Korea, 09 Jan 2010Rajeesh..I just wrote you a nice compliment with my questions and I see you call me clueless..... moreClueless was a reply to your first post ( look at the time ). Now about your questions. Thanks for asking and here is the reply...
E71 camera is not as good as E72 even after upgrade of firmware. I will give E72 camera 7 points and E71 camera 5 points if I compare them to N82. Both E71 and E72 cameras are hopeless in low light condition.
In E71, Pressing the "T" while you aim the object will make the optic does extra work and refocus for a much sharper image. Sometimes you like it but when you take many photos in short time than you will Hate it.
White colour getting dirty, you can use a extra silicon covers to protect it from dust. But if you sweat a lot and cant find covers available than it will definitely look stained after a few months
You can save all your applications on memory card in both phones. But there are some system applications which Nokia will not allow you or ask you where to save and will straight away choose phone memory and its phone memory not the NAND FLASH.
If I were to give ranks, I would give E72 a 7 and E71 6 out of 10.
Rajesh, 09 Jan 2010I hope after a few days of research various sites and after reading forums on this site it wou... moreRajeesh..I just wrote you a nice compliment with my questions and I see you call me clueless....WOW man.
Anonymous, 04 Jan 2010How is text typing on this phone. Can one use single hand?
NOO you need to hands and small fingers .. maybe a mouse claw to type on this thing
Rajesh, 09 Jan 2010Hi, about compass and geotagging plus HW accelerometer are good enough. But when you use noise... moreRajeesh: The last few comment you made were GREAT. You gave us something we could use. Now I have questions please.
1. Is the E71 camera on par with E72 after the FW upgrade or only slightly. I travel to many countries and I prefer not to have to carry a camera.
2. Is it a hassle to hold "T" down to take a pic?
3. On E72 can you place photos in folders to separate them.
4. I have held the E71 and the build quality is a 10 what would you give the E72's build quality on a scale from 1- 10?
5. Can I store all apps on the memory card instead of using the phones memory?
6. have you heard anything about problems with the white e71 getting dirty? I love the color.
Please lets not call those uninformed as you dumb. We are all trying to be educated consumers.
Korea, 09 Jan 2010Rajeesh I really appreciate your tone it is very civil towards me and I apologize for prior co... moreI hope after a few days of research various sites and after reading forums on this site it would be very clear of what you have and what you will be missing in E72. If you are happy with HAVES AND DO NOT CARE ABOUT HAVE NOTS THAN E72 IS YOUR DREAM PHONE...I dont see any reason you will still be clueless. These forums must have already helped you to make a right decession. But in case you have any further queries, I am sure there are many E72 users on this forum who will be pleased to lend you support in deciding.
Rajesh, 09 Jan 2010I do purchase new mobiles and do also keep the best ones in my collection. I purchased E72 twi... moreRajeesh I really appreciate your tone it is very civil towards me and I apologize for prior comments I have made under "annonymous" The issue I had with you is that you seemed to imply that people on this site are clueless Nokia fans....I Love Nokia, I still have my N70 but as much as I wanted this phone, I am well aware of the shortcomings and have been taking my time deciding between this phone and the E71. I have been researching/reading reviews/and blogs about this phone for months. By the time I decide the E73 might be out..LOL Being an owner I would much rather prefer you give insight on your experience with the E72 and not talk about what it doesn't have. If people wanted 12mp and TV out and etc...they would by OMNIA or SE X10. Give the people what the y need to make an informed decision not rants about things that won't change. So when i get back to the USA I can buy my phone.
i wanna buy e seires will i go e71 or e72? money is no object to me.
for you guys in the US go to adorama.com.they have e72 for 379,free shipping and no taxes.the sale is going on now.take advantage of it
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970We are technology lovers and we dont care whatever happens on political front. Nokia is a good company and we love Nokia and we cannot forget how much Nokia has given to the mobile world. Sometimes we have complaints but that does not mean we forget how boring and backward our lives would have been if these Multi Corporations would not have given Computing gadgets to the modern world....
