in term of hardware, craigh has explained it in detail, i just wanna add it some:
- sound quality (through headphones or aux) is superior similiar to 5800xm which is one of the nokia best so far
- internal phone memory (not RAM) is 250mb, compare to 128mb on e71 or e63, so u can install alot of apps, games and themes on drive c, and then u get a fresh phone just by formatting drive c, when u need to do that
- more tactile and improve keyboard, e72 keyboard is more easy to use than e71 or e63, bluetooth on/off, silent profile one pressed shortcut (not apllied on e63, even the keyboard in same layout)
- noise cancelation (hardware), you can whisper on e72 on your e72 mic and the opposite still can hear u. You can speak comfortably on noisy environment. The experience is great.
- accerometer sensor, just flip ur phone to disable call ringtone or alarm sound, next fw update will added new feature as well
- electronic compass, at first this useless hardware, but recently theres an app called North Pole that make this feature very useful, if you are a moslem, you will find your qibla direction easily anywhere any time, recently Nokia has release Image Space Capture for e72, integrated in camera application, so u can tag photos with geotagging AND camera phone direction when you capture that photo
- etc, etc there still some hardware improvement like 600mhz processor that made a lot of different in user experience as well
on software / service side:
- nokia e72 has a lifetime subscription to Nokia push email and chat service, meaning that u dont have to pay anything for push email and chat (currently still free on other nokia phone, but nokia will activated payment system for nokia phones in indonesia, but not for e72!, truly a BB killer)
-audo themes, your e72 will speak when an email or sms recieved, and it can read it for you too
- nokia will roll out a new firmware update for e72 in coming weeks and release new update to their Nokia Messaging client v2.0, and the only supported phone is.. I guess u already know that lol!
Korea, 09 Jan 2010Has anyone that has bothered to read Rajeesh's opinion about what the E72 is lacking as far as... moreI do purchase new mobiles and do also keep the best ones in my collection. I purchased E72 twice because the first one had too many issues. If E72 would have been a major upgrade I assure you it would have gone into my collection. But since it was a most awaited mobile of 2009 being a mobile and computing lover if I would not have purchased E72 it would have been a mistake. I always expect people like you and questions which they come up with in my day to day life. I enjoy answering wise people than explaining to dumbs. I would welcome some more questions from you....And also you may post your suggestions to people on this forum not to read my opinions or not to bother about them...cheers..
Korea, 09 Jan 2010Has anyone that has bothered to read Rajeesh's opinion about what the E72 is lacking as far as... moreI do purchase new mobiles and do also keep the best ones in my collection. I purchased E72 twice because the first one had too many issues. If E72 would have been a major upgrade I assure you it would have gone into my collection. But since it was a most awaited mobile of 2009 being a mobile and computing lover if I would not have purchased E72 it would have been a mistake. I always expect people like you and questions which they come up with in my day to day life. I enjoy answering o twise people than explaining to idiots. I would welcome some more questions from you....And also you may post your suggestions to people on this forum not to read my opinions or not to bother about them...cheers..
Has anyone that has bothered to read Rajeesh's opinion about what the E72 is lacking as far as specs,screen size, tv out, etc......realized that he has purchased the phone not once but TWICE. I'm assuming he knew prior to buying after owning the phone once that it didn't have all those things he is complaining about so WHY would anyone listen to him.
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970You may also take a walk around Khalid Bin Walid street and check latest colours and prices. Have a nice shopping ...
Anonymous, 09 Jan 2010how much is the nokia e72 in abu dhabi??or in the uae?? the cheapest one please give a range... moreIn Abu Dhabi you can visit Jumbo in Al Ain Mall and in Dubai you can call Planet or Jackys or Jumbo and get the price. I believe its about AED 1500 in Dubai. Lately I checked in Dubai they had Topaz Brown ( Made in China ) in stock....
how much is the nokia e72 in abu dhabi??or in the uae??
the cheapest one please
give a range
is it around 700dhs-800dhs or more ??
