Most of the guys posting on this forum are only interested in CHINA/FINLAND.
Light Leakage and build quality.
THE REAL PROBLEMS IT HAS ARE PURELY FUNCTIONAL.
All want to spend money on something that looks good, not what works well.
As far as working goes, this handset is CRAPPP!!!
1)I am using Nokia Messaging Service for synchronizing 2 gmail and 2 hotmail accounts.
I have selected to "Hide mails older than two weeks" and Email download size "Full message".
However it shows mails only upto 4 days old. Also it only downloads headers and not attachments. I have to retrieve the attachments manually.
2) Pull mail stops pulling mail after three days.
3) My battery last only till 6 pm each day inspite of charging the handset overnight. My talk time per day is around one hour, web surfing around 30-45 mins, and use of nokia messaging service. I do not use it for any music.
Even though the phone is on charge for over 5-6 hours or overnight, it still shows that its charging. It never shows as fully charged
4) If I open messages and Email both the phone HANGS.
6) Contacts take time to "buffer"
7) The direct search for contacts from home screen, works sometimes only. Most of the time, I need to press the contacts button to search for contacts.
8) The space bar key stops working some times. And it starts working after I switch the handset off and then on. This happens at least once every two days.
I switched back to my E63 and E72 is going to the Nokia Service Centre. Dont know whether those dumbos will have any solution for this crap.
GILBERT, 22 Jan 2010most of the nokia phone are the sameI agree with Gilbert. Its more psychological. If a phone is assembled in China but has label made in finland. Your eyes will look at it as its superior built quality.. Its all the in head..
i was going to get this phone, but are the problems really that bad?
Hozef, 22 Jan 2010Plz let me know solution
I have a problem with this phone. The time in the messaging center d... moreUr time domain has a problem.
Go in the clock settings and chose the correct time domain.. India for example if u live in India.. or Delhi specifically if u live in Delhi.
Hope it solves your problem..!
Hozef, 22 Jan 2010Plz let me know solution
I have a problem with this phone. The time in the messaging center d... more22-Jan -2010
Nokia has lost it.
E 72 has turned out to be a Super Flop.
Hozef as you rightly said it, this problem of different sms time is there in E72.
There seem to be many bugs.
1)If you access the phone book from the key pad directly, it will only pick up phone nos and not sim nos.
2)Speaker quality V V Bad
3) Once in every 2 days you shall surely not be able to access your phone book as the message shall pop up "Too many applications open , shut some applications.... typical Nokia, even after long pressing the Menu key and shutting all applications , no difference, U have to restart the phone.
4) Doesn't accept login in ids and passwords in the first go.
5) Since I bought it a month back I've already visited the Nokia Centre twice for software update.
6) Nokia executive at the call centre clearly stated on the phone," SIR I GURANTEE THAT THIS PROBLEM WILL BE SOLVED BUT NOT SURE WHAT ELSE WILL ARISE"
7) Finally if you call Nokia helpline more than twice and if they do nat have a solution - NOKIA IMMEDIATELY DROPS UR CALL.
MY ADVICE DO NOT BUY MADE IN CHINA AND DO NOT BUY NOKIA!!!
Anonymous, 21 Jan 2010bro.. actually made by china is for sure made in china with the low quality,cheap material n ... moremade by nokia exactly means Made in China but this doesn't mean the phone is a fake one .I bought a N85 from nokia dealer and it is made in china and it have very good build quality
Plz let me know solution
I have a problem with this phone. The time in the messaging center does not correspond with the actual time: for example I will send a message at 6 pm and it will be noted as 1 pm, samething when I receive a message (received at 7pm, shown 2 pm). How do I fix this. The time on the phone is correct tho.
KKK, 19 Jan 2010I have this phone for last 45 days and it is pathetic. Please do not buy it. oh hi...tnx 4 d advice....i will not buy it anymore...but what is the best phone you can recommend?....
Anonymous, 21 Jan 2010bro.. actually made by china is for sure made in china with the low quality,cheap material n ... moreI seen the "Made In China" one in authorized dealers. They have the "Made By Nokia". Both is the same price with original Nokia warranty
i can't use the you tube that it is pre installed neither open the website youtube.com
Can any one help me plz?????
Well the light leakage under the home screen, i can believe it's intentional, because it's too odd a failure like that!
But what about the screen leakage? What about the space bar that is loose?
I'm going to Nokia, to see if they trade for a new one!
with free voice navigation coming to e72. it's more than likely now im getting this phone~~ my very first nokia
@knighthood & @anonymous :
i want to comment about E72 that is made in china. E72 made in china doesnt mean its a fake one. cause my friends bought E72 directly from nokia authorized dealer in my country and all of it is made in china. all of them have good build quality. there is fake E72 that also made in china, but its different with Original Nokia E72 that made in china. i hope its explain misunderstanding about E72 that made in china. The safest way is to buy Nokia E72 from authorized dealer in your country.
knighthood, 21 Jan 2010I am from Malaysia.
I realized E72 in Malaysia got 2 types.
(Made by Nokia & Made in C... morebro..
actually made by china is for sure made in china with the low quality,cheap material n fake..its not genuine..although the design n product looks alike but it never been the same man..meanwhile in m'sia,made by nokia means it is 100% original nokia's product..it comes from the authorized dealer like zitron n avaxx set..but im not sure where is it actually made from..of course not china laa..its used the same material n quality as standard like others country original nokia..
Guilherme Cardoso, 21 Jan 2010hi guys, my e72 is made by finland and i've got light leakages under the screen and home key, ... moreThose are NOT leakages. They are gaps placed there specifically for you to find those 2 keys easily in the dark. If you haven't noticed they have a green back light shimmering thorough those gaps.
hello kishore, are you ah ki? Finally change phone huh your sister never ask you to let her buy first?↲↲from ah hwee