Anonymous, 09 Jan 2010@rajesh in term of hardware, craigh has explained it in detail, i just wanna add it some: - ... moreHi, about compass and geotagging plus HW accelerometer are good enough. But when you use noise cancellation and if you are speaking through a handset ( not headphone + mic ) the other party sometimes does not hear you properly. 256 MB memory NAND FLASH is a plus but not a must have feature as microSD SDHC these days are far superior and reliable and fast enough to store your important files on them. Moreover if your mobile phone catches virus it is same issue if you have mSD or NAND FLASH. Push email in many countries NOKIA WILL BE CHARGING A FIXED AMOUNT PER MONTH TO KEEP THE SUBSCRIPTION OR CONVERTING IT FROM TRIAL TO FINAL PRODUCT. Keyboard on e71 also have shortcut key for silent and Bluetooth but on E72 it has been marked with symbol on it. Tacticle feel of E72...You may try BB and try Samsung C6625 and you will know E72 keyboard needs a lot lot lot of improvement to be able to type confidently without errors. Nokia has introduced trackpoint on E72 which is much much much inferior to Samsung i8510 or i780. If you want to call E72 a BB killer Nokia has to first of all make the size of screen to 2.6 inches and then give a better keyboard to even come close to that term " BB killer ". Adrian13 as I told you I appreciate your love for E72, but my friend just imagine how much you will love your E72 when it is more complete and more advanced. You are a true Nokia fan...I admire you in that way and next time when you visit Nokia Showroom please put your comments in customer feedback for Nokia Personnels in Indonesia to improve the next Nokia E series and come up with a true BB killer...
in term of hardware, craigh has explained it in detail, i just wanna add it some:
- sound quality (through headphones or aux) is superior similiar to 5800xm which is one of the nokia best so far
- internal phone memory (not RAM) is 250mb, compare to 128mb on e71 or e63, so u can install alot of apps, games and themes on drive c, and then u get a fresh phone just by formatting drive c, when u need to do that
- more tactile and improve keyboard, e72 keyboard is more easy to use than e71 or e63, bluetooth on/off, silent profile one pressed shortcut (not apllied on e63, even the keyboard in same layout)
- noise cancelation (hardware), you can whisper on e72 on your e72 mic and the opposite still can hear u. You can speak comfortably on noisy environment. The experience is great.
- accerometer sensor, just flip ur phone to disable call ringtone or alarm sound, next fw update will added new feature as well
- electronic compass, at first this useless hardware, but recently theres an app called North Pole that make this feature very useful, if you are a moslem, you will find your qibla direction easily anywhere any time, recently Nokia has release Image Space Capture for e72, integrated in camera application, so u can tag photos with geotagging AND camera phone direction when you capture that photo
- etc, etc there still some hardware improvement like 600mhz processor that made a lot of different in user experience as well
on software / service side:
- nokia e72 has a lifetime subscription to Nokia push email and chat service, meaning that u dont have to pay anything for push email and chat (currently still free on other nokia phone, but nokia will activated payment system for nokia phones in indonesia, but not for e72!, truly a BB killer)
-audo themes, your e72 will speak when an email or sms recieved, and it can read it for you too
- nokia will roll out a new firmware update for e72 in coming weeks and release new update to their Nokia Messaging client v2.0, and the only supported phone is.. I guess u already know that lol!
Korea, 09 Jan 2010Has anyone that has bothered to read Rajeesh's opinion about what the E72 is lacking as far as... moreI do purchase new mobiles and do also keep the best ones in my collection. I purchased E72 twice because the first one had too many issues. If E72 would have been a major upgrade I assure you it would have gone into my collection. But since it was a most awaited mobile of 2009 being a mobile and computing lover if I would not have purchased E72 it would have been a mistake. I always expect people like you and questions which they come up with in my day to day life. I enjoy answering wise people than explaining to dumbs. I would welcome some more questions from you....And also you may post your suggestions to people on this forum not to read my opinions or not to bother about them...cheers..
