I will wait for this model to come out as I am using a Nokia 9500 for 3 yrs , test it before judging and commenting it .
Hi! Can anyone tell which OS would be efficient - Windows, Symbian, Palm. What should be the criteria to look in PDA. Please help.
my name is talha
i have a question,i want to know about this symbian OS.I have no knowledge about this operating system,what r the capabilties of this type of operating systems,waiting for ur reply guys i need help
Megapixels are relevant only if you wish to print out those pics and in such case you should by yourself camera and not mobile phone.
What is the Expected Price for this Phone?
And this many features wont be making it hanged as in N series?
does 5 megapixels really better than 3 megapixels? or the no much difference between the two? pls help, im thinking wheather to buy n95 or e90. thnx!
ok...guy comon...please no jokes...lets focus on the specifications and availability of this phone...no fooling around...lets discuss that how this phone is different from others...let me start...
Does E90 has FAX option?
Yes Kim the E90's Keyboard is backlit, Check the Official Nokia site for all the details.
so fm 'all-abt-symbian' website it wrotes tis fone will support tv-out when launched n i'm very glad w e news!!! but another thing, can somebody tell me does e qwerty keyboard has back-lit?
Hi, I am From jaipur (India), I am a reguler user of Nokia products, this time i am using N92 from last 10 days. I see this device on net, i think that this is a perfect device for all busines users, i am still waiting of this device. Thanks
it is a great phone, finally nokia placed a nice 3.2 mega camera on the communicator. thanks. hope it will not be too expensive...
when the 9500 came out you had a whole lot of people defending the fact that it did not have (the old excuses are in brackets and can be reconfirmed by going through the 9500 comments on this website)
1)a backlit keyboard (large screen - enough to light keyboard)
2)Vibrating alert (will spoil the phone)
3)T9 on the external key pad (not required as it has a full qwerty key board)
They have all been incorporatedin the E90.
If engineers from Nokia as you claim you are take such a defeatist stand Nokia has got no hope in hell. Remember HTC / O2 / Sony / Samsung all are coming out with great phones with more and more functions and I dont see their engineers taking such a sad stand. Shame on you... you have not only done a disservice to Nokia but to the entier engineering faternity.
Real Specs Off the Nokia Site:
* GSM quad-band (850/900/1800/1900)
* WCDMA 2100
* Volume: 140 cc
* Weight: 210 g
* Dimensions: 132 x 57 x 20 mm
* Inner: Active matrix color display (800 x 352 pixels), 16 million true colors
* Outer: Active matrix color display (240 x 320 pixels), 16 million true colors
* S60 Platform 3.1 Edition
* Symbian OS Version 9.2
* Java™ MIDP 2.0
* 5-way rocker key, 2 soft keys beside the screen, send and end keys
* Full qwerty keyboard with backlight (separate key to activate light)
* Application shortcut keys, S60 application key, profile key
* Shortcuts to Bluetooth, IR, help, and call volume control
* Full telephone keypad: send and end keys, two separate soft keys, 5 way rocker
* Power key (including profile), application key
* 3.2 megapixel camera with flash and autofocus
* QCIF camera for video calling
Email and Messaging
* Supports POP3, IMAP4, and SMTP
* Support for mobile email with filtering, including Nokia Intellisync Wireless Email
* View, open, and edit email attachments with Quickoffice (documents, spreadsheets, and presentations), Zip Manager, and Adobe Acrobat Reader
* Remote contact look-up
* Instant messaging
* Text-to-speech message reader
* MMS and SMS
* Video calling
* FM radio
* Music player (MP3, AAC)
* Media player
* Up to 128 MB free memory for user data and applications
* Extendible up to 2GB with microSD memory card
* Quickoffice office tools with editors
* Maps application for location-based services
* Nokia Office Tools 1.1 (including Active notes)
* VoIP 2.0
* Download! application for add-on application download
* Support for Nokia Intellisync Mobile Suite (delivery dependent on variant)
* WorldMate, Wireless Presenter, and Global Race – Raging Thunder – globally available via the Downloads! application
* Integrated WLAN (IEEE 802.11g)
* Mini USB, USB 2.0 full-speed
* Bluetooth wireless technology 2.0
* 2.5mm Nokia A/V connector with ECI
* Infrared (up to 115 kbps)
* Web browser (x)HTML
* Flash Lite 2.0 supported
* WLAN 802.11g
* HSDPA up to 3.6Mbit/s enabled
* WCDMA 2100 MHz with simultaneous voice and packet data
* GPRS/EGPRS (Class A, MSC 32)
* 3GPP rel 5
* Dual transfer mode MSC11, SAIC rel v1
Personal information management (PIM)
* Nokia Team Suite
* Calendar attachment support
* Meeting requests to calendar
* Calendar plug-in for 3rd party email solutions
* Contacts with images
* Nokia Active Notes application
* Support for Nokia Intellisync Device management
* OMA Device Management 1.1.2
* OMA Client Provisioning 1.1.2
* OTI firmware update
* Local connectivity with Nokia PC Suite
* Remote access to IT support via Nokia Intellisync Wireless Email and OMA device management
* Built-in S60 features protect local user data and restrict access to device settings
* Device lock, also remote lock
* Memory card lock
* OMA DRM 2.0
* Wireless LAN security features
* SSL 3.0/TSL 1.0
* Compatibility with leading third party security applications
* Support for most common wireless network encryption methods
* Voice dialing
* Voice commands for menu short cuts, keypad lock, and profiles
* Voice recording for making notes or recording conversations
* Internet Call release 2.0 for making VoIP (voice over IP) calls
* Text-to-speech message reader
* Enhanced voice commands with speaker-independent name dialing (SIND), and voice aid for eyes-free control of core functions
* Integrated handsfree speaker
* Push to talk (PoC)
Other useful features
* Integrated GPS
* Support for Nokia Intellisync file sync and device management
* Stereo FM radio
Sales package contents
* Nokia E90 Communicator
* Nokia Battery BP-4L (1500 mAh)
* Wired stereo headset (HS-47)
* Travel Charger (AC-4)
* Connectivity cable (DKE-2)
* Memory card (microSD 512MB) - content may vary at country level
* Quick Start guide
* User manual
* DVD ROM including the Nokia PC suite application
Talk time Up to 5 hours GSM
Standby time Up to 14 days GSM
Capacity 1500 mAh
All you guys do is just complain and make criticisim of the phone. You what it need to put a fax function? you would need to integrate IC's and transistor to virtually a scanning function to be able to scan. Try being a engineer working for nokia, designing phone's then you would know my work pressure and headache's I have....
The easiest thing to do is being a critic....
I hope that Nokia have upgraded the wireless security to standard WEP for 64 bit and 128 bit & etc with 13 hex digit pairs from the begining and not 40 bit, 104 bit & etc like the defult in 9500. It hard to upgrade from 10 digits pairs u know. If its open than its ok but in an office enviroment with extra strength security they just wont budge if u want the admin to demilitarized ur key strength. Just a suggestion to nokia.
This is repeated 100000 times here that E90 does not have FAX.
Get a separate fax machine for yourself and do not visit E90 site again.