Got a quote from my local dealer here in Mumbai that he got a 1 handset for me. Its Made in Finland, will check out the same today evening and if its a genuine one, then I'll purchase it as well. BTW, he is quoting Rs. 23000 for it.
The price is not much of a concern, infact the actual handset is.
Will keep u'll posted if I am able to lay ma hands on it.
Om, 23 Nov 2009Hello Frnds i talked to Nokia's executive today abt E72 They Said its is officially launching ... moreyou called up which nokia store...reply soon...i called both the nokia concept stores and 3 sangeetha showrooms , 4 nokia priority dealers, 3 univercell showrooms and 1 the mobile store.....NONE ARE TAKING PRE-BOOKINGS...so where the helll should we pre-order it...please be specific in ur reply.
hi guys, any one can help me to insert dollar sign ($) using e72 ,, please
Already available in saudi Arabia with SAR 1700 brown, Bahrin I2 Warranty.already bought it yestrday made in china device, really its very elegant device and attractive color.Hope all fan have it
Hello Frnds i talked to Nokia's executive today abt E72 They Said its is officially launching on 1st Dec in India n it Maximum Retail Price Would Be Rs.22,989 /- !!
If u want it on 1st dec u hv to book it !!
faleh, 22 Nov 2009IN qatar,............Where in Al-Nasser area could we get it Faleh... CGC hasn't launched it as yet, or atleast I'm not aware, they usually release new models with a lot of noise abt. it :-)
QR1400 with warranty and bill ??
hey is e-72 available in black or grey other than topaz brown; in pakistan its available only in brown and its pathetic..
I have been waiting for the E72 since september...At the moment, judging by the differences between the E72 and E71, i cannot see the reason why the E72 is double the price of the E71...However, i have waited for months, i will wait for a bit more for the E72, i am not going to buy it for its features, camera or the dpad, I am going to buy it in order to have something that can last for sometime, and will be supported for sometime...My current phone is 6230 after losing my E51 in a bus...
Friends, The only major appreciable difference between E71 and E72 I studied is
1) Better Camera ( E71 camera was a let down in terms of layman photography but it is excellent when you take pics of documents, works like a photocopy device)
2) Menu facelift ( Menus on E71 looks dull and outdated when compared to E72 )
3) Presence of Torch and 3.5mm music heaphone jack
4) Optical Navigation Dpad which works like a mouse on a computer
5) Web Browser is adorable, faster and looks great the way it loads pages on screen. In some cases it beats Opera.
Now the Points where E71 fairs better is
1) On boot up, the free Memory is almost twice the size of E72 memory. Why? Because E72 as I said has a better Menu features, the transitions and in depth colour richness takes loads of Memory. Also 600 mhz process is also taking up loads of Memory to perform flawlessly on tasks thrown to it. Thats why 256 MB memory on E72 than 128 MB memory on E71. The overall speed difference on both devices performing same task is E72 is quicker by 10 to 20% than E71.
2) E71 has a much better audio quality while using speaker. It has depth and richness in sound.
3) The built quality of E71 is far solid than E72. People who have just bought E72 will find it hard to digest and will never agree to it. This argument will never end.
4) Last but not the least. E71 is today about USD 200 cheaper than E72. This is a huge difference and not justified considering only a fraction of improvement in overall usability of both devices. Only people who are fanatic about Nokia or who have ample money to spare will choose E72 at the moment. Others will wait till E72 finds its price around USD 350 to USD 380.
In indonesia it cost Rp. 4.900.000 or $456 or £515 on current exchange rate. Sun eligibility same as nokia e71 and also have a great grip. It wont slip form your hand :). Camera lens is very small and sorrounded by metal, so it pretty safe from scrathces i think. Theres only two preinstall game on the device and its pretty eye candy i guess. I never tested any game coz i dont like playing games on my phone ;)
sheriff, 23 Nov 2009thanks for ur review..can u please check out the screen in sunlight for visibility and can u a... morei think people are lying about the processor speed...when none of the reviews from nokia fan boy, boy genius, symbian review, all about symbian, all about nokia and sense applied...which fyi were all done 2-3 ago...stated this problem or no one mentioned it. come on guys how can a multi billion dollar company state a blatant lie....i think most of u guys reporting thois problem must ve got chinese fake one...and one gut says no wi fi...ha ha ha ....we live in a crazy world for real.
thejacker, 22 Nov 2009Yes it true, i also check my device using E-XPLORE v.1.35 - menu-tools-device info show cpu sp... morei think people are bulll shitttting about the processor speed...when none of the reviews from nokia fan boy, boy genius, symbian review, all about symbian, all about nokia and sense applied...which fyi were all done 2-3 ago...stated this problem or no one mentioned it. come on guys how can a multi billion dollar company state a blatant lie....i think most of u guys reporting thois problem must ve got chinese fake one...and one gut says no wi fi...ha ha ha ....we live in a crazy world for real.
adrian13, 23 Nov 2009i got e72 nokia yesterday in indonesia, and im post this comment with e72 ;) i dont know about... morethanks for ur review..can u please check out the screen in sunlight for visibility and can u also confirm that...is it slippery when u hold in ur hand
can u confirm if it has audio themes like n79
and there are reports of the battery cover goin loose..can u confirm this and also is the lens prone to scratches as it got no cover...
and finally how is gaming on it...does the screen respond to quick moving images...just curious.
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970I was going to say that,,if anything is running that will show up and put on screen the amout of proccessor used at that moment in time..I dont think nokia would lie..Any how a lot of windows are using the 1GHz snapdragon but are underclocking it to between 624 and the 1GHz ..Ive been eying up the acer f1 neo windows today but im finished with touchscreen for now but come on this thing is not only powerfull but has super battery,,the toshiba TG01 with only 400 MHz more power flattens the battery in a few hours..
The cheapest reputable place i can get e72 in stock as of now is 349 GBP or uk pound .I know i can get it cheaper but i will have to wait till at least 30/11/2009 for estimated release..I want to name the popular web shops but will not be posted,,bah humbug ..but i am getting it..The 5730 i bought is typical nokia but a real gadget lovers device but with not many around and not much talk in forums or web you feel as if your on your own,,with nokia e72 i think this forum will take off and e72 will easily be in top ten rankings as new people like me realise what e-series can do and e71 people upgrade..