph should i buy e71 or n81 or n95.
victor, 15 Aug 2008hi there, I've been using the E71 for a few days now and have to admit that this is a great... moreThe screen is entirely blank, only the breathing light is blinking at the D pad. If u wanna check out the time, press the D pad.
I've been using the E71 for a few days now and have to admit that this is a great phone.
Just wondering you guys out there who own a E71, does your screen go completely blank after lights out or it constantly shows the time?
Would appreciate if anyone can get back to me on this.
chandra, 15 Aug 2008how do you the email function ? It doesnt seem to work for me E71 ask me to enter the ip ... moreDude, if u are trying yo configure your email account using Mailbox, u are require to key in your email address & password. The rest is automatic.
how do you the email function ?
It doesnt seem to work for me
E71 ask me to enter the ip address of the server which I dont know ..
Also is it POP3 or IMOP4?
Anil, 14 Aug 2008can u tell me how to install google maps on E71. my email
U can try this link. But do bear in mind when using Google Map, it is data intensive & its preferably u have an unlimited data plan.
Will this device work the parrot ck3000 evolution car kit?
answers on the a postcard please lol
I never really spend over $300 for a phone, but two days ago I spent over four hundred dollars for the Nokia E71. I can tell you this, it a nice phone, very good features to make any first time buyer like myself to buy one from looking at clips on youtube.
Iím going keep it short. If you coming from a Black Berry 8300 curve series, and use the nokia E71 for the first time, you may want to switch back to Black Berry or look for the Bold 9000. I use to own a Black Berry curve and I love it, but want to try something new like the Nokia E71 and still have it. I believe the Bold 9000 going to kill the Nokia E71 because of BB messenger and if you know what Iím taking about you going to agree with me, and also easy settings for emailing. Donít get me wrong, the Nokia E71 is fast and have great features for a sleek phone and I believe that the best slim phone ever from Nokia, but it would had been a prefect phone if Nokia E71 can work with BlackBerry messenger, but Iím going to keep the Nokia E 71.
hello, i am Mohsin, i am going to buy the E-71, in few days, so plz can any one tell me that does this phone has any drawbacks, is this phone proves to be a great phone ?
Is Nokia E71 capable of using any CDMA chip? I mean, the chips which are used by CDMA phones to send and receice data. I anyone knowz please let me know coz I like to buy this Nokia E71.
risto_, 10 Aug 2008i've had the phone 2-3 weeks by now. there is a serious firmfare bug - the Nokia Maps applicat... morenokia Maps navigation is a 7 day trial and will stop working if u dont subscribe.. maps should work though... have you tried installing Google maps? Mine works perfectly.. I get a GPS signal in seconds indoors. I just bought mine aug 13 2008...