yogesh24, 28 Dec 2012Is lumia 510 support bluetoothfile transfer?Bluetooth share now available nokia updated version 7.8
I have been using this phone for nearly 20 days now, and after reading some of the blatantly biased reviews, have decided to write one myself. I shall only provide reasons as to why it is a good investment, and why not.
1. You want a large, reasonably sharp screen.
2. Lag drives you crazy. (WP7 is light years ahead of Android in this department).
3. You thrive on social media. (Deep integration of Facebook, only iOS 6 matches it).
4. You want excellent build quality (it is a Nokia, after all) and looks.
5. You want a visually pleasing and user-friendly OS.
6. You want MS Office for free (don't think an average user needs it, though).
1. You are an app junkie. (WP has significantly less apps than Android or iOS).
2. You want a portable media center. (though 2.8 GB of media should be enough for normal people)
3. You don't own/frequently access a PC/Laptop. (All data is synced using Zune only).
4. Gaming enthusiast. (The processor/RAM can't handle most existing games).
5. Are anything more than a casual photographer (No LED flash, or 720p recording).
Hope this helps :)
PS: Our Indian youngsters are highly biased with Android/apps and expects a mini computer on phone. Talking about update to 7.8, I can still see people uses the Samsung Ace demand which has released years ago.
ridhima, 27 Dec 2012how can update widows 7.8? I think at this moment , update is available at Nokia Care Centers only .
I just called the nearest nokia care center and they said its available.
So, you can check the nearest nokia care center.
I am also going to update soon
Just to answer some questions that people have on the handset:
• Windows Phone 7.8 will be released officially in Q1 2013. If you can make your way to a Nokia Care Center in India, then you can get it updates straight away.
• This handset does support WhatsApp. For those who don't know, you can use it like BBM. Skype is not available, but you can text chat to your Skype contacts through an app called IM+.
• To connect this phone to a Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP PC, you must download the Zune software (http://www.microsoft.com/download/details.aspx?id=27163). There is no drag and drop, all content is transferred to and from the device through this software. You cannot use Zune on a Mac, but there is software available for transferring items across (https://itunes.apple.com/app/id415571499?mt=12&affId=1736887).
Any other questions, feel free to ask.
aadil, 27 Dec 2012it contain whats app?WhatsApp is available for the Nokia Lumia 510.
hey friends,,, can we use skype on nokia lumia 510? if yes,, pls send me the download link....
thanks in advance
hey guys wp7.8 update firmware version 12460 is now updated to 12490...
anyone wid 12490???? pls share wats new in it
ta, 25 Dec 2012well just got it a couple of days ago to be honest didnt think much of it at start then it gre... morewell got this phone first not knowing it was that big and large pk fine then had to cut the sim with the help of my dentist friend!!!! then when I wanted to pair the phone with my mac never show on the screen any sign of the phone???? then wanted to add some photos via bluetooth even tough it pair with the mac the file could never be sent a bit of a drag what can i do with this gigantic useless machine evry operation is complicated to answer you need basically both hands free yes accept!!!!! merde merde
I agree. Under 15k there are no phones as good as lumia except Sony. But lumia 920, 900, 820, 800 are also very good phones at high price range. But at that higher ranges I choose android.
jj, 24 Dec 2012i know only that nokia gives very law facility in high price and samsung gives very high facil... moreSamsung phones in this price range are with a smaller display, with 240x320 pixels and a very low or below average ppi density. This phone has a 4 inch display with a much bigger resolution 480x800 and more sharpness. I would definately go for this phone if I had to choose between this, or a Samsung. Only Sony or Sony Ericsson got phones that are more similar, with better screen resolutions and same functions.