Nagarjun Surya, 12 Apr 2013Hey frnds please tell.Will this phone play avi,divx,3gp etc??this is wd phone not Android.
OS restriction is still hindering geeks attraction.
I love wp8 phone. But i want opera browser. I know uc browser available in wp shop but i want opera. Window should think about opera browser.
Just Awesome ...Go for it blindly
4 inch Display
Same hardware for 520,620,720
Bigger battery than 620 (1430 vs 1300)
5 mp camera with HD recording
(No LED flash :( ..but still what more u expect in 10.5k )
Awsome Windows Phone 8 @ 10.5k ..Best Perfomance Super stylish whats more go for it!!
I Personally was waiting for this phone from days after its release i purchased it and iam now loving it ... before this i had nokia lumia 510 was quite good but The NOKIA LUMIA 520 serioulsy rocks n is far better than all win 7.8 phones
1.Windows 8 has many apps n being 1Ghz processor + 512Mbv ram need npt to worry abt app n games almost everything works , u even hav talking tom for windows which was a dream for all windows users
2. Super speed and believe me ul Love the UI(user Interface) its soo smooth .
3.Whats app is intgrated and many fixes when compared to previous windows os like u hav GRAPHICAL SMILEYS in messaging , mark n send option in bluetooth and u need not to pair with the device to send any data u just need to mark n send it .
4. Windows 8 has no seperate app for bluettoth as mentioned above its direct
5.No more problems related to zune for symncronizing as the phone is directly considderd as USB mass storage so u can connect to any PC or laptop.
6.Internal Memory 8GB is v impressive and mass memory expalndable to 64 GB
7. Compared To NOKIA LUMIA 620 This has a bigger screen the LCD capacative IPS display
8. It has smart shoot,panorama shoot , and spcl lens for low ligh Pics which the Nokia Lumia 920 has so pics are impressive even at 5 MP
9.Internet explorer 10 is awsome
10.u hav auto upload of chat, photos and contacts to skydrive ie the cloud so no need to worry on backup
11.A mior feature which the windows 7.8 was lacking was conference call even tat is included in this version of windows 8 phone.
12.u can customise the lock screen for notifications
13.battery is long lasting good backup seriously
14.SKYPE also works in this phone with just audio.
15.Games Look enhanaced with the display n the 3d accelerator
16. u can link ur lync account even and Outlook account .
17.HERE MAps r just super awsome .
18.720P HD recording for videos n it works very fine withou hickups.
LASTLY THE BUILD OF THE PHONE IS AWSOME LOOKS LIKE MINI 920 FRON THE FRONT ITS V STYLISH ... UL LOVE IT FOR SURE
1.Not all Games r free .. if ur a game frak ul face a little problem
2.Headset is not having very good sound compatability so u need to switch to a new headset for better sound effects on headset
REST IF I CONSIDER THIS IS THE BEST PHONE AND EVEYTHING IS SO COOL IN THIS PHONE ..... STARTING FROM THE BUILD TO THE SMOOTH OS.. I WOULD SAY GO FOR IT ....UL NEVA REGRET.. A TOUGH FIGHT FOR ANDROID NOW !!
Lumia 520: The Small Wonder
Bought this for INR 10100. Pretty Good VFM if you ask me
Some Salient Features of this Phone
1. The feel of the phone is awesome. I don't agree with people saying it feels cheap. My friends say it feels better than the 620
2. The Screen is non Clearback: So contrast is not as rich as Lumia 620. But viewing angles are far better. Sunlight Legibility is great. Super Sensitive touch works great. If contrast and clear back is what you want go for the 620. But the viewing angles of 520 are better.
3. The Keyboard is just plain AMAZING. Miles ahead of Wordflow, Swype and other custom keyboards. Predicts words perfectly.
4. Feels as smooth as the 1GB WPs. Some apps do not run but most can be fixed with an app update.
5. Nothing Beats Nokia's Custom Apps
6. There is no Flash or FFC. While nokia could have added a flash but the 620 is there for that. But yes. The daylight photos are Downright AMAZING.
