Do not buy this unit YET.
Wait for the firmware to stabilize.
Wait until all the jarheads who are rushing to be the first to own the phone have reviewed it and posted all the problems of the unit - so Nokia can correct these.
The price will also go down fast.
Here in the Philippines, from Php 21,000+ it has gone down rapidly to Php 18,000+ in a matter of days after its release.
This is a sign of WEAK SALES due to its high price, and the presence of the E71 and the E63.
People are holding on to their older phones.
Buying this now is UNWISE, unless you are filthy rich and have money to burn.
Hold on to your money and wait for 6 months, or better one year after.
This phone will rapidly lose its price, shedding about 4,000 to 5,000 Philippine pesos in about that time period.
EXERCISE PATIENCE, PATIENCE, PATIENCE.
Rajesh, 19 Dec 2009Hi, I don't think E72 will be able to sustain its present price for more than a month. I belie... moreThats what i am doing and getting a second hand e90 to try..I was looking forward to e72 and thought it would never release but it seems very immature at this point and as we all know bt now its best to wait,,That said buy if you want its just what i am doing its still a very high spec fone with almost pure audio and top battery..
Adel, 19 Dec 2009Can somebody tell me which color is better for E72 the Brown or the Blackto me black is too common..be different!!
Adel, 19 Dec 2009Can somebody tell me which color is better for E72 the Brown or the BlackGet the black one bro. The brown was is a combination of vomit and something coming out the rear end. I dont know what the hell nokia was thinking when they thought of topaz brown.
Hi guys, CorePlayer rocks, for those who want 2 kno where to get and how to install.. here is the procedure: Google for "CoreCodec.Coreplayer.v1.1.2.S60v3.symbianOS9.Cracked-BinPDA" and download it (via torrent), then before installing go to menu>installations>app.mgr>options>settings>software installation and make it all and change or make online certification check to OFF, then change your mobile date to xx.xx.2007 and then install, if it gives u error, try using 2006 or 2008 date too.. it will definitely get installed.. hope this helps you :)
it plays almost all 3gp, avi, mp4, mpeg4 (h264) videos
Adel, 19 Dec 2009Can somebody tell me which color is better for E72 the Brown or the Blacki bougth e72 just 3 days ago,,, i choice color brown coz i like 8, unique n sozi,, my friends also like 8
Adel, 19 Dec 2009Can somebody tell me which color is better for E72 the Brown or the BlackBlack is far better than the brown one. Black looks more professional!
Can somebody tell me which color is better for E72 the Brown or the Black
Can someone buy it for me?! hahaha :) it sounds like an awesome phone, I'm glad it has a good camera.. I might be getting it =D
Prince78, 19 Dec 2009Those who want to wait should wait forever.. for a perfect fone.. those who want to be with ti... moreHi, I don't think E72 will be able to sustain its present price for more than a month. I believe by end Feb 2010 we will be able to buy it at around below USD 350. I guess Nokia will flood the market with its new batch of refined and reinforced E72 by that time and as usually if you have followed earlier times Nokia's 2nd or 3rd release have been near perfect and at better price. So its a matter of time and I am sure E72 is going to be in trend until end of 2010. So whats a rush, why not buy a better product at better price. Till then keep your E71 or E63 whatsoever and grab the fortune in days to come. Till then keep safe out of E72.
mysterioushunk, 19 Dec 2009Thanks a ton zia!!a bit confused of investing my pocket money in e72 or d e71???wat is ur take... moremy pleasure Hunk... i guess u shud prefer E72 over E71..
Go with the time.. E71 was something u shud hav owned in 2008.. i suggest u go for E72.. i have ordered mine and will get it in 2-3 hrs.. All the Best...
Those who want to wait should wait forever.. for a perfect fone.. those who want to be with time will get this phone and enjoy. it,s a very stable fone and minor bugs are there with every phone at the time of release.. those who will wait for 3-4 months, at that time another phone with better specs will be announced, then they will wait for another 5 months for its release and another 5 months for the initial firmware bugs to be resolved.. so keep on waiting guys.. those who want to enjoy now go for this phone..
