Geo2012, 23 Jan 2014Pros of the Lumia 1. The windows OS is light and very fast with the 1ghz dual core processor.... moreI appreciate all of you pros about this phone but the Cons you have mentioned are totally wrong you can save your pics. And videos to sd card by selecting mark option and then click option then tap save to SD card.... And also file manager is coming with wp8.1blue and almost all videos are supported by MoliPlayer put ur videos in pictures folder and about downloading limit almost all OS have limit of 100MB to save your cellular data so it is not in Cons of this phone the biggest cons of this phone is its 512MB because i think MS is now no more with 512RAM devices they dont want to make again they are focusing on 1GB of RAM only so no chances to get coming high end games in this phone even also games like guns for hire,tr2,ss not supporting this device
Geo2012, 23 Jan 2014Pros of the Lumia
1. The windows OS is light and very fast with the 1ghz dual core processor.... moreGood review dude..
1- u can change storage setting of pics, music, documents as SD Card or phone storage.
go to settings- phone storage.
only videos r restricted now to save or share.. hope it wl resolve in next wp8.1 blue update.
2- to play any codac video like mkv, flv, avi, vob n all other download 'Moliplayer pro' which is works same like mx player in android.
VLC Player is coming soon.
Pros of the Lumia
1. The windows OS is light and very fast with the 1ghz dual core processor.
2. The 512MB RAM supports a good number of apps in windows store.
3. The 8 gb storage is sufficient for a good number of app downloads. if you heavy games with lots of gb to them, 8 gb wont work for you.
4. The MS Office has no comparison not even in the android ecosystem. Simply put, its brilliant.
5. The screen is good enough at WVGA resolution and thanks to Nokia tweaks you can have fair sun light legibility.
6. The 5mp camera is good and does record videos at 720p. The lenses from Nokia and Microsoft do spuce things up. With lumia black update you will get the Nokia pro camera app.
7. In terms of connectivity this lumia is really great for its class. The internet speeds are quite fast, the WIFI is great. Internet explorer is good despite fewer options when compared with say chrome for android.
8. The navigation extras on this lumia are excellent. Offline navigation, as long as you download the maps first. The Here drive is amazing to use, except it drains the battery fast.
9. The Metro UI is good enough. Once you figure our how and where to put your tiles, its really fun.
1. The most wanting part is the lack of a proper file manager. you can see the memory usage and all but you cant move videos or photos to the memory card. No options to move things around like in android.
2. The video codec support is wanting too. With my android phone i can download MX PLayer and play various types of movies on my LG L7II Dual.
3. The data limit for downloading over the mobile network is about 50mb or 100mb. If only MS can change things.
Will put more updates later.
I am a Nokia Lumia 520 and LG L7II Dual user. I read the reviews posted by folks comparing windows phone and android on the mid range. I don't think that kind of comparison works. My experience is that Windows is a very light OS and its very unique. Android on the other hand is a heavy OS and also very unique. The specs of my devices are not on the same level so i can't really compare this two devices. For instance the Lumia has faster 3G speeds than my LG so i can't really compare the web performance. The processors are both dual cores clocked at 1Ghz Windows phone being a light OS the performance of the lumia is faster than my LG. I love both OSes but my advice is, if you want a simple OS without the complexity of heavy customization go for windows phone 8. If you want alot of customization and a mature OS then android is the way. Remember the newer versions of android are better, don't use gingerbread or froyo and complain. Get a device with jelly bean and if possible Kitkat.
john, 23 Jan 2014Yes you are so true...android is mature platform or say it is smarter and the major plus point... moreThank you. I agree if some people low end Android aren't good. If user has more money, he/she can buy mid end or high end.
I have just bought Lumia 520 and so far so good. But I don't know where to go to make my phone stop vibrating whenever I attach the screen. This is making my battery not to last long. Pliz help
raj, 22 Jan 2014Which one is better ?? Lumia 525 or 520...I'm lil' bit confused about choosing one....choose 525
I want to buy mobile in upto 9000.. which can be good android or windows.
Previously i used Samsung S duos. i used internet more. i want good battery back up. plz suggest me.
NikiDroid, 23 Jan 2014Actually it will depend on you preference and need. I had used Lumia 520 and made me disappoin... moreYes you are so true...android is mature platform or say it is smarter and the major plus point is that we dont need pc or laptop for getting our work done..and somesays that android hangs but it is not so true now time has changed and one get a fair amount of RAM and processor under 10k so their is no problem of hang any more ...now many companys launching their handset with 1.2Ghz processor +1gb Ram under 10k..and regarding net surfing speed than almost this mobile speed we get in android also, I had tested this ...,
suggest me how to take print out an SMS thread for legal pupose in 520? please help me out
roihan, 22 Jan 2014I cannot share my files through Bluetooth. Any suggestions???1st make blutooth switched on and visibl, then go to share option.( videos cant b shared)
Sujan, 22 Jan 2014There are some problems I have : I can't assigned a ring tone from the songs I have in my Micr... moreMe too. I used Lumia 520, couldn't set ringtone from SD card, that's why I sold it and go back to Android.
King's, 22 Jan 2014Hi Nik,,,please suggest me,,,,xperia M or Galaxy Ace3,,,we know the price of both (IDR),,,actu... moreActually it will depend on you preference and need. I had used Lumia 520 and made me disappoint. Can't set ringtone from SD card, can't read document file in SD card, Internet Explorer can't upload, UC Browser frequently shows can't connect to internet (no better that Opera Mini), download apps more than 50 MB needs Wi-Fi (now maybe can up to 100 MB). Those can be done in Android, and can download file more than 200 MB using operator network. So I prefer in Android. If you like mature OS, more apps, file manager, notification center, go for Xperia M.
raj, 22 Jan 2014Which one is better ?? Lumia 525 or 520...I'm lil' bit confused about choosing one....Go to Lumia 525, it has newer firmware and 1 GB RAM.
raj, 22 Jan 2014Which one is better ?? Lumia 525 or 520...I'm lil' bit confused about choosing one....525 is a lot faster and can play all games. 525 is the way to go.
Guys i'm a user of Nokia x2-01 n want to bought a new mobile price10,000 can u suggest me which phone is best or not n What u think about lumia 520
eduard, 22 Jan 2014This is probably not the smartest idea but you can hard reset it, that's in case you're totall... moreBut formating SD card wont change a thing coz the apps are installed into phone memory. please is there anyother way?
shiv, 22 Jan 2014please help! I accidently stopped installation of asphalt 8 in between.Now my phone is showing... moreThis is probably not the smartest idea but you can hard reset it, that's in case you're totally desperate. Otherwise you can manually format your SD card if you have one.