Rajesh, 09 Jan 2010If you ask my opinion, No BB No E72, I will hold back with my E71 and look forward to March 20... moreRajeesh thx. I was thinking of buy E71 white..$300 it would be a no brainer if it had FP2. I will be in Korea until June so I can wait. I heard that nokia will be revamping the UI. I am a fan of the form factor and not really into touchscreens although the HTC HD2 looks phenomenal.
Have you seen the Nokia MYSTIC = E72 + Palm Centro?
Have you heard E72 coming out in WHITE and RED by June
I agree E73 should be built as solid as E71..bigger, higher resolution screen. Considering they had the blueprint with the E71...the e72 should have been a HOMERUN.
korea, 09 Jan 2010Thank you..... I have to ask this. What do you think of the Blackberry 9700 in comparison to... moreIf you ask my opinion, No BB No E72, I will hold back with my E71 and look forward to March 2010. A lot of surprises are on the way. New Android system and new gadgets with lots of feature, Symbian too is aiming on BB and Nokia should be coming up with a bang by March or latest April. You will be surprised my friend. Just a matter of 2 months. No way I will recommend E72 to anyone as it is incomplete, outdated and expensive. You asked my opinion I gave you the honest one. Its your wish and your decession and your requirement if its fulfilled by BB 9700 or E72....
so tell me pls is this phone GOOD or BAD? straight question pls strainght answer.
Rajesh, 09 Jan 2010About classifying Multimedia files in folders, In E 71 you can make different folders for diff... moreThank you..... I have to ask this. What do you think of the Blackberry 9700 in comparison to the E71/E72
1. In that forum..all you 95% of what you hear about that phone is GOOD.
2. Better screen...by far.
3. better track pad
4. more stable OS
But why I frown on buying it.
1. USA carriers force you to buy data plan w/BB ($30) NO Wi-fi unless you get BIS and without NOTHING really works.
2. The UI is decent up top but below they use "lists" instead of icons I HATE IT.
Craig, 09 Jan 2010lol hey nothin personal rajesh no offended pls but u wrote a very F long character on this for... morehey craig
are u from australia??? wht colour ph have u got??? i want a gray one lol ...but can only get black lol
Anonymous, 09 Jan 2010Rajeesh: The last few comment you made were GREAT. You gave us something we could use. Now ... moreAbout classifying Multimedia files in folders, In E 71 you can make different folders for different files like Audio, Video and Images ( A very E series system ). But in E72 they have adopted a N series Carousel system where Video and Images fall into one gallery. But you can classify them into albums. I personally hate this. I prefer E71 system...
Korea, 09 Jan 2010Rajeesh..I just wrote you a nice compliment with my questions and I see you call me clueless..... moreClueless was a reply to your first post ( look at the time ). Now about your questions. Thanks for asking and here is the reply...
E71 camera is not as good as E72 even after upgrade of firmware. I will give E72 camera 7 points and E71 camera 5 points if I compare them to N82. Both E71 and E72 cameras are hopeless in low light condition.
In E71, Pressing the "T" while you aim the object will make the optic does extra work and refocus for a much sharper image. Sometimes you like it but when you take many photos in short time than you will Hate it.
White colour getting dirty, you can use a extra silicon covers to protect it from dust. But if you sweat a lot and cant find covers available than it will definitely look stained after a few months
You can save all your applications on memory card in both phones. But there are some system applications which Nokia will not allow you or ask you where to save and will straight away choose phone memory and its phone memory not the NAND FLASH.
If I were to give ranks, I would give E72 a 7 and E71 6 out of 10.
Rajesh, 09 Jan 2010I hope after a few days of research various sites and after reading forums on this site it wou... moreRajeesh..I just wrote you a nice compliment with my questions and I see you call me clueless....WOW man.
Anonymous, 04 Jan 2010How is text typing on this phone. Can one use single hand?
NOO you need to hands and small fingers .. maybe a mouse claw to type on this thing
Rajesh, 09 Jan 2010Hi, about compass and geotagging plus HW accelerometer are good enough. But when you use noise... moreRajeesh: The last few comment you made were GREAT. You gave us something we could use. Now I have questions please.
1. Is the E71 camera on par with E72 after the FW upgrade or only slightly. I travel to many countries and I prefer not to have to carry a camera.
2. Is it a hassle to hold "T" down to take a pic?
3. On E72 can you place photos in folders to separate them.
4. I have held the E71 and the build quality is a 10 what would you give the E72's build quality on a scale from 1- 10?
5. Can I store all apps on the memory card instead of using the phones memory?
6. have you heard anything about problems with the white e71 getting dirty? I love the color.
Please lets not call those uninformed as you dumb. We are all trying to be educated consumers.
Korea, 09 Jan 2010Rajeesh I really appreciate your tone it is very civil towards me and I apologize for prior co... moreI hope after a few days of research various sites and after reading forums on this site it would be very clear of what you have and what you will be missing in E72. If you are happy with HAVES AND DO NOT CARE ABOUT HAVE NOTS THAN E72 IS YOUR DREAM PHONE...I dont see any reason you will still be clueless. These forums must have already helped you to make a right decession. But in case you have any further queries, I am sure there are many E72 users on this forum who will be pleased to lend you support in deciding.