7. The power lock and camera buttons provide a very tactile feel in the 520. Something I missed with the 620.
8. WP8 is pretty improved from WP7 (I come from Lumia 710). Lockscreen Notifications, Dynamic lockscreen provides lot of usability benefits. So it the performance from the NT kernel.
9. The Speaker is LOUD and pretty LOUD so. Though you may hear distortion at high volume. Its as loud if not louder than 620.
Excellent phone in this range!!
Nokia released a great phone this year for this price, that too windows 8. Main thing is the design, the design is superb.. I bought this phone from an offline store on the release day.
Main features of this phone are: 1Ghz dual core qualcomm snapdragon processor, Windows 8 OS, 5MP camera with auto focus and inbuilt 8GB internal memory.
Performance: The performance of this phone is very smooth even after installing several apps. It doesn't show any laggy behaviour.
Design: This phone has a great design, very slim less than 1cm thick. This is the striking thing of this phone.
Apps : I've installed several apps on this device, even installed ASPHALT 7 HEAT XBOX GAME, runs very smoothly but the top part of the phone got heated up when I was playing this game.
Battery: The phone comes with 1430mAh battery which is moderate battery capacity for a smart phone.
Wi-fi : Wifi speeds are awesome....I've downloaded Asphalt 7 heat in 20mins.
Camera: Who cares about flash when the photo quality is so good even without flash
Phone is good, Bluetooth work fine, 4inch IPS screen look great but if it come with clear black display like 620 but still happy, all applicatins available but less than android, Battery backup better than android, browsing very fast, good for songs, 8gb internal memory with 64gb external memory,720p videos play smoothly, 5mp camera great, etc etc...@10k...Go for it
Naulak, 12 Apr 2013Can you tell me if Nokia Lumia 520 supports Opera Mini? Can I download it from the App Store? ... moredear friend no opera mini release yet for windows phone 8 , but you can use Uc browser it is nice application
sony official, 12 Apr 20131. you are saying just opposite wp are not at all customisable than android.
you get that b... moreHow much money you got from Sony shop.
what do you known about Windows phone.Android is nowdays slow.Go and check the details.
Sony xperia e comparing to nokia Lumia 520 the Sony xperia e is tottaly waste
nxt wek am going to buy Nokia Lumia 520 , pl tel wt r all d - & + in this mobile, tel frnds am waiting...
Can you tell me if Nokia Lumia 520 supports Opera Mini? Can I download it from the App Store? Please tell me.
AnonD-135101, 12 Apr 2013hey guys.hi.I jus want to know:
1. if windows has full bluetooth support.
2. is nokia music ... more1.bluetooth is supported but first you have to connect via settings to sync stuff
2.nokia music unlimited subscription for 3 months
3.screen is not bad comparitively very good at this price range unless you want to read the screen under sunlight
4.heating effect is not yet observed
Hi everyone I purchased NOKIA LUMIA 520 ON 6th April for RS 10000, my first reaction was Sexy looks no doubt, on hands it looks very premium, touchscreen is ultra smooth and sensitive, and with dual core processor and 512 Ram and Andreno GPU 305, it works awesome till date NO lags at all while performing various tasks, like 3D GAMES, Surfing net, it can play FULL HD videos without any issues, Camera is 5 mxp pitcures are very sharp and clear the colour reproduction is very good, battery it can go a full day with a single charge, final verdict Windows 8 rocks.... GO FOR LUMA 520 THUMPS UP.....
AnonD-130019, 12 Apr 2013Somebody who's got the phone, how is the battery life? On normal use, does it last a full day?... moreJust mind blowing phone.....in normal battery life is awesome,forgot about a day it has been smooth run on another day....i think till now best phone from all aroun(like: price,feature,performance etc etc)
I bought a Lumia 520 yesterday, brought home & tried to take some photos. very difficult to click,sometime ok. the camera key is defective, today 12/4/13 returned to the seller, he tried to fix, called the Nokia serviceman, we waited 2 hrs, finally technician couldn't rectify. we ask for a replacement, the dealer collected the phone back and ask to visit again to collect the phone next day . those who r going to buy on line, think...