K.P, 09 May 2013I have been using this phone for two weeks now, here is my review...i read many reviews before... moreDude this wp8 os still in beta testing condition.. means still ms is working on it.. nd os is under development condtion.. just wait dude.. ms workers fully trying to remove all problems.. nd they provide us updates time 2 time in future days..
when l520 will be update can we get file manager app on this phn is it possible?
I have been using this phone for two weeks now, here is my review...i read many reviews before buying this,i found it to be good,but Iam bit disappointed now..
1. No one mentioned that we can't download songs or videos from IE... Yes we can download them in UC browser,but it doesn't work in background.. So,it's not really multitasking.
2. IE doesn't give full html 5 support, some sites doesn't work properly,eg. Iplfantasy, I can't make transfers.
3. I can't change volume for songs downloaded from Nokia music... Now that's strange but i can't.
4. You can't save login details in IE,it's quite frustrating to type it every time.
5. I don't have problems with Windows app store,but 1 app i miss is sbi freedom.
now some good things...
1. User interface...it's too good.
2. OS is smooth,no hanging problems.
3. Good camera in this range.
i have nokia 5233 which is 2g. and i want 3g smartphone. Is lumia 520 gives best smartphone experience under 10k comare to samsung android?
Because my need is follows;
Smooth touch interface
Grt web experience in 3g
Grt and smooth ui
Ability to play minimum 720p video.
This phone sells out everywhere because it's a steal at this price. No other phone performs as well this one in this price range.
Anonymous, 08 May 2013Download any music software from market. Y confuse? Buy Sony headset, don't buy other headset. Unfortunately Music softwares (with equalizer) not available in market. Video player also not available for Lumia 520.
satish chodankar, 08 May 2013my set gets very hot when i used for 1 hour, is everbody experiencing the same problem for lumia 520Dear, heating is normal for every smartphone especially if you are browsing the net
I love this phone. It is very useful..ms office rocks! Ive been using android phones..no regrets in switching to wp8. Battery lasts longer compared to samsung androids..it us worth buying.
can anybody tell me abt the whatsapp in this phone whether we cann send videos/pics to ppl or not
DO REPLY PLZ
i cant wait to own this beautyyyy...
pls anyone suggest whether a screenguard is reqd for this and wich one(brand prefrbly available on flipkart)
satish chodankar, 08 May 2013my set gets very hot when i used for 1 hour, is everbody experiencing the same problem for lumia 520Yes..
adjtk01, 08 May 2013it didnt work :(
Just conform that..
ur area has 3g coverage for reliance?.. i thnk ther is no 3g covrage..
wher u live?
coz in my area docomo 3g cvrg nt availble only 2g availble.. bt all other has 3g covrg but 3g packs are nt affortable..
adjtk01, 08 May 2013it didnt work :(
I thnk u hav wrong gprs setting or 2g setting..
just call reliance care centre nd ask them setting for 3g nd note it on paper.. after that make setting manually..
below network mode bar ther is add apn option.. just do it manually
Worth Every Penny You Spend on this Phone :)
Awesome Touch Sensitivity
Awesome Call Quality
Awesome Sound Quality
Awesome Display Quality
Awesome Build Quality
Awesome Touch and Feel
Flash player, MS office, IE, 3G, Wifi
No FM radio
No Front Camera
Bad earphone in pack (u can buy other)
Speaker gets mute if you cover it
windows phone 8 is Exquisite! and that too at 10K is simply awesome deal .
First of all, thanks to flipkart for its up to the mark and quick, as usual, service. You may get this phone at lower price at other stores but at flipkart you are assured of the authenticity(seal not broken).
Coming to the phone , WP8 is way better than the androids. The number of apps may seem less but if you think of usable and required apps, windows' store has an upperhand. and come on it's Windows. It hates piracy. So you are assured of your apps being safe to download and use.
Some pros -
1) I liked the tile structure. It's different and easy to use.
2) 1 GHz processor is fast with no lags.
3) Multitasking is easy and quite handy in WP8.
4) Heating problem is temporary only. I did experience it in the starting. but after using it for 2-3 days, now I don't face heating problem. Marginal heating can't be ruled out for smart phones of this much calibre.
5) camera quality is good.
6) Sound quality is good but not the best.
7) Battery is sufficient to use the phone at full efficiency for a day, which the androids can't.
8) Office 365 is very simple to use and have great features.
9) Here maps is great feature. though it is little short of google maps, I'm sure it will evolve. The thing is you can use it offline. no need for internet connectivity.
10) Build quality is elegant.
11) Plenty of games available in store. many of them are free.
12) Touch is very good. while using the phone you feel the elegancy.
some cons -
1) earphones quality is cheap. earphones of Nokia 3230 which is now seven years old, is still way better than what i got with 520.