I got the E90 last week as well, and fully agree with Abhinav's comments, I paid $1150 CAD for this and quite frankly it's worth every penny.
Look at this dudes frustration below :) I know man, I had lost all hopes of getting it. I guess I was just lucky, but then I wouldn't have gone for a P1, since my phone before this was M600i and I was tired of waiting 30 secs for messages to open. P1 is faster though. I checked in Sony World. Its more responsive than P990i and M600i. Make sure you move your old messages to the memory card in a new folder.
After literally waiting for the phone for almost 3 weeks, I gave up on hopes & settled for the P1i. Friends it rocks trust me.... no not the nokia e90 but the se p1i. Not worth waiting for the e90,if nokia thinks its some kind of marketing by making eager customers wait endlessly, its sadly mistaken it will losse clients. Bye Bye Nokia
Okay I got the e90 3 days back, payed a cool 35K in Poona, was lucky to get it, since I almost went to 30 retailers before it was available. Its not even there in Bombay.
1. I connected it to my broadband line thru wifi and the setup took just 2 minutes and I was browsing. You can download files from normal web pages, I downloaded a few mp3s and I could save them directly to the Memory card. This is my first cell phone, on which I could download MP3s directly from the internet.
2. 3 days, it has not hung even once. I installed fring which allows me to skype, gtalk and live messenger at once. Though I was not successfull in calling thru Gtalk. Could not hear anything.
3. Encoded my divX movies to 800x352 resolution which fits the screen perfectly with widescreen. The movie realplayer is a powerful software but lot of pixelization on the screen, typical of old lcd TVs.
4. Camera button sucks, but the cam quality is the best I have seen in a cell phone, autofocus is freaky, but works great.
5. The external display does almost everything you want it to do, but if its a movie you wana watch and internet, open the lid to an awesome screen.
6. My E90 still did not catch any GPS satellites but I am still trying to figure out how to get it working.
7. The phone is lighter than the previous communicator and the hinges are perfect.
8. The build quality can be improved, yes the back cover can squeak once in a while but it aint very bad. In fact, it squeaks really less. So cool. You can charge the phone, listen to music thru headphones and connect it to PC at the same time.
9. The two speakers at the back are stereophonic and are the loudest I have ever heard on a cell.
10. Comes with a 512Mb Micro SD Card, which is already good for a couple of movies on wide MP4 and a few songs.
11. Battery backup is huuuuuuge.
Phew I have not slept for the last 3 days and will go on like this for sometime I guess :)
Go buy it, its a great phone, if you wana watch movies and browse internet in the best way possible on any cell.
I got some confirmation from Dealers in Dubai
like fono and axium that fax option will be available soon either by empeded it in the firmware or having it as a downloadable software from Nokia website.
I got my E90 two months ago. Overall is it a very good phone, excellent 3G signal(still have two bar while others have nothing), upgrade your Quickoffice to 4.5v and you will get a lot of muscle for the phone. However built quality must be further improve. Back casing is a bit loose at one corner. Beside, dust partical tend to go inside the front screen and accumulated at around the top inside area of the navigating button. I sent to vendor but nobody dare to open the front casing as yet. Very very unhappy about it. I bought it for RM$3,888.
It seems logical that all sent items text or email should reside in its place of origin??? Does anyone know of third party apps to fix this organizational issue. I send many text and emails per hour. Very confusing to check history.
Just bought the E90. Going from Curve to E90! Really like the device...but have some issues with messaging. Why are all my sent items (text or 1 of 5 email accounts) all in the same folder (sent folder)? very confusing, especially when u have several on going text conversations on going thru the day. There is no sequence to text conversations!! Anyone have a solution?
cant decide between e90. n93i and n95 but wat i really want is a phone that allows me to use it as modem 4 laptop so i can use my dial up anywhere wat specs should i be looking at to get the best results or could anyone recommend the best phone for this pleeeeeeeeeease help
What's all the fuss about the Fax option !!!!
In this age & era people still need to FaX that much??????
I've been reading few weeks on this forum about E90. I got it from Vodacom South Africa 4 days already & it has the latest firmware 220.127.116.11. I am very upset with myself that I didn't beleive the guys which wrote the truth on this website about E90:
1. It breaks the sound from time to time; today - twice the other side after 2-3 min. couldn't hear me anymore;
2. I tried to connect to Wi-Fi - it was disconnecting now & then - not stable connection;
3. The buttons leaves marks on the screen - many people has been writting about & I was saying that it can't be - IT IS!
4. The buttons are hard to press.
5. "Fring" on E90 - big disappointment.
6. For those who needs to use from time to time Spreadsheet - wake up people! this is not Windows Mobile Office... even "Office Suite" for Symbian it's dissapointment & it opens or save a file very slow & not proprer synchronisation with the PC.
1. Internal screen is amasing - 16mln. colors, high resolution.
In the next few days, I'm going to write about my new impressions about.
But honestly, I'm plannig to make it this one gift to my wife, 'cause she likes the screen - Woman :) & I'm waiting for Eten X800.
when the hell will nokia throw out the new lot of e90.....guyzzz...
i am so tired....of this....
is it really worth waiting for...???
the webiste will have E90 review when Nokia will officaly release it
So it Nokia to be blamed for such a delay
Hey frndzz...tell me yarr..well the hell is the new stock gonna come of E90.i am dying to have one...have sold off my 990i also now..uuuufff..
Low and behold O2 have put the start date back again! What the hell is NOKIA doing, i have been waiting since its alleged release date of 16th JUNE. 3 months late and we are all still waiting...
All of these people who have an e90, where are you getting them from in the UK?
abt the code i told u u need to disassemble the code...
+ i cant say anything more than that cause its confidential... sorry
Yes, for such a powerful phone like the E90, and pricey too, the bundled software and accessories is way sub-par the competition. I am very happy with the hardware itself - the best I have used so far, but I feel short-changed on the software front. I hope to see some improvements in the next firmware release.
For the last two weeks+ I have been using most of e90 use features. Ease of dual screen with qwerty keys, high quality and comprehensive handling of signals and better multimedia support make this device truly outstanding. Its up to date quality features, functionality and remarkable look do justify its high price. However, the leather bag it comes with is of no use. Also, the utility software support is limited. So much so I can not open the registration website. To really keep e90 outstanding for some time Nokia should have pakced this device with a better designed carrying bag, extra battery and some utility software. As this is a new product Nokia may address these issues as their reputation goes.