Craig, 09 Jan 2010Let me answers the Q's for you Rajesh. I will give u other details beside the features. coz It... moreAll these specs are good on paper but no use in practical. There is absolutely nothing which E72 can do and E71 or E63 cannot. 600 mhz but no apps using this processor and by the time applications will be available E73 or other E7xx will be in market. HSDPA or whatever no operators are really offering services of such speed in real terms. 5 mpx camera you can also find on many samsung USD 150 mobile. No big deal and 5mpx camera is already 2 year old technology. Huge memory on E72 but how much boot up memory do you get??? Hundreds are complaining that E72 is reporting low memory after a few apps running in background. Materials used in E72 good but not better than E71. 3.5 mm jack or flashlight which you did not mention is also available in USD 180 E63 and again keyboard is ditto E63 keyboard. So where is the new stuff??? You love E72 and its fine with us but that does not make it a better mobile. In real terms and I mean your day to day use of mobile you are not being served better than E71 or E63...Its a short time love affair with E72 and then in 2 months some other will take place. E72 has a very short life as it has nothing for genuine users to cheer about. I am posting this all for Nokia, I am sure Nokia team who has been assigned a job to take care of requirements of consumers and follow their opinions and come up with solutions which will allow Nokia to keep giving better and better products in future, will take a note of this and stop giving same old stuff. If you say it is a new model it must have new features and a little cosmetic changes and a few marketing gimmicks will not make that product a superior product. Love you Nokia..
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970Let me answers the Q's for you Rajesh. I will give u other details beside the features. coz Its not just about what this phone can do and other cant do but its about QUALITY also.
1. E72 has better materials its 100% true
2. The proccessor speed 600mhz its damn fast indeed far better than e71 369mhz
3. No no u cant put this away, Of course the 5mp camera is great one
4. The jack has 3.5mm but e71 has 2.5mm it sucks lol
5. Once again the trackpad very useful
6. The qwerty keypad on e72 is nice and easily than e71. On e71 its hard to do copy-paste thing need to press 3 keys to doing that sucks again
7. Internal memory is 250mb and e71 120mb
8. E72 hsdpa speed up to 10.2mbps, but e71 only up to 3.6mbps really sucks
9. The e72 symbian OS 9.3 series60 3rd feature pack 2. E71 OS 9.2 series60 3rd feature pack 1. So e72 has better softwares and apps.
10. Etc etc etc im talking about QUALITY here
this is a best business mobile phone of all brand thank's nokia
Which one is a better phone? Nokia E72 or Blackberry Bold 9000 series
Noticed the price..just dont wait for lower price coz it wont happen untill E73 release to market. I guess E72 price wont below $439 at the end of october..on any NPD. Gt from trusted source lol
Adrian13, 09 Jan 2010@rajesh
cut the crap if you dont know anything, dont playing expert here, you are nothhing bu... moreHi Adrian13,
Once again E63 vs E71 vs E72, apart from camera ( E72 has a better camera ) what are the other things which E72 can do and which E71 and E63 cannot do. Come on friend you have paid USD 200 form than E71 and USD 300 more than E63. Its a Nokia Fan to Nokia Fan question ( as Nokia lovers...promise ) tell me what is E72 good at?????
If ure looking for E72 themes go to (mobile9.com). Go to gallery choose phone type then click for themes and search for name "smoothy Eserries" theme. its great theme!! Its free download. I'm using it..enjoy!!
Hey Adrian, You are the one from Batam right?? How has it been. I believe you bought your E72 in November 2009. At that time in Batam the price was about USD 550 but now in 2 months the price dropped to USD 450. And if I am not wrong you also used Samsung C6625 for some time. Yeh, I guess you are right I dont know anything about E72 because I dont like it, f.y.i. but I have used it for a few weeks though. I dont hate E72 but I dont admire it because it has nothing new to offer. I am a Nokia fan and just expects much more from Nokia. Well I am sure you love your E72 so much that you are asking people not to read my opinions as they are blah blah blah...Well good luck to you with your E72...cheers...
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970lol hey nothin personal rajesh no offended pls but u wrote a very F long character on this forum and all craps but E72 advantages and good things. So F bored. So i just used some F word simply then someone got the point. LOL
Btw i have this phone for almost a month using 8GB microSDHC all features works fine, Software stabled no hang or lag issues. And one of the Eserries breakthrough its the trackpad very useful and great.but uhm less sensitivity. I would say the BlackBerry's still has better trackpad. i had blackberry Gemini.Oops its still E72 forum right so keep on the track GUYS. ;)
cut the crap if you dont know anything, dont playing expert here, you are nothhing but e72 haters, maybe you want e72, why dont you just get one in your life.
Btw i have own e71, e72 and 5800xm
5800 camera is the worst camera ever, even it was Carl Zeiss optic, e72 has excelent camera and beats my n82 in daylight shoot. E71? Not even better than 5800xm :p
so rajesh, stop commenting if dont know anything, and guys @ this forum, please stop asking him (rajesh) a question, he will always give bias answer since he was e72 hater or he never managed to have e72
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970Not only E72 but you also Rock Baby.....Just keep it that way.....and do not change your mobile for atleast one year....okay Baby......enjoy your E72.....cheers...