davronuz89, 17 Sep 2010Regarding battery, Here in my country phone sellers always say that cells should be charged... moreFrom what I was told. 8-10hrs time for charging is sufficient for the 1st time. Subsequently, just charge till its full.
A relatively smart phone. Sleek and sophisticated design. A perfect phone for those who doesn't want to get blackberry due to its price.
I love the fact that it is not laggy and responds very fast to each of my request, even though it is running various programmes in the back ground.
However, it heats up quite easily, and that the battery life is a disappointment. I'm online on ebuddy for 8 hours, the battery went flat. It'd be better if its battery life is longer.
1. yes nokia has antivirus software just go to ovi store and there you can download lots of application like antivirus suited to your nokia e72.
2. it is normal that your mobile phone get hot when you are using it for calls because it uses its battery its like when you are charging it every mobile phone gets hot when it is used with calls specially when you are using it for long calling hours. its normal and good news for you because nokia e72 has a li-po or lipolymer battery that is the best type of battery compare to li-on batteries because lipi batteries can stand long atleast days of not charging it in case of nokia e72 it has 1500mah lipo batt that can standby for 4days without charging! but when you used it more on calling and wifi, bluetooth etc it can can withstand maximum of 3 dyas only. but still its a powerfull smartphones because other phones like samsung it can only stand 1 day to 2 days maximum of power but the new samsung tablet has 4000mah lipo the only samsung that has a lipo batt i think it can standby for weeks! hehe
3.the main problem with nokia e72 is that sometime it hangs when you multitask a lot like email, txt phonebook at the same time or when you open a lot of applications. but most of the time it has good performance.
4. another problem for nokia e72 is its trackpad or dpad because its not very touch sensitive and sometimes you need to repeat your scrolling to go to menus you want unlike the blackberry that has a trackball. nokia has d-pad but
5. all in all i recommend this phone for you guys because its a great phone and if you are a querty type of person you will love this phone because its easy to type to its keyboard.
6. and my only advice to you guys out there who wants to buy this phone always buy protective cae, screen protectore and a capdase rubber case because this baby loves fingerprint and scratches!
Anonymous, 19 Sep 2010pls do I need an anti virus for my nokia e72 ?,if yes,pls help with sugesstions. ThanksI reccomend netqin mobile antivirus it's free...
when i used internet in this phone the battery get hot very much .please give a solution ...............
pls do I need an anti virus for my nokia e72 ?,if yes,pls help with sugesstions. Thanks
borneo headhunter, 17 Sep 2010Does any of you here have made the software upgrade from 31 to 51?
I've did that few days a... more1. Yes you can...go to menu, control panel, settings, general, security, phone and sim card, keypad autolock period, select to "none". settled........
2. E72 made in china is original phone not chine fake as long as you buy it from nokia dealer. FYI, in China has a big nokia factory to assemble nokia phone for Asia market. For more info, go to nokia website. U will know it.
3. E72 is not dual sim type phone. Dont ask this stupid question any more.
4. You can update firmware via OTA, connect your E72 to wifi at your home of office.
hey, its good news. i just got ma new nokia E72 and it does it all the best.its a good phone hav finally realized.
JB, 17 Sep 2010No, this phone does not have a dual SIM.this is simple n smart phone..i like this:)
E72 Owner, 07 Sep 2010Okey... This phone is with me for less than a week now and I can see some not so good things a... moreI believe the WLAN popping up problem is due to auto sync with one of your apps being enabled, that's why the phone tries to connect to the internet.
Don't have such a problem with my E52, as I've set everything on the phone to manual.
diks, 17 Sep 2010does this phone have a dual Sim ?No, this phone does not have a dual SIM.
SA, 17 Sep 2010The latest firmware version 051.018 has at least the following four problems: - text message ... moreSetting the SD Card as the memory allocation for messages as opposed to the Phone Memory, is the cause of not receiving a message alert tone for incoming messages. Pretty annoying, but there seems to be no fix until Nokia updates the firmware and re-releases
The latest firmware version 051.018 has at least the following four problems:
- text message alert tone is disabled in all profiles, so you can't hear when a text message comes in
- key lock now activates in music player, so you have to unlock the keypad every time you want to adjust the volume or skip through tracks
- the Home Screen displays the text message envelope icon without there being new messages
- can't backup phone content to SD card
The following improvements are confirmed:
- web browser stability with fewer restarts required
- video cam stability with fewer freeze episodes
- GPS signal acquisition is slightly faster
No change for the following previously reported problem:
- when using Smart Dialing, contacts are only displayed on the Home Screen if they are identified by First Names, contacts saved as a Company Name can still only be recalled in the Contacts App
Does any of you here have made the software upgrade from 31 to 51?
I've did that few days ago and the most annoying thing that i disliked after the software upgrade was the AUTO KEYPAD LOCK..whenever i'm still typing or in an idle for few seconds, or when i'm still in the menu screen, or listening to musicplayer..it autolocked itself..ARRGGGHH!!
Any suggestions to overcome this annoying problem??
Thanks and regards.
Here in my country phone sellers always say that cells should be charged for more than 15 hours before the first use. Otherwise, battery life time won't be long.
Is that true?