wow.. google "nokia e72 bugs", what a disappointment...
i really hoped to jump from e71 to e72 to lose some bugs, not to gain new ones...
nokia, come on, put some effort into it!
Anonymous, 30 Mar 2010We get the point, you got a bad unit and Nokia sucks. Will you stop spamming the board already? I am sorry if you felt it was spamming.
But I was surprised that very few on the board use it for emailing. Since this is " the best in class mailing".
And my main problem is with regards to mailing I wanted to draw the attention of other people who might get conned when they buy this device.
The phones specs are best on paper, but practically it is not a viable device.
I already bought this Nokia E72...the specification is good. I can using Wifi, sometimes the internet line is bad in my location in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia....but the phone sound is good while I can push to talk and mostly is very good...
looks and feels great
os is outdated and unfriendly....s60??? give me a break....what on earth is nokia waiting for to upgrade or improve this archaic os????
I'll keep my blackberry 9700 thank you
I've got this beauty and it is amazing..... Upgraded from E71 and the phone lives upto its expectations.
To answer a few questions:
1. General: To close running applications press and hold menu button, you will see running applications, you can close the ones which you want. I would suggest you to install the application called taskman for the same as it gives you info about the available RAM memory.
2. Email: For best email experience, register as beta user on www.seven.com and download the email client which gives you options to set up upto 10 email accountsand works amazingly. One drawback here is that for this application to work, your messaging memory should be on phone and not on memory card, still does not make much of a difference as the handset has 250mb of internal memory.
3. Internet, i can tell that this is the best ever phone i've used for accessing internet. WIthin a month of purchasing it, my logs shows usage of 3.45GB.
4. Maps: The best part is ovi maps gives you life time free navigation, but be sure ti check with your internet provider about the charges for accessing internet as the maps require internet connectivity for certain functions.
5. Battery: You can enhance the battery life on the handset by turning on the Power save mode. To do so, press the button on the top, scroll to the last option and turn it on. The power save mode will be de-activated when you charge the phone and needs to be turned on after charging.
6. Wifi: To use Wifi, you need the access code called the WEP key from the provider, once you enter the code, you will see that it is connected, then select options and then select "start web browsing"
7. Contacts (use for any nokia handset users with internet connectivity): Please register on ovi.com and syncronize your contacts which in turn can be syncronized with any nokia handsets in future.
Nokia E 72 sucks, 30 Mar 2010I am regretting it can you help me on these problems. even firmware update hasn't changed any ... moreWe get the point, you got a bad unit and Nokia sucks. Will you stop spamming the board already?
plz suggest me any one of them ............ blackberry curve 8900 or nokia e72
hey plz i am using nokia 6120 and i need an new one is e72 good for me i chat a lot use applications play games plz help me ineed to decide is iut good or not
Khairul, 30 Mar 2010i'm sure you wont regret it..I am regretting it can you help me on these problems. even firmware update hasn't changed any thing.
1)Inspite of selecting “download full message”, the HTML form of the message is not downloaded and consumes a lot of time in manual retrieval of the message. To my surprise E63 downloads the HTML automatically, and even attachments, when selecting the option for the same. Even the older e-mail client would have the HTML format downloaded when we opt for download complete message.
2) Pull mail stops functioning after three days of using it.
3) My battery has been changed by the service centre, however it still last only till 6 pm each day. “Battery Full” message never comes on the screen, even though I leave it to charge overnight.
4) The phone hangs when using an application additional to Messages, especially Mail and Message. It lags also when using contacts and messages.
It has been lagging and hanging a lot since it came from the service centre.
5) Sometimes while searching contacts it give a message like “creating cache” or buffering.
6) The back flap of the handset has become loose and tends to fall off.
7) Space bad key stops working and then I have to reboot.
azam, 30 Mar 2010i dropped it many times .. not a scrtch .. great body material i must say ..amzing torch ..eas... moreWhat easy e-mails? The damn thing doesn;t download the HTML also. After you have recieved it again you click to retrieve the HTML. This is even after selecting the "download complete mail" option.
Khairul, 30 Mar 2010i used the phone for about two and a half weeks now..and so far the only problems i had is tha... moreWhich was the phone previous to E 72 that you were using?
Also does you email body (HTML part) download automatically or only the test is shown?
Anonymous, 30 Mar 2010Really great phone . Just buy iti'm sure you wont regret it..
i used the phone for about two and a half weeks now..and so far the only problems i had is that the optical navi key isnt much of a help when i want to browse the internet..other than that..i think there is no problems..and it performs brilliantly..this is why i choose to buy this phone at the first place..it fits my use..i got to read documents, edit words and power points, and i can easily retrieved emails and the web browser is reliable..and video call is good!