Anyone knows when will Nokia release another flagship device like this one!??? I'VE BEEN WAITING... OMG.. The camera is an absolute beast!
Anonymous, 26 Oct 2014There may be many applications, but lack of features are obvious, viz:-
1) No option of retai... moreI totaly agree with you about
all of the shotcomings of windows phone that you mentioned. However, windows phone has:
1) Superb Keyboard layout and shape (iPhone's is not bad but not quite perfect like window' one)
2) Superb Text Auto correction (iPhone has the same superb auto correction)
3) Superb smooth and lag free scrolling (iPhone is not bad. It's lag free but not as smooth)
ANDROID IS PLAIN HORRIBLE when it comes
to scrolling and Keyboard, which makes browsing multiple website slower and typing text messages slower! You will not see that Android has a problem until you try a windows phone!
~MY THOUGHTS WINDOWS PHONE 8.1~
Having using using Microsoft ecosystem since last May on my secondary NL720 device. Although it has some cons. but overall configuration of OS is really sleek and stylish. It will take a while for familiar.
No doubt Microsoft done a superb job to established its mobile OS to give customers another option in very competitive smartphone market where Android is the king.The good which i like is u can control your background running apps, in result of this OS battery last a long, although live tiles are also a unique idea to stay updated but tiles updates info only for some period of the day.
1. SETTINGS: 1st major cons. of this OS is its settings menu which is really confusing it should be determined in a different category wise tabs or groups for easy and user friendly access. But Microsoft throw all controling components of OS and settings here and there. Suppose if you are looking for hard reset option or mobile data option or even you want to copy your contacts from sim to phone then it will definitely make you annoy to find all this in emergency.
2. CONTACTS: If you store two different numbers with same name in your contact list and u want to make call one of them well no you press one name and it will automatically make call without showing number which is obviously irritating. Even if you want to copy your contacts from sim to phone then its really hard to find where the hell this option us exist specialy if u r new user even it took 2 to 3 days for me to find out this which is located in people hub option. Finally whenever u want to store or create any new contact it didn't display the storage location like sim, email or phone.
3. ACTON CENTRE TOGGLES: In action centre there is only 6 toggles u can add it should have more option for new toggles to add specialy heavily used mobile data option which didn't exist in action centre.
Above all cons are only my thoughts and observation and they are the minor issues which will definatly solve in near future updates.
Most of commonly used apps are there in store but majority of those apps are still in beta phase and functionality wise they are 2 years behind specialy social apps (like FB, WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram,Viber etc) then Google and Apple apps library.
THE MOST concerning thing is that windows phone didn't have any Google & Apple apps in its store . Which is really sad and main problem for its downfall.Majority of the customers in globe are using google apps to meet their daily demands specialy google maps for navigation and entertaining youtube app . Although Here maps are good option but this application have some issues in some regions like in my country Pakistan . Microsoft should sort out what matter they have had with Google on urgent basis to brings there apps in WP store. If it happens then it will be a huge bonus for this OS . Even Google and Apple have each other apps in their respective stores including Microsoft apps as well, then why windows phone dont have all this stuff in its store . Microsoft become so lazy to sort out these issues with other vendors otherwise they will lose the battle and majority of their customers will shift to other OS.Even i am also shifted to Andriod although i like windowsphone so much and functionality and smoothness wise i rated it above on andriod and iOS.
These are the genuine issues which i found during my experience and then describe here to share with all of you . Microsoft has to address all these matters on war footing basis to stay alive in competition.
Thanks and Waiting For Your Thought's ..
Im facing the same problem.it open different applications on its own,goes to Bing,becomes still..sometimes cant take up calls.I have deleted one message tone but still after hangin up call it keeps ringing to show balance everytime,its very irritating.I love Nokia phone but recently its creating lots of problem..how it can b redolved
Nokia should go on making more phones like this! The camera is really phenomenal. One of a kind and pioneered none other than Nokia. This smartphone camera is really second to none. I'm waiting for Nokia's latest flagship next year.. PLEASE NOKIA, BRING IT!!!!!
N1520 is a great phone but recently i had a major problem regarding camera. The Snapshots turned out blur and it could not focus out anything. I am confused. I gave my phone to Factory for a check. I have a question wheteher this problem is related to software or hardware. Hope the engineers resolve this problem. Is anyone facing the same problem. Awaiting Reply...
Beware of trolls. This it's a fantastic phone. I have been using it for 5 months. It's printed photos are clearer than most professional cameras
I love all the comments i had a phone but i am bored with it should i buy lumia 1520.. i have nokia phones till my birth.. i trust on it a lot but should i buy it is it value for money now... plzzzzzz reply.. and thanxx in advance
Anonymous, 28 Oct 2014We we postings only after several trials.
Yes I have both "files" & "Po... moreNow I realised that when you forward an email, the attachments are left out.
Further there is no option to attach them without retaining all the email trails.
If i like in fb then it reply as "like could not be send" is there any soln for this
nokia lumia 1520 is in fact the best phone on the market that money can buy most people will say that they have problems simply cause they don't understand windows phone. but windows phone is much better than android and apple clam down take time to know your'e phone and you will be amazed of the things your'e windows phone can do.
I have had this phone for over 10 months now and will be sending in for 3rd warranty replacement. It resets on its own, locks up and forces me to do hard rests, Cortana and the camera turn on, on their own. The music player fails regularly. These problems have persisted on all 3 I have had so far. Bad phone back to Android.
Rafique, 27 Oct 2014My Lumia 1520 is facing few problems, while working suddenly it diverts to Bing search and som... moreThere is a short fix for this on windiws phone centeral under lummia touch sensitivity
Anonymous, 27 Oct 2014you can attach multiple files to an email. you are incorrect. you must not have a file manag... moreWe we postings only after several trials.
Yes I have both "files" & "Pocket File Manger". The "files" does have the option of multiple select, but it is limited to only one folder. One cannot select attachments from various folders.
To get over the problem, one can transfer all the attachments into a single folder & send the mail. However this is not the ideal solution.
You have some what solved one of the several issues. What about the other listed issues.
Thaanks & cheers.
PS:- please do not take this as a comment on you, but a teaser for Nokia to resolve.