Korea, 09 Jan 2010Has anyone that has bothered to read Rajeesh's opinion about what the E72 is lacking as far as... moreI do purchase new mobiles and do also keep the best ones in my collection. I purchased E72 twice because the first one had too many issues. If E72 would have been a major upgrade I assure you it would have gone into my collection. But since it was a most awaited mobile of 2009 being a mobile and computing lover if I would not have purchased E72 it would have been a mistake. I always expect people like you and questions which they come up with in my day to day life. I enjoy answering o twise people than explaining to idiots. I would welcome some more questions from you....And also you may post your suggestions to people on this forum not to read my opinions or not to bother about them...cheers..
Has anyone that has bothered to read Rajeesh's opinion about what the E72 is lacking as far as specs,screen size, tv out, etc......realized that he has purchased the phone not once but TWICE. I'm assuming he knew prior to buying after owning the phone once that it didn't have all those things he is complaining about so WHY would anyone listen to him.
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970You may also take a walk around Khalid Bin Walid street and check latest colours and prices. Have a nice shopping ...
Anonymous, 09 Jan 2010how much is the nokia e72 in abu dhabi??or in the uae?? the cheapest one please give a range... moreIn Abu Dhabi you can visit Jumbo in Al Ain Mall and in Dubai you can call Planet or Jackys or Jumbo and get the price. I believe its about AED 1500 in Dubai. Lately I checked in Dubai they had Topaz Brown ( Made in China ) in stock....
how much is the nokia e72 in abu dhabi??or in the uae??
the cheapest one please
give a range
is it around 700dhs-800dhs or more ??
Craig, 09 Jan 2010Let me answers the Q's for you Rajesh. I will give u other details beside the features. coz It... moreAll these specs are good on paper but no use in practical. There is absolutely nothing which E72 can do and E71 or E63 cannot. 600 mhz but no apps using this processor and by the time applications will be available E73 or other E7xx will be in market. HSDPA or whatever no operators are really offering services of such speed in real terms. 5 mpx camera you can also find on many samsung USD 150 mobile. No big deal and 5mpx camera is already 2 year old technology. Huge memory on E72 but how much boot up memory do you get??? Hundreds are complaining that E72 is reporting low memory after a few apps running in background. Materials used in E72 good but not better than E71. 3.5 mm jack or flashlight which you did not mention is also available in USD 180 E63 and again keyboard is ditto E63 keyboard. So where is the new stuff??? You love E72 and its fine with us but that does not make it a better mobile. In real terms and I mean your day to day use of mobile you are not being served better than E71 or E63...Its a short time love affair with E72 and then in 2 months some other will take place. E72 has a very short life as it has nothing for genuine users to cheer about. I am posting this all for Nokia, I am sure Nokia team who has been assigned a job to take care of requirements of consumers and follow their opinions and come up with solutions which will allow Nokia to keep giving better and better products in future, will take a note of this and stop giving same old stuff. If you say it is a new model it must have new features and a little cosmetic changes and a few marketing gimmicks will not make that product a superior product. Love you Nokia..
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970Let me answers the Q's for you Rajesh. I will give u other details beside the features. coz Its not just about what this phone can do and other cant do but its about QUALITY also.
1. E72 has better materials its 100% true
2. The proccessor speed 600mhz its damn fast indeed far better than e71 369mhz
3. No no u cant put this away, Of course the 5mp camera is great one
4. The jack has 3.5mm but e71 has 2.5mm it sucks lol
5. Once again the trackpad very useful
6. The qwerty keypad on e72 is nice and easily than e71. On e71 its hard to do copy-paste thing need to press 3 keys to doing that sucks again
7. Internal memory is 250mb and e71 120mb
8. E72 hsdpa speed up to 10.2mbps, but e71 only up to 3.6mbps really sucks
9. The e72 symbian OS 9.3 series60 3rd feature pack 2. E71 OS 9.2 series60 3rd feature pack 1. So e72 has better softwares and apps.
10. Etc etc etc im talking about QUALITY here