If you're saying that the problem with E90 is the microphone then, SO BE IT!!!
I have been working in the telecommunications industry for 8 years now doing RF design, planning and optimization for GSM and 3G networks so that is why I advise possible problems on the network side rather on the phone side!!! And I am not an idiot either!!!
nikki-1981 hi Nikki Please please please you will regret after selling your P990i, Dont make the mistake I did. Nokia E90 is not for SE 990i ppl. Trust me, 990i is much user friendsly, this baby creaks & squeaks when pressed in the wrong or the right places.
Andy I'm sorry but when I first posted my opinion, the screen went blank & got kinda held up, so I thought it's not up & hence I kept pressing enter 3-4-5-6 times that's how it got posted. Sorry if any of you guys have been irritated but it was not intentional. By the way, I managed to sell my E-90, & I'm happy for the fact that it's gone. Cheers everyone. God bless us all.
Why doesn't nokia make a US version of this phone? They would sell like hotcakes, with me being first in line...
Hi. I had N90, 7710, N93, P990i, E61i, E65, N95, 0N76 and Finally E90. I have dreamed owning this phone ang finally it is in my hands. Although I really liked Luna but I went to buy this one. Let's get straight to the point.
1. The Phone is BIG. It is on the heavy side.
2. Unlike the Communicator's nokia had before, you can do all the things with the keyboard closed because all the softwares are the same and doesnt matter if the phone is open or close.
3. The Speaker is wonderful and fantastic! and beats 7710 and N76. But N95's speaker is still louder and bass is clearer.
4. When you press the buttons on the outside while using the phone, it is very soft and doesnt make sound clicks. It gives you a feeling of exclusivity may have been brought by it's size.
5. It feels just right when you use the phone closed. Although it is big, it doesnt feel that way, compared to P990i or E61i.
6. The external screen is brighter than the internal screen even though the internal screen is at its brightest.
7. When using the phone in QWERTY mode, it feels like there are so many things to do and press. And then, you think of just closing it because you can do those things even though the phone is closed.
8. Overall, the E90's reaction to key press is fast. like N76. But when i played music videos, there is a bit of a lag. N95's processor doesnt have lags or delays. N76 sucks BIGTIME on playing huge music video files.
9. Camera is not that good in dark conditions. It gives pictures a BLUE haze or tint. N76 camera is the worse and E61i and E65. N95 wins.
10. E90 is like N95 in communicator style and much more expensive. But N95 has better camera and speaker.
11. When you use E90 in public, people will look at you and think what kind of job you have to be able to buy this phone. this phone gives you an illusion and feel of power.
12. I still Like nokia 8600 Luna and I'm planning to buy it because a small phone is always a handy phone.
13. buy this phone, you will have no regrets except the camera and size.
14. When you open the phone in QWERTY mode, the angle feels awkward.
15. admit it guys, GPS is useless.
16. In QWERTY open mode, its great that you have all the little shorcuts to applications like bluetooth, calendar, profiles, infrared ((can you believe somebody still uses this?)
17. Battery is good. lasts 2 days.
18. QWERTY keyboard feels awkward when you press it. it gives you a feeling that you didnt press it hard enough and you have to press it again.
19. for some people, the keyboard light is dim. but for me it feels not that bright, but it is soft and gentle (duhhhhh?)
20. the keys at the side of the screen (in open keyboard mode), especially on the right, feels uncomfortable because you always have to press on it. like for example, when you type in an internet address instead of pressing enter, you have to press the upper right key on the side of the screen that says "GO TO". duh.
21. other than that, it is expensive, exclusive and a serious phone that aims to organize your busy life =) cheers!!!!!
I was playing with the E90 Today. I was very impressed with the size and the build quality. Especially when I had the first 2 Communicators, which were great, phones as well. E90 would fit inside the old 9000 3 or 4 times. This phone truly blew me a way. When Vodafone has it ill definitely be getting this baby.
“Great Work Nokia”
URGENT-Hello Friends i ma planning to switch from a SE P990i to E90.So please help me with this.IS IT ADVISABLE, and is there a call barring option like all the SE phones.Too CONFUSED ...CAN ANY 1 sort this out for me.
thanks a pile.cheers
to those who cannot afford sorry great phone i fix the bug on my own by researching the net tnx to all who post the site
i've bought this phone 3weeks ago i really cant use the phone it has a lot of problem i also brought it in nokia care centers in the philippines they are not accomodating it is very hard to avail their 1 year nokia care waranty. anyone from nokia please help me regarding the phone here is my contact no. 09178172088
I am prepairing my self to by e-90 phone, but i cant do so , any body tell me there is a geninue earphone or mic problem during call
can anyone tell me what is the latest firmware on the e90. mine says :- v 07 . 24 . 0 . 3 dated 12-06-07 ra 6 nokia e90 27. can someone please tell me if this is the right firmware version or is there anything newer?
i am in England and have a Nokia E90 with that crackling shhhhhhhhhhhhh noise !!!
what product code can i change my phone to so that i can update the firmware, it says there isnt one available for my phone :-(
you need MCU SW 07.24.0.3 V1.10
the one u have on ur phone is MCU SW 07.24.0.3 V1.0
the problem with the mic and the speaker makin weird noises well it is solved. i did the software update for my E90 and now is it functioning great. the software is real stable i am not having any problems with it at all...
for the ones having speaker and mic problems update ur phones O/S as soon as possible...
I am a nokia fan. Right now I am using N80 and 6300. Now this E90 thing made me crazy to have it. Can anyone tell me which asian countries maps are available in GPS. Infact I am from bangladesh.Bye everyone!!!
I had my e90 for 3weeks
FYI guys- There is a backlight on the keyboard.
it is the button next to the number "1" on your Qwerty Keyboard. and yes, the phone vibrates..
there is a problem with the phone making a buzz noise before you make an outgoing call or just when you receive a call ...
also ...there is a mic problem where sometimes the other person on the other line cannot hear you at all.
it happen to me 3 times since i had the phone. i consider my self lucky because some people had the mic problem on every call.
just google "nokia e90 mic problem"
the nokia forum will tell you everything.
over all i think nokia should do better than that making a BUSINESS phone. Crap QA testing