AnonD-276904, 26 Jun 2014The reader works fine, as when i insert an SD Card in NTFS format, the phone recognise it &... morethe best way to make use of the sd card in mobile is to make sure ur formatting that memory card when its connected to the mobile phone itself.
Arm core based phones will always have different sector size and format mechanism for their fast access depending on their specifications. hence pls format the sd card in phone and use it anywhere. hope i explained technically and u understood:-)
Really guys Father of all Phones its awesome to use Nokia Lumia 1520 .....The Beast
AnonD-278739, 01 Jul 2014I'm having a typical problem with this handset. It is the WiFi. Whenever I'm home the WiFi con... moreCheck with your colleagues if they face the same problem if they use the wifi in the office on their mobile device. It must be that bandwidth issue that must be cause of slowness in your office on your mobile device.
AnonD-279118, 01 Jul 2014Love this phone! is it possible to upgrade to Windows Phone 8.1 black?Official Windows 8.1 update has not been made available yet, but yes Nokia lumia 1520 owners will get it.
Love this phone!
is it possible to upgrade to Windows Phone 8.1 black?
I'm having a typical problem with this handset. It is the WiFi. Whenever I'm home the WiFi connection works perfectly. But, as soon as I connect the same handset with my office WiFi it says that there is an error as internet is not available at this time ( the Wifi connects properly, no problem in that) but none of the sites or the Store open anything. My office WiFi connection speed is 7 Mbps. I know this connection is shared by 300 - 400 users but that doesn't mean that the internet should not display anything. Can anyone please share their similar experiences and suggest solutions if any??
Thanks in advance!!!!
AnonD-44163, 30 Jun 2014Is there any way of adding EDGE toggle in this phone, it only has 3G and 4G options well not a... moreI am not sure, but i think that the options for selecting network speed 2g 3g or 4g is service provider dependent. Here in Mumbai, India i don't have option for selecting 4g in my mobile (Lumia 1520 RM-937)because 4g has not been started here at place. Correct me if i am wrong.
AnonD-278739, 30 Jun 2014Hi Guys! Just bought this beast 2 days back. Pretty much satisfied with the handset and I thin... moreHi.
i agree to you.
1. No file manager is user friendly. They don't read SD cards also. Couldn't find anything.
2. Music player cant create playlists or folder with in the app. Tried almost all players in store. They just don't allow playlist creations.
3. Downloaded music from nokia doesn't play on routine MP3 players after i copy them to external pen drive.
4. Used to download mp3 music in android so easily cant find such an app in WP. Cause i wanna transfer music to pen drive and listen in my car mp3 player. And nokia music, even after converting format to mp3 is not playing.
those who shift from android will always feel some difficulties to adapt. But then i guess we gotta look at positive points and let go.
Is there any way of adding EDGE toggle in this phone, it only has 3G and 4G options well not all areas I stay have a strong 3G network so at times I need to put it fixed on E
AnonD-278739, 30 Jun 2014Hi Guys! Just bought this beast 2 days back. Pretty much satisfied with the handset and I thin... more1) Moliplayer Support all format Movie,
2) wait for 8.1 Update
3) its not necessary to use any music player u can use defaulted Nokia + music apps
AnonD-278739, 30 Jun 2014Hi Guys! Just bought this beast 2 days back. Pretty much satisfied with the handset and I thin... moreI highly sugest you chek out a web site called windows central,and you may found every thing you need about this remarkable unit.
I got this unit about few months back,and almost I found all my consern and update news there!
I hope that helped!
Hi Guys! Just bought this beast 2 days back. Pretty much satisfied with the handset and I think I'm going to stick to this handset for a while now. Definitely better that Android (being an android user for more than 5 years now). Absolutely lag free performance and awesome camera... Obviously Android and WP are two completely different platforms but WP is more interesting than Android. I have a few questions if anyone can answer..
1) I tried all the video players but could not find a simple and user friendly app. I tried the Moliplayer but it is not playing .avi, .mkv, or any other popular format out there. It's only able to play .mp4 and a couple of other formats I don't remember as of now. It is a good app like MX Player in the Android market but not up to the mark. Can anyone suggest a good Video Player which plays almost all the formats without any problem?
2) The one thing I'm definitely missing is a good File Manager. I almost tried all the apps related to File Management apps in the store but none of them was able to read my SD Card contents. Can someone suggest me some good versatile apps (free or paid doesn't matter)
3) Is Winamp available for Winphone? If there is any app equivalent to Winamp please let me know as the native Mucic Player is not upto the mark as I'm unable to sort the songs according to Album and it's very hard to create a Playlist. I know I can do it by syncing with my Windows Media Player in my laptop but I would still prefer to do it with the app itself. Please suggest some good apps....
Apart from a few glitches ( which can be definitely ignored and you can live with that) the device is just awesome and I'm enjoying every moment with it. Hope all the flaws are covered in the 8.1 update.
HI every body i am irfan i am going to buy Nokia lumia 1520 in july so can u plz tell me what i am paying is 40k is better than to buy iphone i am in confuse to lumia or iphone 5s can anybody tell me and for lumia 1520 what are all care i have to do while buying
Nokia Lumia 1520 reviews and suggestions to make it better:
Pros: As per my experience I recommend the Nokia 1520 if you like photography specially.
1) Camera is better than any other mobile
2) Awesome processor
3) Plenty of RAM
4) Plenty of Space
5) Plenty of Battery
6) Big Size screen for better readability
7) Fast and powerful phone and definitely fill the Tablet and Mobile purpose.
8) Office apps are better than Android and iPhone
Cons: The biggest put off of the product is very limited apps, I think below apps should be part of the phone which can give more value add to the product.
1) No contact or phone directory app, we need to rely upon Gmail or any other email account to sync the mobile contacts. So user have to import the contact excel file to gmail and then sync it to phone. If user is not techie he/she never can copy phone numbers from Android or iPhone to windows phone.
2) The message app should have the bigger text box, its very small as compare to the size of the phone.
3) The text editing is complex and it should behave as iPhone and android give freedom to move cursor anywhere in the editor without any difficulty. It is bit complex and non-technical people can find difficulty to handle this functionality.
4) The connectivity widgets are not available on the fly as in Android devices. This app is a biggest missing in the product, and it should be developed to change the status of the connections as in the Android mobile.
5) Registry and cache cleaner apps are missing in the Microsoft and Nokia store.
6) Folder explorer are not up to the mark as Android.
7) Many international voip calling apps are missing.
I recommend the phone on speed, camera, and few good apps as well and recommend it to 8 out of 10 points. Only few apps need to be developed and it will beat all the other players in the market
hari, 29 Jun 2014hi friends am planning buy new nokia lumia 1520.is it realy a gud phone?.how is the battery ba... moreHi hari, believe me when i say I was a fan of android. I used to use Samsung all along. Until i realised that Samsung phones show a lag. I hate that, especially when i say other phones perform better.
so i started using core android phones like nexus4 & later nexus5. But i still wasn't happy cause if they didn't lag, their UI wasn't completely user friendly. So my search for a better phone continued.
after 6 years, i shifted to WP8. Its a different but a lag free platform. The apps really don't match up, but enough their to not affect your working.
battery life is really good. 2 days and i am still at 23% left as of now. Being a Dr i use my phone extensively. Pts in email, reports on email, Facebook updates of my profession, query replies. Drafting letters and reports. All with this device.
i haven't updated to 8.1 since it isn't released officially, but im sur that it won't let me down.
bye it if your heart is set on this. Trust me it will not disappoint you, if you are willing to accept a change and let go of some minor nitty-gritty.