new to the form, and wanted to update that I have Nokia 1520 RM-940. i have a 128GB sd card as well. last weekend I installed windows 10 build 10581 there newest mobile upgrade. Probably because several previous builds were skipped over the upgrade took awhile to complete. it is now working normal i think, and i love this bigger phone from from my previous 635. I use Claro in Central Colombia
One note i wanted to mention is i read mircosoft is saying the windows 10 mobile upgrade will require a minimum of 8 GB internal memory. So this will eliminate some of the older nokia models.
i also just ordered a new 1520 RM-937 yellow model with 32 GB internal memory and i will use a 128GB external micro sd card.
Hello guys, I am using my Nokia Lumia 1520 for the last 1.5 yrs. Satisfied with almost all the aspects of this dragon 1520. But this days it seems to be giving me a lot of trouble, once unlock, the screen starts shaking by itself. Sometimes it starts typing the keyboard by itself. I have tried with factory reset, but it didn't work. plz let me know what could be the reason, I don't want to dispose this set. In case of any suggestions, plz send a mail to me at (firstname.lastname@example.org)... thanks in advance...
byu1, 28 Oct 20151520 is best windows phone but it is 2 years old now. get 950XL. and still, difference between 950 and 1520 is only 1 gb ram. and 1520 have better processor
Raja Sahil, 03 Nov 2015Mr. Mirzan,How u upgrade Lumia 1520 to window 10..Follow step on yo*tube, just searching How to instal Wind*ws Phone 10
mizran, 01 Nov 2015I already installed windows 10 to my 1520Mr. Mirzan,How u upgrade Lumia 1520 to window 10..
I also try many times to manually updates from store but result is same..I've this problem from last one month.Anyone knows the solution of this problem..?
Hello friends,Anybody can tell me nowadays no automatic Application updates for 2 to 3 days for Lumia 1520..Anyone have same problem like this..?
Anonymous, 26 Oct 2015Had this phone for about 3 months. Painful experience. - If you're coming from Android/IOS... moreThat's only google to blame for not making apps for WP. It's a childish and immature company, cause they do make apps for iOS. Best is to have nothing to do with google.
I wanna ask...
If i'm not wrong, the camera lumia 1520 has 1/2,33" sensor size, i watch at gsmarena too. But now at spec write that it has 1/1.5" sensor size. Right?
1/2.3" or 1/1.5" ???
No you won't find any "Google" apps here, but there are equivalent Microsoft apps that compensate for it. For Gmail you've got Outlook, for Google Maps you've got HERE maps, and so on. For Youtube you're gonna need a third party app though, but the ones found on the WP store are wayyy better than the official on Android or iOS, I'm talking about Tubecast. I've had this phone for 2 years and the only problem I have with it is that sometimes app equivalents just don't exist, although this is not true for basic apps which are all perfectly fine. My phones display only has a few scratches and no cracks after 2 years, though it may be because my phone has never suffered a substantial drop. And no, I never use a case, not on any of my phones. This phone has been one of the best I've ever owned, and your entire experience on this phone will depend on whether or not you can compromise with Windows Phone, because the hardware is damn near perfect.
Anonymous, 27 Oct 2015I wonder how durable display is..Considering to buy it..1520 is best windows phone but it is 2 years old now. get 950XL.
Anonymous, 26 Oct 2015Had this phone for about 3 months. Painful experience.
- If you're coming from Android/IOS... moreyou need learn to use the store app. There is youtube, google maps and for windows phone, except google hangout. Everything you need to on android can do on windows phone too.
HERE maps and updated map on windows phone works better than google maps, has offline maps too.
mobile hotspot is works better than usb tethering.
Had this phone for about 3 months. Painful experience.
- If you're coming from Android/IOS get used to not having any of the basic applications (Google Maps, Youtube etc.) There are counterfeit versions, which are mostly just run inside an IE session.
- I haven't found any decent media player application. The default, Xbox Music app has horrible navigation logic that will just frustrate you to no end. VLC is the best one I've found, but even it is extremely counter intuitive.
- No USB tethering
- The LCD is EXTREMELY fragile. If you have this in the pocked of your jeans and they are even remotely tight. Be careful. I had this in my pocket, got in my car, and got out and the LCD was just wrecked. Cost me $250AUD to replace.
- Build quality is sub-par. Before my LCD break incident the glue from the screen started to wear off, which mean visible gaps had appeared around the edge of the screen. Fluff/hair/dirt from my pockets then lodged itself in-between the screen and the LCD. Looks like a Petri dish. Gross.
- Bing maps suck. Most of the time it wont recognize street numbers and just bring up the street, which makes it pretty much useless when trying to navigate somewhere on a main road. Also no public transport integration like Google. I should say though, in the instances where it does work, the Nokia Here+ offline maps are really handy when you are going somewhere where you know there will be no signal.
- The battery life is out of this world. Coming from iPhone 4, 4s, 5, Nexus 4 and 5... its spectacular. You could go three days with minimal charging of solid messaging and video stream.
- The camera. The Lumia's in general are pretty renowned for the awesome camera and this is no exception.