Rajesh, 19 Dec 2009Friends, 600 mhz proccessor does'nt do any good when playing high bitrate mpeg4s. The amount o... moreDear Rajesh and other friends,
I have spoken 3 months back . That time everybody was asking and cursing nokia for not releasing this E72 as promised . At same time I wrote also ."after nokia has release this phone . everybody will be complaining this not right, and that not working , this not functioning." and now it is true . Everybody is complaining except a few who feel they can live with it.
But I luckily I stayed on safe side , i.e stay on side lanes and watch the traffic passby. Waiting to board something with gives no problem .
Thanks and regards
hi ppl ,
i ve had e71 for almost an year noe .. and now the e72 trust me its worth the upgrade ...
speaker volume n everything its all perfect ..its nowhere below the e71 .. its one step ahead ..
dont bother ..go ahead buy it !!
Anonymous, 19 Dec 2009e72 is a gr8 phone no lags, does not reboot, no freezes, excellent in every way.
but one pr... moreThis is a most untrue.
I have E72 here in Mumbai for the past 20 days.
It does lag and it does freeze. I need to switch it off and then turn it on again. Or sometimes even remove the battery.
I regret giving up E63 for a better mail client.
This dumb machine doesnt pull mails according to the set intervals.
And Nokia Messaging is most unreliable. It doesnt work with many pop3 servers.
Shame on Nokia for following its fans!
e72 is a gr8 phone no lags, does not reboot, no freezes, excellent in every way.
but one problem that will be fixed in the next firmware ofcourse. change the phone language to arabic. open the calculator and try typing any numbers... it wont work at all. but in other languages it does. :P
a small bug ofcourse no big deal.
Friends, 600 mhz proccessor does'nt do any good when playing high bitrate mpeg4s. The amount of free RAM after boot up is too low. The feel of ample steel on E71 is gone. It looks like E63 in a new costume. Optical Trackpad feels inferior. The backlight leak makes it feel cheaper. The speaker volume is too low and you can easily miss the calls n even vibration is so soft. E72 wins in camera and presence of fp2. Otherwise its better to wait till the price drops as presently it costs too high as it has got nothing to justify the price.
1) Nokia has chosen a design and looks of E63 and added metal finish to make E72 ( but its far less metalic than E71 )
2) The boot up time of E72 is 22 sec whereas E71 is about 46 sec which is far slower than E72. But here is a catch - E72 boots very fast and when you reach the home screen you can see a better looking menus which is a blessing of fp2. But the amount of free RAM which you get on hand is only 45 MB. Whereas on E71 or E63 you get about 90 MB +. So the ultimate speed when you use E72 is not better than E71 even though E72 has a 600 mhz processor.
3) The backlight leak from behind the action keys make E72 feel cheap and defective.
4) The medium or high bitrate mpeg4 videos are jerky and tend to stop at times. The presence of 600 mhz does not do any good which accessing videos. I have checked and rechecked. The same mpeg4 videos run so smoothly on 528 mhz Qualcomm and 400 mhz Intel Xscale processors. Why?????
5) Camera is a much better improvement over E71 but definitely far behind Carl Zeis optics found on N series. But it is acceptable as E72 is a business phone.
6) E72 looks good enough to draw attention of anyone but when you hold E72 and E71 together you will notice that E71 is far sturdier and have a solid metal feel to it.
7) Another drawback of E72 is its speaker which has a very low volume output. You can easily miss a call as even the vibrator is not so strong.
8) The optical trackpad used on E72 is a big plus but its make is very moderate when compared to Samsung and Sony Ericsson. You will feel the inferiority when you use the optical trackpad on Samsung i8510 or Omnia i900 or xperia X1 on Sony Ericsson. E72 has a cheaper feel.
9) fp2 software itself though is a very nice improvement. Web browsing and Menus are much improved and now Contacts on E72 show both Phone and Sim card together whereas on E71 it showed only Phone contacts and you had to locate contacts on Sim by choosing options to show sim directory.
10) Presence of 3.5 mm jack and flashlight is a welcome feature again these are features which were found E63 which created more interested buyers for E63. But the way you can very well use a 1 dollar 2.5 mm to 3.5mm adopter on E71 for standard headphones.
11) E72 costs about USD 380 to USD 450 whereas E71 today costs only USD 250 a much lower price