Rajesh, 09 Jan 2010I do purchase new mobiles and do also keep the best ones in my collection. I purchased E72 twi... moreRajeesh I really appreciate your tone it is very civil towards me and I apologize for prior comments I have made under "annonymous" The issue I had with you is that you seemed to imply that people on this site are clueless Nokia fans....I Love Nokia, I still have my N70 but as much as I wanted this phone, I am well aware of the shortcomings and have been taking my time deciding between this phone and the E71. I have been researching/reading reviews/and blogs about this phone for months. By the time I decide the E73 might be out..LOL Being an owner I would much rather prefer you give insight on your experience with the E72 and not talk about what it doesn't have. If people wanted 12mp and TV out and etc...they would by OMNIA or SE X10. Give the people what the y need to make an informed decision not rants about things that won't change. So when i get back to the USA I can buy my phone.
i wanna buy e seires will i go e71 or e72? money is no object to me.
for you guys in the US go to adorama.com.they have e72 for 379,free shipping and no taxes.the sale is going on now.take advantage of it
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970We are technology lovers and we dont care whatever happens on political front. Nokia is a good company and we love Nokia and we cannot forget how much Nokia has given to the mobile world. Sometimes we have complaints but that does not mean we forget how boring and backward our lives would have been if these Multi Corporations would not have given Computing gadgets to the modern world....
Anonymous, 09 Jan 2010@rajesh in term of hardware, craigh has explained it in detail, i just wanna add it some: - ... moreHi, about compass and geotagging plus HW accelerometer are good enough. But when you use noise cancellation and if you are speaking through a handset ( not headphone + mic ) the other party sometimes does not hear you properly. 256 MB memory NAND FLASH is a plus but not a must have feature as microSD SDHC these days are far superior and reliable and fast enough to store your important files on them. Moreover if your mobile phone catches virus it is same issue if you have mSD or NAND FLASH. Push email in many countries NOKIA WILL BE CHARGING A FIXED AMOUNT PER MONTH TO KEEP THE SUBSCRIPTION OR CONVERTING IT FROM TRIAL TO FINAL PRODUCT. Keyboard on e71 also have shortcut key for silent and Bluetooth but on E72 it has been marked with symbol on it. Tacticle feel of E72...You may try BB and try Samsung C6625 and you will know E72 keyboard needs a lot lot lot of improvement to be able to type confidently without errors. Nokia has introduced trackpoint on E72 which is much much much inferior to Samsung i8510 or i780. If you want to call E72 a BB killer Nokia has to first of all make the size of screen to 2.6 inches and then give a better keyboard to even come close to that term " BB killer ". Adrian13 as I told you I appreciate your love for E72, but my friend just imagine how much you will love your E72 when it is more complete and more advanced. You are a true Nokia fan...I admire you in that way and next time when you visit Nokia Showroom please put your comments in customer feedback for Nokia Personnels in Indonesia to improve the next Nokia E series and come up with a true BB killer...
in term of hardware, craigh has explained it in detail, i just wanna add it some:
- sound quality (through headphones or aux) is superior similiar to 5800xm which is one of the nokia best so far
- internal phone memory (not RAM) is 250mb, compare to 128mb on e71 or e63, so u can install alot of apps, games and themes on drive c, and then u get a fresh phone just by formatting drive c, when u need to do that
- more tactile and improve keyboard, e72 keyboard is more easy to use than e71 or e63, bluetooth on/off, silent profile one pressed shortcut (not apllied on e63, even the keyboard in same layout)
- noise cancelation (hardware), you can whisper on e72 on your e72 mic and the opposite still can hear u. You can speak comfortably on noisy environment. The experience is great.
- accerometer sensor, just flip ur phone to disable call ringtone or alarm sound, next fw update will added new feature as well
- electronic compass, at first this useless hardware, but recently theres an app called North Pole that make this feature very useful, if you are a moslem, you will find your qibla direction easily anywhere any time, recently Nokia has release Image Space Capture for e72, integrated in camera application, so u can tag photos with geotagging AND camera phone direction when you capture that photo
- etc, etc there still some hardware improvement like 600mhz processor that made a lot of different in user experience as well
on software / service side:
- nokia e72 has a lifetime subscription to Nokia push email and chat service, meaning that u dont have to pay anything for push email and chat (currently still free on other nokia phone, but nokia will activated payment system for nokia phones in indonesia, but not for e72!, truly a BB killer)
-audo themes, your e72 will speak when an email or sms recieved, and it can read it for you too
- nokia will roll out a new firmware update for e72 in coming weeks and release new update to their Nokia Messaging client v2.0, and the only supported phone is.. I guess u already know that lol!
Korea, 09 Jan 2010Has anyone that has bothered to read Rajeesh's opinion about what the E72 is lacking as far as... moreI do purchase new mobiles and do also keep the best ones in my collection. I purchased E72 twice because the first one had too many issues. If E72 would have been a major upgrade I assure you it would have gone into my collection. But since it was a most awaited mobile of 2009 being a mobile and computing lover if I would not have purchased E72 it would have been a mistake. I always expect people like you and questions which they come up with in my day to day life. I enjoy answering wise people than explaining to dumbs. I would welcome some more questions from you....And also you may post your suggestions to people on this forum not to read my opinions or not to bother about them...cheers..